Comic Discussion

Lunchbox

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, that.

But isn't Johnny back now? I know he's not the Johnny that we knew and loved but what's the deal with that?

Wait, what? He's back? Writers should really learn how to kill a character. It's kind of stupid now to see all the dead heroes coming back alive.

Jean Grey.

The ever reliable lads over at Bleeding Cool have learned of a big event that DC Comics are planning for 2013 called "The Trinity War". It's believed that this refers to DC's trinity of superheroes, Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman. There are literally no other details as of right now, but it's fair to assume that this event might see either the trio taking on each other or the rest of the DC Universe. With sales dropping slightly since "The New 52" was launched in September and Marvel grabbing headlines with titles like Avengers Vs. X-Men and Spider-Men, something like this would be the perfect way of putting DC Comics back in the spotlight.

Please don't do Civil War [Would not work with DC heroes] and please don't rehash Kingdom Come/Public Enemies.

Oh my god, I cringed reading that. I was kind of hoping DC would establish the new universe a bit more before a new event comes and pisses on the status quo. I guess I am being a negative nancy because I personally am opposed to the idea that we need a big event every year. DC has more than competent writers that can pull off a decent event, but a fight between Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman? If that is really what this turns out to be will take A LOT of work to be good.

On a lighter note for event comics, Batman #8 just came out and I am picking it up on Friday. I am pretty excited for the Night of Owls self contained events usually work a lot better then big events that affect every book. Anyone read this?

There's more information out.

“The Trinity War has probably something to do with the Trinity of Evil which gets introduced in DC’s FCBD comic. Pandora is one of the Trinity.”

“It appears to be the 3 original sinners, of which Pandora has already been disclosed. Let me just say that the identities of the other 2 will surprise and amaze you.”

“I read the FCBD issue from DC last night. Trinity War probably has to do with the three sinners of the DC New. One is Pandora, the other is the [REDACTED], and weirdly the last one is the [REDACTED]. That’s right. [REDACTED] is somehow magic based now. Also, they are punished by the seven gods who gave Shazam his power.”

“In it, there is a group referred to as the “Trinity of Sin.” This group includes Pandora,[REDACTED], and [REDACTED] (I have no idea why). The Rock of Eternity, a council of powerful wizards (thanks, Geoff Johns), sentences them to [REDACTED]. This may have something do with DC’s Trinity War, but I’m not sure. Maybe Pandora, [REDACTED], and [REDACTED] versus Wonder Woman, Superman, and Batman? Who knows?”

Those blasted redacteds are at it again!!!

Any guesses towards the sinners? Maybe Brainic? Luthor? Darkseid?

The ever reliable lads over at Bleeding Cool have learned of a big event that DC Comics are planning for 2013 called "The Trinity War". It's believed that this refers to DC's trinity of superheroes, Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman. There are literally no other details as of right now, but it's fair to assume that this event might see either the trio taking on each other or the rest of the DC Universe. With sales dropping slightly since "The New 52" was launched in September and Marvel grabbing headlines with titles like Avengers Vs. X-Men and Spider-Men, something like this would be the perfect way of putting DC Comics back in the spotlight.

Please don't do Civil War [Would not work with DC heroes] and please don't rehash Kingdom Come/Public Enemies.

Oh my god, I cringed reading that. I was kind of hoping DC would establish the new universe a bit more before a new event comes and pisses on the status quo. I guess I am being a negative nancy because I personally am opposed to the idea that we need a big event every year. DC has more than competent writers that can pull off a decent event, but a fight between Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman? If that is really what this turns out to be will take A LOT of work to be good.

On a lighter note for event comics, Batman #8 just came out and I am picking it up on Friday. I am pretty excited for the Night of Owls self contained events usually work a lot better then big events that affect every book. Anyone read this?

Snyder is really killing it. Such a great storyline.

Yeah, that.

But isn't Johnny back now? I know he's not the Johnny that we knew and loved but what's the deal with that?

Wait, what? He's back? Writers should really learn how to kill a character. It's kind of stupid now to see all the dead heroes coming back alive.

Jean Grey.

Comic Books.

Might go back to get some stuffed I missed. Wasn't sure if there was a limit or not.

I bought AvX3 because it was so good, I wanted to buy all 3 issues but 1 was out and they only have a variant for 2 which was 25$.

Is anyone here a moon knight reader? I just wondered if I was the only one

I started reading the 2006-2009 run of it a little while ago and really like it so far.

Has anyone tried the Marvel AR app? It's pretty cool. Incase you're wondering why there are AR logos under your Marvel panels and stuff, it's because you scan those panels with your iPhone or Android with the Marvel AP app and it unlocks exclusive content on it like Motion comic recaps, sketches, interviews, information, etc.

Works awesomely with AvX3.

How has Iceman been said to have been an Omega level mutant for this long and still have done nothing that's really omega level yet? Pretty disappointing..

Writers really seem to not give a shit about him, unfortunately.

Archived