Comic Discussion

Lunchbox

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe so, but there's just too many titles for me to pay attention to. I really haven't paid much attention to them since the Avengers vs X-Men storyline.

Which reminds me...has anyone been paying much attention to Cataclysm and/or Inhumanity?

Bought Deadpool #27 today, purely because he gets married in the issue. Kinda random, seeing as how he was doing something completely different in issue #26. I also bought Captain America: Winter Soldier as well. Will probably read that in the weekend, or whenever I have some spare time.

How does he only have 3 months to live? I take it that it's coz of the "Killable" storyline where he had no healing factor?

Ok so I've just seen the cover of Justice League United, and I see that Supergirl is on the cover. Now if I recall, isn't she now part of the Red Lanterns? Coz the cover has her in her New 52 attire.

Happy Free Comic Book Day everyone. I ended up buying Harley Quinn #3 and #4, Blackest Night, and the titles I got for free were:

-Guardians Of The Galaxy

-Rocket Raccoon #1

-Future's End #0

Future's End sounds rather promising.

I got nothing on FCBD, because I don't have any comic stores near me.

Anyway, I have a question for everyone. When it comes to characters, do you prefer mutants, or non-mutants? I tend to gravitate towards the people who either have no powers at all, or obtain their powers through alternative means. Punisher, Ghost Rider, Spawn, Venom, etc. Don't get me wrong, I like my share of mutants as well...but when it comes to mutants, I still like the more believable ones...like Wolverine. Advanced healing, heightened senses and bone claws. That's all he started out with. I can dig that. When you've got a guy like Cyclops, who I'm supposed to believe evolved to shoot energy beams from his eyes (why would someone ever evolve to do that?), things start to get kinda hokey.

I'm definitely with the latter. A lot of my favourite comic characters (Marvel and DC, hero and villain) were created, not born with powers. I think it's why I like Spiderman's rogue gallery more than any other collection of villains (except for maybe Batman's rogue gallery) - because the majority of them, like Spiderman, either got their powers from gadgets or got them by other means.

For the record, I used to love Cyclops as a kid in the animated series. But then I grew up and realized how one-dimensional and boring he is.

Im more for people who get there powers through other means because it keeps them humanized and keeps me intrested. Batman is human so there is the legit threat that he could be killed or badly hurt at any moment. It would never happen but a simple everyday thug can shoot Batman and hes done. Superman on the other hand is pretty much unbeatable. 90% of the time he doesn't win because he holds back then he unleashes.

Right now there's only one bust I want to get, and that's Harley Quinn in her Suicide Squad attire. Limited to 2500. It'd go nicely with my DC Universe Online statue of her. Though hopefully once volume 1 of her New 52 comic comes out, they'll start releasing statues/figures/busts/etc of the New 52 version.

Also, I saw on eBay that there's gonna be an issue or 2 of Harley Quinn where she's at the San Diego Comic-Con trying to get her comic published, or something like that.

I sit on eBay all day and browse through statues and busts that I want, but I can't justify spending hundreds of dollars on them.

When the Armageddon Expo was here in Christchurch I saw 3 statues of Harley Quinn that I wanted to get. One was sold almost straight away, and the 2nd (from the Bombshells Collection) was sold later on in the day. When I saw the DC Universe Online statue I had to buy it. Ok so it cost me $150, but I haven't seen it anywhere else online.

Also, since I'm unable to get Harley Quinn #1 or #2, I'm gonna have to use eBay to get them. Man, I love some of the variant covers. The Robot Chicken variant for issue #4 looks pretty sweet. Hate the MAD variant for issue #5 or 6 though.

Curious if the Superior Spider-Man series was any good. I wanted to check it out, but Amazon only has volume 5 available right now volumes 1 - 4 are like 2-4 weeks shipping. They have volume 1 on Kindle which I have, but I feel like this is one of those books I would want a physical copy of not digital. Barnes and Noble seem to have all 5 available at a good price so I was wondering if the story is worth picking up when I get paid. I might stop by my local book store on pay day too, but they are not real good with keeping things up to date. It takes them forever to get stuff in.

Curious if the Superior Spider-Man series was any good. I wanted to check it out, but Amazon only has volume 5 available right now volumes 1 - 4 are like 2-4 weeks shipping. They have volume 1 on Kindle which I have, but I feel like this is one of those books I would want a physical copy of not digital. Barnes and Noble seem to have all 5 available at a good price so I was wondering if the story is worth picking up when I get paid. I might stop by my local book store on pay day too, but they are not real good with keeping things up to date. It takes them forever to get stuff in.

Its pretty good if your looking for a more violent/intellegent Spider-man. If you are looking for the witty Spider-man avoid at all costs.

Check out a website called instocktrades. They have the regular trades for $10 each.

After weeks of waiting, I finally got my hands on issue #33 of the Marvel Graphic Novels Collection - Spiderman: Blue. I can now add that to the list of the ones that I've got from that collection (in order of when I bought them):

-Amazing Spiderman: Coming Home

-Amazing Spiderman: Birth Of Venom

-Amazing Spiderman: Kraven's Last Hunt

-New X-Men: E Is For Extinction

-She-Hulk: Single Green Female

-Ultimate Spiderman: Power and Responsibility

-Iron Man: Demon In A Bottle

-Marvels

-Captain America: Winter Soldier

-Spiderman: Blue

Next on the list for me will be House Of M, followed by Civil War. Might pick up Planet Hulk part 1 and 2 somewhere along the line as well.

Archived