Comic Discussion

Lunchbox

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Yeah, the female Thor business is stupid to me. I'd be fine if they planned on calling her something else...but she isn't Thor. Thor is the SON of Odin. To have a female in possession of Mjolnir is one thing. But she can't be called Thor...it doesn't make sense. It's not like Green Lantern. Thor is the man's name...not just a moniker.

Saw that the upcoming cover for Thunderbolts suggests that they all die.

Serious question though...(as serious as a comic related question can be)...if Red Hulk died, wouldn't he turn back into Ross? I realize that the cover shows his hand as Hulk for dramatic effect (and so you can tell who it is)...but it's not very accurate.

So...Spiderman is black/hispanic, Captain America is black, The Human Torch is black, Hulk is gay and Thor is a Disney princess? I'm not a bigot, but I'm tired of these changes. If you want to represent a certain minority, make a new character...don't change a pre-existing one.

I specifically hope the Hulk thing is bullshit. I have nothing against the gay community, but I will certainly never be able to look at Hulk the same again. That entire franchise will just be ruined for me. Take that as you will. I don't care how much flak I'll get for saying that.

So...Spiderman is black/hispanic, Captain America is black, The Human Torch is black, Hulk is gay and Thor is a Disney princess? I'm not a bigot, but I'm tired of these changes. If you want to represent a certain minority, make a new character...don't change a pre-existing one.

I specifically hope the Hulk thing is bullshit. I have nothing against the gay community, but I will certainly never be able to look at Hulk the same again. That entire franchise will just be ruined for me. Take that as you will. I don't care how much flak I'll get for saying that.

To be fair Spider-man is black in a totally diffrent universe.

Also to be fair, this is far from the first time comic book characters have been changed gender, race, and/or species. Marvel and DC both had some series of comics in the past called Marvel Apes and JLApes where the characters were, yup you guessed it, apes. And then there is Manga Marvel that made Capt and Iron Man into girls.

If y'all go to Barnes and Nobles today, y'all can get a free edition 75th anniversary collector's issue featuring the original Batman story (issue #27) and Brad Meltzer's re-imagined story of Batman's origins (#27 New 52 series). Saw this yesterday in the store. Sucks there's not one near me

Archived