Lunchbox

Captain America: Winter Solider

Astonishing X-Men: Gifted

The Amazing Spider-Man: Kraven's Last Hunt

Spider-Man: Blue

Fallen Son: Death of Captain America

Wolverine: Old Man Logan

What's Spiderman: Blue about?

Its a great story that has Peter Parker talking to Gwen Stacy (Who is dead) on a tape recorder on Valentines Day. He basically tells the story about how they fell in love. It recounts what happened in early Spider-man issues and how he was ruined until Mary Jane taught him out to love again. Its written by Jeph Loeb and is just really a emotional read.

There are also three other books in the series with different people as the title, you got Daredevil: Yellow, Hulk: Gray, and Captain America: White which i think hasn't been released yet.

Sounds like a great read. Sucks that I gotta wait till issue #33 to get it. I'm also gonna get Iron Man: Demon In A Bottle. I'm sure a lot of the comics on the list are great, but would there be any I should skip?

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If only I had the money for all the books in the collection. I'll be able to get some, but not all (at least not right now). Right now, the ones that are on my list of definite buys are:

-Amazing Spiderman: Kraven's Last Hunt

-Secret War

-Avengers: Disassembled

-New X-Men: E Is For Extinction

-Avengers Forever (Part 1 & 2)

-She-Hulk: Single Green Female

-The Incredible Hulk: Planet Hulk (Part 1 & 2)

Actually, when I go down the list, there's more and more that I want to get.

I'm just looking forward to some of the creative changes over at DC. Mainly Suicide Squad, Red Lanterns, Green Lantern etc, hopefully see an improvement in quality that has been lacking in most issues (I'm looking at you Red Lantern).

I've been reading Aquaman and Justice League (New 52) trying to catch up and I gotta say, I'm loving it, especially the backup Shazam issues...

Anyways, how do you guys feel about Snyder doing Zero Year for Batman

I'm just looking forward to some of the creative changes over at DC. Mainly Suicide Squad, Red Lanterns, Green Lantern etc, hopefully see an improvement in quality that has been lacking in most issues (I'm looking at you Red Lantern).

I've been reading Aquaman and Justice League (New 52) trying to catch up and I gotta say, I'm loving it, especially the backup Shazam issues...

Im pretty much psyced for anything Snyder does, is the Riddler going to be the main villian for this? If there even is a real villian.

And yes! The Shazam backups are excellent. Im hoping it leads to a monthly standalone book. I know there is a collected edition of the backup's coming out.

So I just started reading comic's (not to many places I can go to get comics, closes being 40 miles away). Anyway currently reading the injustice comics, I don't like how they killed nightwing, I felt the latest issue was a tad boring but knew that would be the plot. Still good

I forgot to mention that Nightwing got Million Dollar Baby'd. I did like Bruce's reaction to him dying though. Totally unexpected. Like i said Injustice is readable, but its really been up and down.

Im pretty much psyced for anything Snyder does, is the Riddler going to be the main villian for this? If there even is a real villian.

There have been rumours of Riddler, yes. Also, Harvey Dent is in it, I believe as district attorney (may see his transformation into Two-Face). I'm also hoping to see an early Joker in this....

-Secret War

Secret War is among Bendis' worst works. The "secret war" plot was interesting, but he failed in the execution. Avengers Disassembled is a mess and another one of Bendis' worst works. It was convoluted and killed and destroyed several characters needlessly. Avengers Forever isn't bad, but it's too convoluted. It is not the most new reader friendly.

Tempted to pick up a Power Girl comic soon. I saw one that her on the cover with Huntress I think, as well as female versions of other heroes (like Robin).

The nu 52 version of PG is a pale imitation of her former self. I have read some of the Word's Finest Issues (the team-up book with Huntress), and while I wouldn't say they're terrible, they don't hold a candle to her appearances in the pre nu 52 universe.

-Secret War

Secret War is among Bendis' worst works. The "secret war" plot was interesting, but he failed in the execution. Avengers Disassembled is a mess and another one of Bendis' worst works. It was convoluted and killed and destroyed several characters needlessly. Avengers Forever isn't bad, but it's too convoluted. It is not the most new reader friendly.

What about "Marvel Super Heroes: Secret Wars"? Because I checked the list, and I saw 3 titles - Secret War, and Marvel Super Heroes: Secret Wars (Part 1 & 2). I posted the link before, but I'd like to get your opinion on which of the titles I should get:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Official_Marvel_Graphic_Novel_Collection

I can't get them all though because I'm also trying to save up for other things.

What about "Marvel Super Heroes: Secret Wars"? Because I checked the list, and I saw 3 titles - Secret War, and Marvel Super Heroes: Secret Wars (Part 1 & 2). I posted the link before, but I'd like to get your opinion on which of the titles I should get:

Based on the quality of the stories and how accessible they are to new readers, I'd choose these 10:

Iron Man Extremis

Captain America Winter Soldier

The Incredible Hulk: Planet Hulk (Part 1 & 2)

Punisher Welcome Back Frank (Part 1 & 2)

She-Hulk: Single Green Female

House of M

Secret Invasion

Thor Reborn

Pre 2000 books worth getting are Marvels, Kraven's Last Hunt, Dark Phoenix, Demon in a Bottle, Spider-Man Blue, and the Last Viking.

Thinking of getting the first two volumes of Green Lantern after the start of the new 52. I think they are Sinestro and Return of the Black Hand or something to that effect. Anyone want to go yay or nay on if that was a good idea.

I haven't gotten to read Vol 2 yet, but I got Vol 1 a little while ago and I really enjoyed it.

Based on the quality of the stories and how accessible they are to new readers, I'd choose these 10:

Iron Man Extremis

Captain America Winter Soldier

The Incredible Hulk: Planet Hulk (Part 1 & 2)

Punisher Welcome Back Frank (Part 1 & 2)

She-Hulk: Single Green Female

House of M

Secret Invasion

Thor Reborn

Pre 2000 books worth getting are Marvels, Kraven's Last Hunt, Dark Phoenix, Demon in a Bottle, Spider-Man Blue, and the Last Viking.

I crossed out Iron Man Extremis, as I missed out on that one, and there's only one place that still sells it, but I'm not sure if it's $24.99 like the others are, or if they're charging more. As for the Captain America: Winter Soldier title, that's the most recent release over here. And the ones in bold were titles that I was already going to get (y'all convinced me to get Spiderman: Blue).

Archived