Comic Discussion

Lunchbox

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bought 3 more titles for Villain's Month - Deathstroke, R'as Al Ghul & The League Of Assassins, and The Rogues. Actually surprised that yet another Batman title was in store for me to get (first being Court Of Owls).

I'm still waiting for the following to be released over here - Doomsday, Bane, Killer Croc, Joker's Daughter, Lex Luthor, and a few others.

I would assume they would, they did a huge omnibus with all the New 52 #1 issues. I wouldn't mind that either, the only thing im getting from Villians Month are the Forever Evil issues. There were just way to many comics out for me to want to spend the money on.

Matt Fraction is off of Fantastic Four and FF. I was enjoying the shit out of FF. I guess as long as hes on Hawkeye I can't complain.

I hope they do bring out a compilation of all the Villain's Month titles. I know you can get all 52 of the on the Midtown Comics website (all with 3D covers) for $199. But I have no intention of getting that.

While I look forward to Forever Evil, I also look forward to Forever Evil: Arkham Wars. It's pretty much the inmates of Arkham vs the inmates of Blackgate, with Bane seen as the "hero". Issue #3 sees him face off against Killer Croc.

Bought 2 more issues with 3D covers today - Killer Croc and Doomsday. Also managed to get the 2D covers of Harley Quinn and Riddler. So now I got 3 of the 4 Batman & Robin titles that were taken over by Batman villains. I got the Court of Owls, R'as Al Ghul and Killer Croc, I'm just missing Two-Face.

• 2 weeks later...

Villain's Month was.. alright, I guess. I only enjoyed a handfull of those issues. Looking forward to seeing where else Forever Evil goes though. I enjoyed Arkham War #1 and Superman/Wonder Woman took me by surprise. I didn't expect to enjoy it as much as I did. Really want Superman Unchained #4 though..

In other news, things are getting pretty heated in The Walking Dead.

Also, Hack/Slash is awesome.

Villain's Month was.. alright, I guess. I only enjoyed a handfull of those issues. Looking forward to seeing where else Forever Evil goes though. I enjoyed Arkham War #1 and Superman/Wonder Woman took me by surprise. I didn't expect to enjoy it as much as I did. Really want Superman Unchained #4 though..

In other news, things are getting pretty heated in The Walking Dead.

Also, Hack/Slash is awesome.

I have to agree but to be fair that's usually the case with big crossovers, there's always a fair few stinkers.

As for Forever Evil I haven't been blown away thus far, I've kinda seen it all before with Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths.

I agree. Some of the Villain's Month titles that I bought were great, but some were just average. And then there were a few that just weren't good at all. I was actually disappointed with Doomsday and Zod, but I was very pleased with Killer Croc and Killer Frost.

The local comic book store just got in volume 1 of a few of the New 52 comics on paperback, so I might end up getting one or 2. Probably gonna go with Catwoman and Huntress/Power Girl, as well as Batman.

Went to the comic book store today, and ended up walking out with Bane #1, Mr Freeze #1, Poison Ivy #1, and Riddler #1. Wasn't till I left that I remembered that I already had Riddler #1.

While I was there I also saw Joker: Death Of The Family. Was so tempted to buy it, but I had to save my money. So hopefully it'll be there next week.

Went to the comic book store today, and ended up walking out with Bane #1, Mr Freeze #1, Poison Ivy #1, and Riddler #1. Wasn't till I left that I remembered that I already had Riddler #1.

While I was there I also saw Joker: Death Of The Family. Was so tempted to buy it, but I had to save my money. So hopefully it'll be there next week.

Bought that as soon as I saw it, I've already read the main Batman arc but I couldn't resist it being such a Joker mark.

However I find it annoying that they didn't include the Batman issues (only #17 in the HC), I'd of liked to have had the complete crossover. I have the single Batman issues so I ain't that pissed but for someone else who buys it wanting the complete story is going to be a tad disappointed

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived