Comic Discussion

Lunchbox

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I do not know why, but I am starting to get interested in The Flash can anyone recommend any good Flash graphic novels. I have Rebirth. I would also prefer Barry Allen as Flash, but will accept Wally and Bart as well.

Dude! Flash is my favorite DC character...

I'd recommend :

Flash: Rebirth by Geoff Johns

Flash: The Secret of Barry Allen by Geoff Johns (To really understand it, however, you need to read Identity Crisis; which ties into it. If you haven't read Identity Crisis... stop what you are doing, go out and get it now. It is one of the most emotional and well told DC stories ever written)

Flash: Terminal Velocity

Those are all great reads... Two deal with Wally West, but tie in with Barry Allen perfectly.

I'm in love with the New 52 Flash series... You could check out that current run. Both graphic novels should be out shortly.

I do not know why, but I am starting to get interested in The Flash can anyone recommend any good Flash graphic novels. I have Rebirth. I would also prefer Barry Allen as Flash, but will accept Wally and Bart as well.

Dude! Flash is my favorite DC character...

I'd recommend :

Flash: Rebirth by Geoff Johns

Flash: The Secret of Barry Allen by Geoff Johns (To really understand it, however, you need to read Identity Crisis; which ties into it. If you haven't read Identity Crisis... stop what you are doing, go out and get it now. It is one of the most emotional and well told DC stories ever written)

Flash: Terminal Velocity

Those are all great reads... Two deal with Wally West, but tie in with Barry Allen perfectly.

I'm in love with the New 52 Flash series... You could check out that current run. Both graphic novels should be out shortly.

I already have Rebirth and loved it. Thanks for the recommendations I will look into them. I just bought a copy of the first Justice League graphic novel after the start of New 52 so I have something to read tomorrow and I get paid Friday so I will likely use that to get me some Flash and Green Lantern.

I wasn't a big fan of The Wrath of The First Lantern but the wrapup in GL#20 was pretty epic and well written. I have no idea how this book will feel now that Johns is off if it.

The best part of the last book with the final diagoulge between Sinestro and Hal. There are many ways they could have ended that but it really felt perfect. Admitting that throughout all they went through they were still at the core friends and no matter how much Sinestro hated Hal, Hal always just wanted to save him because he was the best Green Latnern he ever knew dispite what everyone else said about him.

What about the Scarlet Spider, or whatever it's called?

Haven't read it. Are they doing a issue or two together coming up. SSM and SS that is.

Not sure, but Kaine is the Scarlet Spider. The tagline is "All of the powers. None of the responsibility".

http://marvel.com/comics/series/15298/scarlet_spider_2011_-_2012?limit=12&byType=comic_series&byId=15298&byZone=marvel_site_zone&offset=0&imageVariant=portraitFantastic&orderBy=release_date+desc&totalcount=12

Read a handful of stuff this weekend. The Flash: Move Forward was okay. Superman: Last Son I enjoyed the storyline, but did not care for the art. Surprised that the two volumes of Aquaman after the New 52 were so good. Loved how instead of trying to make him a super BA and not acknowledge the way people view the character they acknowledged and have the character sort of trying to shake the stigma despite people treating him like a second or third class hero. I also have second volume of Justice League and the first volume of Teen Titans after new 52 plus Superman: Brainiac to read. I am sort of debating on if I want to get Batman: No Man's Land or not.

Read a handful of stuff this weekend. The Flash: Move Forward was okay. Superman: Last Son I enjoyed the storyline, but did not care for the art. Surprised that the two volumes of Aquaman after the New 52 were so good. Loved how instead of trying to make him a super BA and not acknowledge the way people view the character they acknowledged and have the character sort of trying to shake the stigma despite people treating him like a second or third class hero. I also have second volume of Justice League and the first volume of Teen Titans after new 52 plus Superman: Brainiac to read. I am sort of debating on if I want to get Batman: No Man's Land or not.

I would suggest it, there are a few terrible stories in it such as Catwoman and Azerael but the overall story is great imo. I love big reads.

Yeah I'd go for it as well. I recently bought volume 1 of No Man's Land, and I think it's been great so far. The volumes I'm going after are larger in size, as they've shrunk the 5 volumes down to 4.

Waiting till they release volume 3 of the new Batman comics, so I can read Death Of The Family all in one sitting.

I'm looking to get into some outside the box DC stuff. And by that I mean not connected to the Justice League members.

I was considering All-Star Western, Earth 2, maybe Blue Beetle (even though it got cancelled). Any suggestions?

I'm looking to get into some outside the box DC stuff. And by that I mean not connected to the Justice League members.

I was considering All-Star Western, Earth 2, maybe Blue Beetle (even though it got cancelled). Any suggestions?

Animal Man is really bizzare but really good. And its sorta not related to the Justice League but if you read The Court Of Owls Batman storyline Talon is great probably one of my favorite DC comics out now.

Jonah Hex?

Animal Man

Age of Ultron wasn't too great. The ending was pretty anti-climatic also pretty much a advertisement for other books. No joke there were three panels for future events and on the very next page there were advertisements for said events.

I just heard that Agent Orange aka Larfleeze got his own series recently. I really liked the character he was one of my favorites on the run up to Blackest Night. Has anyone had the chance to check the series out?

Got that baby pre-ordered at Forbidden Planet, should be getting it soon. I agree Larfleeze is one of my favorites too, I hope the delve deeper into his character with this series. Also my god, GL #20 was a great ending for Geoff Johns, alot was wrapped up nicely.

Age of Ultron wasn't too great. The ending was pretty anti-climatic also pretty much a advertisement for other books. No joke there were three panels for future events and on the very next page there were advertisements for said events.

Thats what I was expecting from it so I'm glad I didn't buy it tbh, seems to be the norm with Marvel events.

Just got Saga Vol. 2. Haven't read it yet. Might save it for Thursday when I have about an hour to kill at work, or I might just break down and read it before then.

Sooooo good.

I read the first issue of Juipter's Legacy yesterday and I enjoyed it very much. I got the first three issues of East of West to go through tomorrow at work. I also finished the last few issues of Winter Solider and i enjoyed it and while Jason Latour's overall run was better i enjoyed Brubaker's last story arc and issue a lot more. Brubaker's last issue is still heartbreaking.

Archived