Comic Discussion

Lunchbox

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Read a bit of Brubakers run on Daredevil and its really good.

I'm halfway through Bendis' run, which is awesome. Read a bit of Bru's aswell, and the first arc with Matt in prison was kickass!

I got to the end of that when he finds out who the new Daredevil was which i loved. It sucked because i was reading then book on my break and i got to the part where the Punisher gives himself up for arrest and had to go back to work. So good. I want to get into Bendis' run next. As much as i like Brubaker's i still don't think its better than Mark Waid's current run.

Ordered Marvel Noir: Spiderman/Punisher for tomorrow night when I need to be at work early. Supposed to be Spider-Man Noir 1-4, Spider-Man Noir: Eyes Without a Face 1-4, Punisher Noir 1-4. Mostly got it for the Punisher content, as I collect Punisher books, but the whole thing sounds pretty intriguing.

Ordered Marvel Noir: Spiderman/Punisher for tomorrow night when I need to be at work early. Supposed to be Spider-Man Noir 1-4, Spider-Man Noir: Eyes Without a Face 1-4, Punisher Noir 1-4. Mostly got it for the Punisher content, as I collect Punisher books, but the whole thing sounds pretty intriguing.

Jesus H. McGillicutty Christ, Spider-man Noir is one seriously racist comic book. Dr. Octavius is a cripple with little deformed legs in a wheel chair...nothing like his modern day counterpart. He has eight rudimentary arms with things like scalpels and bone-saws, and he performs brain surgery on black people to turn them into the perfect slaves. This is absurd. Vulture eats people alive, Sandman crushes people's skulls, and there's a Nazi agenda behind everything. I thought the "M" rating on the book was for shits and giggles.

I don't know if any of you have been checking out :

East of West from Image

5 Ghosts from Image

or

Atomic Robo by Red 5 Comics

All three are just astounding titles that are something different from what Marvel or DC are putting out. It may be something you'd like to check out.

• 1 month later...

Reading Hulk (And another comic talked about this but i can't remember.) this week and it seems they might put a end to time travel in the Marvel universe, which THANK GOD. Morrisons run on Batman Inc ended which also brough the end to his whole Batman run, and it was kinda just OK. And if you haven't seen Flashpoint Paradox go get it, the animation is kinda goofy but the story is great and has probably one of the most heartwarming endings with Batman and the Flash.

Reading Hulk (And another comic talked about this but i can't remember.) this week and it seems they might put a end to time travel in the Marvel universe, which THANK GOD. Morrisons run on Batman Inc ended which also brough the end to his whole Batman run, and it was kinda just OK. And if you haven't seen Flashpoint Paradox go get it, the animation is kinda goofy but the story is great and has probably one of the most heartwarming endings with Batman and the Flash.

Think it's awesome this thread exists. Glad there's some fellow comic fans in here.

Flashpoint Paradox was great, and I definitely agree on the silly animation. Everyone was way too big for me. However, it's saying something when the story really helped me just forgive the animation as a whole, and keep me that much into it. The fights are great as well, and that's really worth mentioning.

As for good comics coming out, anyone else pumped for Forever Evil/Villains Month? Lobo, which is my favorite DC character, is getting some spotlight shown on him. He's also going to be featured in the Injustice Annual. He's also in the Stormwatch series.

I have this feeling, they're going to start teasing at a new Lobo ongoing series.

I can't keep track of all the different stories, honestly, there's just too much going on, so I won't even pretend to know what's going on, all I know is that Moon knight is a badass, really the only comic I still know a thing about.

Well, Forever Evil is still on the brink of starting.

Also, you could probably pick up the start to the new Green Lantern run. Geoff just left it, I think two issues ago. Might as well check that out.

Anyone reading "Infinity"? I want to read it, but I think I'll wait till the whole story gets published into one book. Which reminds me, there are a few Superman comics I want to buy in the future - I know Superman: Grounded is gonna be one of them.

I probably will read it but im so behind on the Avengers. I just can't get into that book i might have to drop it.

And it feels like forever, but Saga is back this week.

Anyone reading "Infinity"? I want to read it, but I think I'll wait till the whole story gets published into one book. Which reminds me, there are a few Superman comics I want to buy in the future - I know Superman: Grounded is gonna be one of them.

I probably will read it but im so behind on the Avengers. I just can't get into that book i might have to drop it.

And it feels like forever, but Saga is back this week.

You wouldn't be the only one dropping it.

Apparently Miles Morales might become the regular 616 Earth Spider-man since the Ultimates universe might be coming to a end. I haven't read Superior Spider-man since Peter was completely taken out of his body so i see this as a great thing especially since Miles is a fantastic Spidey.

Archived