Comic Discussion

Lunchbox

^ Good list, except I found Detective Comics to be terrible, considering how bad a writer Tony Daniels can be, I know there has been a creative change since then, so it may be better now.

And yes, Death of the Family has been great thus far.

Just finished 'No Mans Land vol 1', pretty impressive, ordered the rest yesterday.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not sure I agree with you about Detective.

I've liked how Emperor Penguin has been developed. It definitely stresses the crime aspect of Gotham. The upcoming League of Smiles looks like it has potential. It is, by far, one of the lesser Bat Titles, in my opinion, but I like the art better than Batman and Robin.

I've always been a Flash guy. I don't know if you keep up with it, but the Grodd storyline has been pretty cool.

^ I only read up to issue 7, the dollmaker arc and the penguin arc (I don't know if you are referring to that), but it just didnt hold my attention so I dropped it. May have a look back into it, as its been getting better review since the creative change.

How do you think the Death of the Family arc is going to end? I'm completely stumped, I wanna know what under that damn silver platter.. heh.

And no I haven't read it, I've always wanted to read Flash but know very little about him, same goes with Green Arrow. Its hard to get a hold of the earlier issues of the new 52 now.

The earlier Green Arrow new 52 issues aren't really worth reading. If you're interested in Green Arrow just pick up the latest issue (#17) and start from there, it has a new creative team and a new direction. The Flash however, has been good from the start so definitely worth picking up the trades.

Emporer Penguin was Cobblepot's assistant that wrested control of Penguin's orginization in his absence. The mafia-type story they are weaving appeals to me.

I'm terrified that Alfred's head is under that platter, but I it can't be. Bruce needs Alfred.... maybe Gordon?

Flash in the New 52 has not been exceptional, but he will always be my favorite DC hero. The title is solid, the art is unique and Barry Allen is just a guy I can relate to on a personal level. If you find Rebirth (an old Flash gn), Id recomend it.

Hawkman was canceled today. :( It was by no means a flagship title, but I liked the way it was going.

^ I haven't read Flash: Rebirth, but i'm going to order it soon, also just picked up Green Arrow #17, hoping its good.

Just picked up Batman Inc. #1 for 50p, well impressed.

I was also thinking that it would be Alfreds head, but I think that too obvious. Maybe it'll be someone else's face thats been cut off (Drake, Todd, Damien etc), but thats purely a guess.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, Geoff Johns is no longer writing Green Lantern after issue 20, soul destroying!

^ I'm not following Aquaman, but I've heard nothing but good things about it.

Also, I'll be checking out Geoff Johns 'Justice League of America' when it comes out, that is one of the reasons why he's no longer writing Green Lantern, he wanted to focus of JLA

Just read Batman #17, now I haven't followed much of the Death of the Family storyline but from what I have read I feel it was underwhelming

I'm almost not surprised to be honest, I though the Court of Owls finale was also very anti-climatic. I think part of it is due to DC feeling like each Snyder Batman story needs to be turned into an event.

I've asked this before, but my pull-list is dominated by Marvel, so I wanna add some DC titles.

My current DC titles are:

Green Lantern

Green Arrow

Talon

Red Hood and the Outlaws

I still collect Batman, but I fell behind when Death of the Family started because it sold out in my area. So, do you guys have any recommendations for any DC titles I should be reading?

I've asked this before, but my pull-list is dominated by Marvel, so I wanna add some DC titles.

My current DC titles are:

Green Lantern

Green Arrow

Talon

Red Hood and the Outlaws

I still collect Batman, but I fell behind when Death of the Family started because it sold out in my area. So, do you guys have any recommendations for any DC titles I should be reading?

I'd recommend:

- Animal Man, its been brilliant since #1

- Batman, its also been brilliant since #1

- Aqua Man, heard a lot of good things

Gotham Knight Returns is the one by Frank Miller isn't it? Anyone have a quick review?

Dark Knight Returns is by Frank Miller, the book is awesome and the animated movie is also awesome, if you're a batman fan its pretty much an essential read, you shouldn't be disappointed.

The Dark Knight Returns tells the story of a 55-year-old Bruce Wayne who comes out of retirement to fight crime, only to face opposition from the Gotham City police force and the United States government.

Gotham Knight Returns is the one by Frank Miller isn't it? Anyone have a quick review?

Dark Knight Returns and Year One are excellent but DON'T read anything else by Frank Miller as he has seemed to have gone insane

His Daredevil work is all worth a read, some killer stuff that Bendis and then Brubaker also killed on respectively.

Dark Knight Returns and Year One are excellent but DON'T read anything else by Frank Miller as he has seemed to have gone insane

Anything by Frank Miller before 2000 is worth a read. Ronin and Hard Boiled are two of his noteworthy works that are hardly ever mentioned, as is The Big Guy and Rusty The Boy Robot, which is unlike most Miller works.

Death of the Family was a good story, but the end was a tad disappointing. I was expecting...well, um...something more.

Not to say I didn't enjoy the build. I did. I just thought the ending would be more revealing and it almost was. If Bats would have just said it or if Joker would have finally revealed it.

Anyone reading Batman Inc? It might rival the main Batman title for best Batman book.

Been loving Morrison's run from the beginning. And yeah, definitely the best Batbook, its only real competition is Batman and Robin and Batwoman.

Archived