Comic Discussion

Lunchbox

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would watch for the trade, its really really really awesome so far but its taken so long to get the next issue.

Amazing Spider-Man #699 came out today. It felt a bit like filler, but got me pumped for the #700. Its a short arc but the ending is so up in the air its crazy. Hawkeye #5 was the first issue of the series i wasn't crazy about. It was good but not as great as the first four issues.

Going to order the first 2 volumes of Fatale soon.

Also waiting to read Animal #15, and looking forward to the next instalment of Batman!

riddler_by_thegregcapullo-d5mcwep.jpg

Once the Death of the Family arc is over, i'm looking forward to seeing Riddler back.

There is a fair few available on ebay, however they can be quite pricey. I'm glad I subscribed to Batman awhile back, I've heard it sold out fast

I dissolved my box about two years ago so I could spare a few dollars. Besides, the New 52 was starting anew... Really wish I wouldn't have. I'm a HUGE Batman fan and have followed almost ever major story arch since I was little. Though I'm glad Nolan introduced Batman in a cool way, it pisses me off a bit when fans of the movies try to ascribe knowledge of Batman to what is shown in the movies... I digress. Yeah, I went to my local comic book store and they were sold out the day after its release. Which really surprised me because I hadn't kept up enough to realize how well the series was doing. The Court of Owls stuff was great from what I heard. I was really getting used to the Damian and Dick dynamic. But I think we all wanted Bruce back. Still -- my favorite story arch up to the point where I quit reading was almost everything in Batwoman.

^ If you ever get the chance to read it, you should. I don't think it'll disappoint.

Snyder's Batman run has been amazing, I would suggest avoiding 1-12 of Detective Comics. Tony Daniel is terrible imo, only reason Batman DC's sold was due to the 1st issue with Jokers face being cut off, which Snyder is now doing justice. I know Tony Daniel has left since, so I don't know if its any good now.

I've heard good things about Batwoman, may try and pick up a few cheap issues.

Just read Bedlam #2, I'm finding it very impressive..

Also, just seen an Gangnam Style variant for Avengers #1

51EumPSOUvL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

AGE OF APOCOLYPSE: WEAPON X ULTIMATE EDITION

I've had this for AGES, picked it up at a book sale, does anyone know how big the arc is? Is it a major story arc or is it a standalone? or if its any good? I honestly don't know ..

Thanks

I've kind of had X-Men fever after All New X-Men brought me back to the X books so I picked up the Grant Morrison X-Men omnibus on sale at my LCS. Superb stuff so far.

All New X-Men is the best of the Marvel NOW with The Indestructible Hulk being a close second. Ironman and Uncanny Avengers are pretty lame so far.

Gail Simone was kicked off Batgirl, which is weird since i heard that comic was doing great.

• 2 weeks later...

If you're not buying Hawkguy at this point, you're really *censored*ing. Fan-*censored*ing-tastic issue this week. I also just discovered that David Aja has been releasing read along playlists to go with each issue.

This. The issue was awesome. So hilarious, and so good. Just fantastic. Between this, Daredevil, and Scarlet Spider, this week was pretty awesome for me.

Yeah, Uncanny Avengers has been pretty shit. My favorite book of Marvel NOW! is a three way toss-up between All New X-Men, Thor: God of Thunder, and Deadpool. Deadpool has been restored to his former awesomeness by the comedic genius that is Brian Posehn. Posehn's D-Pooly almost reminds me of Fabian's. Daniel Way shit all over Deadpool and his fans for too long. The 1st issue of Thunderbolts wasn't terrible, though. It was mostly just Castle and Thunderbolt Ross conversing.

Archived