Comic Discussion

Lunchbox

FUUUUUUUUUUUUU-.

I'm telling my dad to tell me whenever there's a garage sale from now on.

Now, does anyone here read Batman Inc.? I just read the first issue and found Selina's reaction to hentai hilarious.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Went to a garage sale today and scored all of these:

k9ay68.jpg

The best part? They were 25 cents each. I got $7 worth.

:o

I know, right? I was expecting like $1-$2 a piece, which don't get me wrong, it's a good price, but that would have added up very quickly. For 25 cents a piece, I looked through the whole box 5 or 6 times before I was satisfied.

Went to a garage sale today and scored all of these:

k9ay68.jpg

The best part? They were 25 cents each. I got $7 worth.

:o

I know, right? I was expecting like $1-$2 a piece, which don't get me wrong, it's a good price, but that would have added up very quickly. For 25 cents a piece, I looked through the whole box 5 or 6 times before I was satisfied.

God damn it. 25 cents a piece? :o :o Why can't there be sales like that here? D:

TIME TRAVEL!

Anyways, here's a good article I read on ComicVine, but had no idea where to post it (should it be made into a topic...or wha?)

http://www.comicvine.com/news/batgirl-year-one-gets-the-animated-treatment/143419/

Last night the final episode of 'Batman: The Brave and the Bold' aired on Cartoon Network in Great Britain, and our friends across the pond got more than they bargained for with that episode. The final episode of the popular Batman series, "Mitefall," ended with a short film starring none other than Barbara Gordon as Batgirl. The clip, obviously based on the Chuck Dixon 'Batgirl: Year One' mini-series shows Batgirl in her original blue and yellow costume.

Can I just say how awesome this is? If you've seen previous episodes of 'Batman: The Brave and the Bold' featuring Bat-Mite, then you probably remember the mini movies set in an alternate reality. I'm going to guess that this is just another short movie, and that there probably won't be a Batgirl television show based on the 'Year One' graphic novel. Oh, but how I wish that weren't the case.

Is it a coincidence that Barbara Gordon is returning to the Batgirl mantle this fall and that this teaser is coincidentally added to the final episode of the series? Perhaps, perhaps not. After all, this wouldn't be the first time that a we've seen hints of an animated 'Batgirl.' After all, Warner Brothers animation director (Wonder Woman, Justice League) Lauren Montgomery had cited interest in doing a Batgirl animated film based on the 'Batgirl: Year One graphic novel in the past. Check out the clip from the final episode featuring Barbara Gordon as Batgirl below!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hW3qrdfRj04

Despite it being CGI, it's very good CGI considering what we're getting with Green Lantern Animated Series, and I would watch this nonetheless. A new "Batman" CGI show is coming up after Brave and the Bold, so perhaps this is it.

As long as it was made in 1962 it should be all good.

TIME TRAVEL!

Anyways, here's a good article I read on ComicVine, but had no idea where to post it (should it be made into a topic...or wha?)

http://www.comicvine.com/news/batgirl-year-one-gets-the-animated-treatment/143419/

Last night the final episode of 'Batman: The Brave and the Bold' aired on Cartoon Network in Great Britain, and our friends across the pond got more than they bargained for with that episode. The final episode of the popular Batman series, "Mitefall," ended with a short film starring none other than Barbara Gordon as Batgirl. The clip, obviously based on the Chuck Dixon 'Batgirl: Year One' mini-series shows Batgirl in her original blue and yellow costume.

Can I just say how awesome this is? If you've seen previous episodes of 'Batman: The Brave and the Bold' featuring Bat-Mite, then you probably remember the mini movies set in an alternate reality. I'm going to guess that this is just another short movie, and that there probably won't be a Batgirl television show based on the 'Year One' graphic novel. Oh, but how I wish that weren't the case.

Is it a coincidence that Barbara Gordon is returning to the Batgirl mantle this fall and that this teaser is coincidentally added to the final episode of the series? Perhaps, perhaps not. After all, this wouldn't be the first time that a we've seen hints of an animated 'Batgirl.' After all, Warner Brothers animation director (Wonder Woman, Justice League) Lauren Montgomery had cited interest in doing a Batgirl animated film based on the 'Batgirl: Year One graphic novel in the past. Check out the clip from the final episode featuring Barbara Gordon as Batgirl below!

Despite it being CGI, it's very good CGI considering what we're getting with Green Lantern Animated Series, and I would watch this nonetheless. A new "Batman" CGI show is coming up after Brave and the Bold, so perhaps this is it.

Which Lantern is the Green Lantern series going to be based off of?

TIME TRAVEL!

Looks pretty cool. And it's not that annoying crappy CGI that half-assed cartoons put out these days, it actually looks fairly decent.

The entire Whedon/Cassady run of Astonishing X-Men made me fangasm in every way possible. I pretty much missed out on any comics in the 2000s so I've been playing catch-up now and I have been hearing of the greatness of Astonishing X-Men for quite some time and couldn't agree more after having read it. I loved every moment of it and it is easily one of, if not the absolute best story arc in the large history of the X-Men.

Now I need something new to read. I'm probably going to take the stuff Southern Comfort mentioned to mind (because he's a smart fella) for later. I'm not sure if I want to pick up on Runaways Vol. 2 or something new. Someone give me recommendations. Preferably not X-Men as I have pretty heavily been reading lots of X-Men for quite some time now.

^The Ultimates 1 & 2 are great reads by Mark Millar (Writer of Civil War). Basically the Avengers in the Ultimate Universe. I thought Siege was a pretty interesting Marvel-wide storyline and had some pretty cool moments so you could pick that up. Secret Avengers is not bad either.

Kingdom Come is *censored*ing epic! I found it in my dad's box of comics and I'm only on page 75, but it's pretty *censored*ing addictive so far. I think the whole story, the art, everything about it is amazing.

^The Ultimates 1 & 2 are great reads by Mark Millar (Writer of Civil War). Basically the Avengers in the Ultimate Universe. I thought Siege was a pretty interesting Marvel-wide storyline and had some pretty cool moments so you could pick that up. Secret Avengers is not bad either.

Thanks. =D

I think I'm going to read Ultimates then.

I'm on Chapter Four of Kingdom Come and the whole thing has just been a wild ride full of mind-*censored*s, twists and action. It's so *censored*ing addictive and I think I haven't read anything better. I'm going to re-read Superman: Red Son next because I've only skimmed it before.

Anyone who's never read Kingdom Come before, it's highly recommended. The art is extremely realistic and very good and it seems like you're enthralled in a movie. The story is about the superheroes of yesterday (Superman, Batman etc) coming out of seclusion to bring order to the new superheroes of today who are being too reckless and destroy the morals they left behind.

Are The Walking Dead comics any good? I've read the first 3 issues and enjoyed them, and I hear high praise about this "prison" storyline.

Archived