Comic Discussion

Lunchbox

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Which Secret Invasion trade should I buy? Who Do You Trust or The Infiltration? The Avengers EMH series is doing this on TV right now so I'd thought I should read the book.

Neither. Who Do You Trust was a promotional thing. It may have one or two one-shots then a small encylopedia with several known Skrulls' bios. Infiltration has the issues of the Skrulls being revealed leading up to Secret Invasion. The only real trades important to Secret Invasion are the trades from the Mighty Avengers and the New Avengers and the Secret Invasion main trade.

Earth 2 was surprisingly really good. I didn't buy it thought because I was afraid of what'll be. I might pick up a copy one day.

Why? James Robinson is a great writer (minus his JL stuff [which was editorially mandated] and the last part of his Superman stuff [which was rushed]).

AvX is aweful. The tieins at least are ok.

The GL Annual intrigues me.

Which Secret Invasion trade should I buy? Who Do You Trust or The Infiltration? The Avengers EMH series is doing this on TV right now so I'd thought I should read the book.

Neither. Who Do You Trust was a promotional thing. It may have one or two one-shots then a small encylopedia with several known Skrulls' bios. Infiltration has the issues of the Skrulls being revealed leading up to Secret Invasion. The only real trades important to Secret Invasion are the trades from the Mighty Avengers and the New Avengers and the Secret Invasion main trade.

Earth 2 was surprisingly really good. I didn't buy it thought because I was afraid of what'll be. I might pick up a copy one day.

Why? James Robinson is a great writer (minus his JL stuff [which was editorially mandated] and the last part of his Superman stuff [which was rushed]).

AvX is aweful. The tieins at least are ok.

The GL Annual intrigues me.

Alright, I just said those two because the names seemed like something important. I didn't see the main trade but I'll look again.

Bro you serious? Also, some tie-ins conflict with each other too. AvX VS is the only tie-in I like.

For those who actually like the story...

I saw a few theories saying Hope will bring back Jean. I'm pretty sure everyone expects Jean to come back by the end of the story...

Is anyone else excited for Bendis and Spider-Men?

zZfMy.jpg

Rereading them im feeling the AvX is really rushed. Four issues in and Phoenix is already at the moon. Im still enjoying them.

Im two issues back on Green Lantern Corps but im wondering if they are going to use the new Green Lantern to replace Jon Stewart or maybe Hal Jordan never becomes a proper Lantern again and who ever the new Lantern is will replace him.

I also hate the fact that im going to have to get Superman Annual to get the info on the new Lantern.

EDIT: Apparently there was a picture of him in the Free Comic Book day comic and he looks pretty badass.

Bro you serious? Also, some tie-ins conflict with each other too. AvX VS is the only tie-in I like.

Yes, the main storyline is shit. It has continuity and characterization thrown out the window. Vs is even worse. Its like bad fanfic.

Speaking of the Phoenix Force at the moon, how does everyone breathe there?

It is only in a specific place on the Moon, "the Blue Area of the Moon". The Krees or Skrulls artifically created an atmosphere for some reason.

Yes, the main storyline is shit. It has continuity and characterization thrown out the window. Vs is even worse. Its like bad fanfic.

Speaking of the Phoenix Force at the moon, how does everyone breathe there?

It is only in a specific place on the Moon, "the Blue Area of the Moon". The Krees or Skrulls artifically created an atmosphere for some reason.

It says at the beginning "Looking for good storylines? Don't come here."

Btw, thanks for that. Never knew Skrull/Kree were at the moon.

You guys should use the Marvel AR App on AvX, it's pretty *censored*ing awesome.

Read the first few issues of Animal Man after the reboot and thought it was meh plus I hated the art style so I stoppped reading it.

That's worse than Buddha killing baby kittens.

I think the Dark line in DC has some of the best books of DC. Personally I'd say Demon Knights is the best, but I think Animal Man, Frankenstein, Swamp Thing are really great. I stopped reading I, Vampire after the first couple of issues, though I may catch up with it as I've heard it has became pretty good.

Meh, not a fan of any of the Dark line, hell, I'm not really a fan of DC or supernatural stuff so the combination of them turns me off. I've narrowed my 52 to basically just the titles of the more 'mainstream' superheroes however that's been on hold because I've been reading every Amazing Spider-Man since Civil War to now and I've just finished (and it was extremely pleasant).

I don't know, I'm liking Ends of the Earth, Spider-Island was decent but I didn't like the concept itself but hey, I got a good laugh out of the nude scene. Slott's writing has been extremely solid, he's definitely one of my favourite writers for Spider-Man and I love how Peter is working for Horizon and how he's getting more technological. That's partially why I like Ends of The Earth, half of it is just how awesome his suit is. However, I feel like the Sinister Six can never be used against Spider-Man now that he pretty much knows how to counter them all (especially Sandman)

Archived