Comic Discussion

Lunchbox

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we are allowed to cheat and include Ultimate Spider-Man then I loved the 7 issue origin story. If not, then Kraven's Last Hunt and the Night Gwen Stacy Died are classics. Grim Hunt and American Son are some great more recent stories.

Brubaker is done writing Captain America. Which just blows.

There are going to be several shakeups in Marvel. Bendis is leaving the Avengers, Hickman is leaving the Fantastic Four,

Bendis leaving the Avengers is good. However, Bendis pssibly taking over the X-Men or cosmic Marvel is very bad.

• 2 weeks later...

Why is Space Punisher a real thing?

Also, whats a good jump on point for Spider-man?

Now. New arc is starting.

Speaking of Now, I would liek you to all delve into the world of MARVEL NOW! Featuring the return of Jean Grey and massive creative shakeups in Marvel.

Entertainment Weekly have exclusively revealed that Marvel are indeed planning a relaunch following the events of Avengers Vs. X-Men, confirming that the initiative will be called "Marvel NOW". According to Editor-in-Chief Axel Alonso, this will take place between October and February as creators finish off their current runs and start their new ones. However, he was quick to stress that this is NOT a reboot in the style of DC's "The New 52". The following image shows Spider-Man, Hulk, Marvel Girl, Nova, Iron Man, Nick Fury, Captain America, Rocket Raccoon, Wolverine, Cyclops, Invisible Woman, Cable, and Thor.

The artist behind this teaser (and Chief Creator Officer of Marvel) Joe Quesada had this to say about the new looks for these characters. "There are some costume changes. There are some new character attitudes. Some characters may be changing their identities altogether. There’s a reason Sue Storm is there. And why there’s a floating robot near Hulk. We’re trying a lot of fun and new different things, we’re exposing characters who we’ve had in our toy chest for a long time."

RNhjs.jpg

UNCANNY AVENGERS

Following Avengers Vs. X-Men, Captain America will apparently decide that he hasn't done enough for the mutants over the years and this results in a new book from writer Rick Remender and artist John Cassaday. With a team including Cap, Thor, Wolverine and Havok, this is an exciting twist which will apparently see that latter, "become one of the biggest players in the Marvel Universe."Their first villain will be none other than the Red Skull! However, it won't be the version most recently seen in comics as the writer explains. "In 1943, Arnim Zola, who was this bio-fanatic engineer, recorded the Red Skull’s consciousness, and set it to wake up 70 years later. So the Red Skull [in Uncanny] is right out of 1943-44. Prime Nazi scumbag. In his mind, he’s taking that vitriol and hate and Nazi horror and methodology, and pointing it at the mutant species."

AVENGERS

"It’s not six Avengers, it’s 18 or more," teases writer Jonathan Hickman. The book will be pencilled by Jerome Opena, and the first arc will be entitled "Avengers World". Published twice a month, it will apparently tell five and six issue arcs as well as much smaller one-shot stories. There's currently no word on which heroes will make up the roster, but one of them WILL be Shang-Chi.

ALL-NEW X-MEN

"The X-Men is a tough nut to crack. There’s thousands of characters, all of which have a website dedicated just to them. I wanted to make sure I had a take that was unique," says series writer Brian Michael Bendis. As this is a time travel story, it will feature original X-Men, Cyclops, Iceman, Beast, Angel, and Marvel Girl. "Here’s the big question that the original X-Men are gonna be faced with: We’re gonna grow up, and this is what we’re going to get? That is not acceptable." Since her death in 2004, fans have been desperate to see the return of Jean Grey and that is obviously exactly what they'll get in this series. "It’s the one thing X-Men fans have always asked for is: They want Jean Grey back. But they want Jean Grey. Not reincarnated Jean, or the ghost of Jean. Well, you’re getting Jean back. And Jean is gonna be looking at a world that rattles her." Stuart Immonen has been confirmed as artist.

LONG STORY SHORT: JEAN GREY IS BACK VIA TIME TRAVEL *Censored*S

Why is Space Punisher a real thing?

Also, whats a good jump on point for Spider-man?

You could probably jump on now, but Brand New Day or Big Time would give you a bit more to read.

Meh, *censored* you Marvel. Keep Jean Grey gone, yes, she's technically still dead but it's a cheap way of bringing her back anyway. The art in that post looks awesome though.

Marvel NOW! is confusing me, mostly because I haven't really been bothered to read all that much on it but it really does seem to be a reboot in the style of New 52 in which case, I'd rather it not happen. I didn't mind it for DC because I never read that much DC so it was a good starting point but it's just annoying for me if Marvel does it.

Marvel NOW! is confusing me, mostly because I haven't really been bothered to read all that much on it but it really does seem to be a reboot in the style of New 52 in which case, I'd rather it not happen. I didn't mind it for DC because I never read that much DC so it was a good starting point but it's just annoying for me if Marvel does it.

It's not a New 52, thing. Is it a jumping on point for readers? Hell yes. Basically -- After AvX, the Marvel Universe doesn't know what the *censored* is going on, so new teams and alliances are formed and they change their costumes to reflect that. Then, the Orig.5 X-Men time travel to the future (god knows how), etc. Continuity will not be changed/affected.

Has anyone read Watchmen before the movie was announced? I was wondering if there was anyone here besides me that was against the making of a Watchmen film.

I haven't read it yet but I recently watched the movie and liked it. I'm just hoping Snyder ditches the crap slow-mo for Man of Steel.

Has anyone read Watchmen before the movie was announced? I was wondering if there was anyone here besides me that was against the making of a Watchmen film.

I haven't read it yet but I recently watched the movie and liked it. I'm just hoping Snyder ditches the crap slow-mo for Man of Steel.

Most of the Watchmen fan community wanted to boycott the film and hated the idea of it (just like Moore since he didn't want it either). I can guarantee you that the book is much better than the film (yes I have watched it).

Archived