Comic Discussion

Lunchbox

^ Its a giant cluster f**k imo, story is cut up and chucked together in different tpb, you can get the general story from Blackest Night, but could also delve a little deeper by reading Blackest Night: Green Lantern, Blackest Night: Green Lantern Corps etc...

I do believe there is a 'absolute' edition of it being released, that may be better although i'm not sure.

However, the story is good and worth reading, its rewarding to see everything pull together as the storyline was hinted at for a long time in GL.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- Wrath of the First Lantern hasn't been the big send off for Johns that I was hoping for, its just been 'what if' issues, which aren't terrible but I was expecting more. Hoping they pull off some major sh** in the later issues.

- Finished 'No Mans Land' and I gotta say, I loved it. a few issues were boring (Catwoman, Azrael) but over all, a brilliant story.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So in Age of Ultron Spider-man is Peter Parker, but in the last issue of Superior Spider-Man he is Doc Oct set in the same time period. Ugh, just ugh.

Ive been reading alot of stuff at work Fear Itself was good but the ending felt so rushed. Criminal volume 4 was so great. It probably was my favorite of the entire series so far. I also go to Volume 8 of the Walking Dead which was great aswell.

^ What the hell is happening with Spider-man? I haven't been following it, but it seems peculiar...

Also, Age of Ultron any good? I couldn't bring myself to get it after the lackluster AvX

^ What the hell is happening with Spider-man? I haven't been following it, but it seems peculiar...

Also, Age of Ultron any good? I couldn't bring myself to get it after the lackluster AvX

Age of Ultron is written by Bendis so its good so far as opposed to AvX which was written by everyone.

And in Spider-Man 700 Doc Ock took over Parkers body and vowed to be a Superior Spider-Man but Parker is still there as sort of a ghost trying to figure out how to take his body back. People are now starting to realized that something isn't right after Oct as Spider-man shoots and kills Massacre. At this point im only reading for the eventual part where Parker takes his body back. The book has no charm at all. The concept is interesting but as the main Spidey book i hate it.

I don't know if any of you have checked out East to West (by Image), but I really like the premise and artwork.

Requim (the death of Damian Wayne) is frustrating on many levels for me:

1) He was growing into an interesting character and his death seems forced.

2) The Batman titles just had "Death of the Family" crossover where no one died and then they kill Damian about a month later?

3) While his death was heroic, I still don't see how Leviathan is the type of villan that deserves that type of comic moment. His history isn't appealing to me and the title hasn't done a proper build up for full dramatic effect.

Aquaman is still a kick-ass title for those of you not checking it out.The Throne of Atlantis was a damn fine a story and the aftermath seems equally compelling.

I can see that, but then they all seem to be coming back together with the death of Damian.

The most recent Red Hood issue really cements Bruce and Jason reconciling.

Nightwing and Bruce are strained, but I think that has more to do with the circus disolving and his personal life being in shambles.

The fact that Bruce has let Alfred go on vacation is significant, but we'll have to see how that plays out.

I do, im doing it by the novels though. I just finished up Volume 9 today might go pick up the next two tomorrow.

BTW Midtown Comics in NY got the first twenty issues of the Walking Dead #1-#20 first printing. The first issue is worth $1000 and everything else ranges from about $800 to $60.

^ I remember seeing that, Its an awesome cover

Do you know what's going on? Coz I'd like to know as to why they got that cover. Also, what does everyone think of DC sexualizing Starfire? I always thought Starfire was pretty hot, so I'm all for it.

tumblrml2bl9dhwa1qhrr1q.jpg

Another amazing Kate Bishop issue. In general this issue is great. Fraction makes Clint probably the most relateable person ever.

Also, anyone know if Age Of Ultron is canon? SSM spoilers ahead!

So in the Age of Ultron main book Spider-man is regular Peter Parker but in Superior Spider-Man he is Doc Ock Parker. But with the way Superior Spider-Man is going it looks like Parker will soon back back to being himself. ITS ALL SO CONFUSING, *Censored* YOU DAN SLOTT.

Starfire is ok as a character now... Sort of eye candy for the Red Hood title, but I'm hoping it will develope into something a little more meaningful.

Give it time and I reckon it will. I've always liked Starfire (she's one of my top 5 female characters).

I may be a little late to the party, but I just finished all of the Death of the Family issues of Batman, and I am blown away by it. Scott Snyder's Joker is possibly the best I think I've seen. The bridge scene in issues 14 and 15, and all of issue 16 are some of the best interactions I've read between Batman and the Joker. And while 17 may have been a bit empty, I'm happy with it, and love the imagery on the last page.

Read the first 75 issues of Walking Dead, gotta say I'm impressed by it. Prefer it to the TV show, I actually like Andrea in the comic.

Im on issue #55 and im loving it a hell of a lot more than the show. So much more stuff happens and the characters are way way deeper.

The parallel storylines between Uncanny X-Men and All-New X-Men are really great. The last two issues took a look at the same scene.

It's been a busy couple of weeks for me, but the good thing about overtime, means money, so these are all the purchases I've made since the start of the month.

- Winter Soldier vol 1-3
- Daredevil by Waid vol 3
- X-Men Omnibus vol 1 by Claremont and Lee
- Thor: God of Thunder vol 1
- Avengers vol 1 by Hickman
- Hawkeye vol 2 by Fraction
- The Might Thor Omnibus by Walter Simonson
- Hellblazer: All My Engines
- Punisher MAX vol 1-3 by Ennis
- Punisher MAX: Welcome Back Frank by Ennis

Gonna get a nice proper bookshelf for my birthday so all my trades can actually be put somewhere safely instead of in piles around my room.

Archived