Comic Discussion

Lunchbox

Ordering Captain America: Winter Solider Ultimate Collection even though I already own Vol 1. Would the Death of Cap stuff with Bucky be any good? I already read Vol1 where he dies.

Big News: Fox hires comic-writer Mark Millar to be creative consultant on Marvel adaptations such as FF, Wolverine and X-Men. Basically, he's their Joss Whedon.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/GraphicCity/news/?a=67922

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I loved everything Bucky did as Captain America on Brubakers run. Im totally biased though, i love The Winter Soilder.

When the *censored* is the next Hawkeye coming out? I need more Ordinary Adventures of Clint Barton in my life.

It comes out next week, I believe. I can't wait for that to come out, and I can't wait for Minimum Carnage to come out. One of my favorite on-going series is Scarlet Spider, and my brother's favorite on-going series is Venom, so seeing them cross-over in Minimum Carnage is pretty cool. But, in my opinion, the absolute best thing going on right now in comics is Hawkeye. The first 2 issues were absolutely fantastic, hopefully they can keep it up.

So here I am a 38 year old father of 2, deciding to give comics another shot....

The whole 90s comic explosion turned me sour on them and I vowed to never waste my money on spin-off titles again...

While in Iraq on my second deployment, a battle buddy started loaning me his graphic novels and the bug started biting; just a little.... Then I finally got stationed here and Balitmore and saw him again (he's out of the Army now) and started going through his collection...

Devoured comic after comic, broke out my old ones, borrowed from some of my Soldiers and just all around got the fever.

I was a Marvel guy growing up, but the universe is so dicked up and different from what I remeber I've hopped on the New 52 and have been quite happy.

I'm currenlty buying the graphic novels while decide what titles I want to follow... They are all good jumping off points to get a feel for what they are going to be like.

I own...

Justice League (loved it)

Detective Comics (loved it)

Batman (tip top)

Batman and Robin (decent)

Suicide Squad (like it a lot)

Stormwatch (not sure)

Aquaman (awsome)

Green Lanturn (loved it)

Green Lanturn Corp (my favorite)

Firestorm (meh)

Green Arrow (meh :( )

I'm hoping to find a core of 5 or 6 titles and collect from there. There is an awsome comic store in Annapolis that is thrilled that I've dropped 150 bones each trip and seems set on taking all my expendable cash.

Any suggestions, remarks, cracks?

Are you looking for a specific time period Rhyno? It might help before I drop my suggestion list.

For current my top three from DC is Batman, Justice League (The upcoming year looks amazing. Aquaman's storyline is going to be great.), and Green Lantern. On the Marvel side the top three are Daredevil, Hawkeye, and Wolverine & The X-Men.

I want to get into modern day DC... (Marvel was what I read growing up, but I'm just not fancying the new stuff.)

I've got all the Green Lantern Ring/Spectrum War trades and Darkest Night; so I'm familar with GL and enjoy whats going on there.

Collecting GL, GL Corps, Red Lanterns and maybe Gree Lantern New Gurdians (haven't heard anything on the last one.) sounds like something I might enjoy and follow...

The Batman titles all look good. (including Red Hood and Nightwing)

JL, Aquaman, Flash (always my favorite DC charcter), Hawkman, Suicide Squad and StormWatch all draw me in as well....

Stormwatch was a favorite when it was an Image title and The Authority is one of my favorite comic series ever... It is VERY different since the reboot, however.

I don't know... I'm going to collect 5 titles and I'm still trying to decide which ones.... I'll spend this and next month buying a few trades covering the the first 7 issues and make a desiscion.

Outside of DC... Atomic Robo is outsatnding. The old Conan Dark Horse trades draw me in and hold me. I don't even consider Preacher a comic. Its so well written it should be on HBO.

Just got my four day New York Comic Con pass in the mail, so psyched.

I'm super jealous. What panels will there be you're looking forward to?

I don't even know yet, i gotta sit down on my day off and try and map everything. The only thing i know is Dolph Ziggler is going to be there.

DareDevil: End of Days was the comic of the week for me. Some gritty, darker stuff for people who miss the old status quo and a great story for new fans of the character who jumped on with the Waid run.

So, Avengers vs X-Men wrapped up. Thoughts?

Biggest piece of crap. It's just to make the Avengers popular because of the movies success. I mean, Uncanny Avengers has 15+ variants. SERIOUSLY?

My Marvel list will be small for MARVEL NOW! Gonna pick up Slott's "SUPERIOR" title (Hopefully it's Spider-Man?), ThunderBolts, All-New X-Men, Uncanny Avengers, Avenging Spider-Man, Minimum Carnage event...

DC is where my shit's at. Batman 13. This week. Joker.

Smallville Season 11 is *censored*ING INCREDIBLE too. Get that guys, seriously. Far better than Action Comics & Superman.

I saw Carnage in the USA at a book store the other day and was wondering if I should get it. I am looking for good stuff to read and I am a HUGE fan of the Carnage character.

Stupid question time

Has the Minimum Carnage event started yet? I want to check it out.

I also plan on picking up Batman 13 this week it will be the first non-graphic novel style comic I have bought since I was a little kid. I am wanting to get back into comics and am going to try out Green Lantern and Batman at first then might move on to something else.

I absolutely love the New 52 and maybe I'm behind but Batman and this whole Court of Owls thing is just awesome, I'm excited to finish it.

I just got

Batman: The Long Halloween

Batman: Hush

Batman #0 -12

Batman Inc #0-3

Nightwing #0-4

Superman #1 - 12

Justice League #1 - 12

Is Green Lantern any good?

What about Batgirl or Batman & Robin?

After reading Batman #13 I'm really excited for the Death in the Family arc. I don't know if Joker has always been like this or he got this ablility while being away for a while in the New 52, but I like how he can also use the sahdows to his advantage like Batman.

Green Lantern is spectacular but I hope it's not necessary to buy Corps/New Guardians/etc to fully enjoy "RISE OF THE THIRD ARMY".

Batman 13 was FANTASTIC.

Scott Snyder and Jim Lee are doing a new SUPERMAN.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=68561

It's about time a mainstream Superman book rules. The only one even worth buying is smallville season 11.

Comic Con was rad as hell. I didn't get to do panels but I got alot of shit got to play some new games.

I did hear that at a Marvel Q&A Dan Slott said the new Superio Spider-man series is a Spider-man book but the person in costume is not Peter Parker.

Archived