Comic Discussion

Lunchbox

Batman and Robin is epic lately. I love Damian's fight to maintain self-control from killing, and what Alfred witnessed him do in the Batcave.

Batman Beyond Unlimited and Justice League Beyond Digital Exclusives have been announced. Dustin Nguyen is drawing Justice League, and I *censored*in' love his work.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Equally notable for his part in creating one of those most beloved villains in the history of superhero comics, the Joker, and for his work advocating the rights and recognition of comic book creators, Jerry Robinson was a man held in the utmost regard by his peers. He passed away in his sleep last night at the age of 89.

http://uk.comics.ign.com/articles/121/1214311p1.html

Just a short quote from the article

I love the illustration of Carnage itself, but I'd like to see something in the background. The logo looks kind of amateur too.

Marvel posted some preview pages but I wasn't sure if I could post them here. The art inside is very well done. It's very bloody and brutal.

Here's a link: http://comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=50882

Also, anyone else looking forward to the Avengers vs X-Men event in April?

Hope Summers, Phoenix Force Return, Cyclops and Captain America fighting (on promo art)...what else can you ask for?

Also, anyone else looking forward to the Avengers vs X-Men event in April?

Hope Summers, Phoenix Force Return, Cyclops and Captain America fighting (on promo art)...what else can you ask for?

Not too excited but I just want to see them finish what was started with Hope and the foreshadowing they've done in her connection to the Phoenix. This is what I expect:

1) Hope becomes host of the Phoenix Force.

2) Fight breaks out.

3) Hope uses Phoenix powers to make mutants on earth a reality again.

4) Hope dies.

5) At least it wasn't Jean again.

Has anyone noticed if Raven has popped up in the new 52? I remember her being in Flashpoint but after that she seems to have vanished.

I believe they said she would show up in Teen Titans eventually, but she's been unseen so far.

I have no idea what it is with superhero cartoons lately, they seem to be marketed to children and only children and then there are others that seem to be for mostly for older viewers. It seems like there is no middle ground with them anymore. I don't consistently watch any though, I am mostly going by a few episodes I have seen here and there.

On the comic book side of things, has anyone else been reading Greg Rucka's Punisher? It is shaping up to be on par with the Garth Ennis run from back in 2000.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beware_the_Batman

What the *censored* is this shit?

Alex needs to get his ass in here and explain this Beware the Batman bullshit. Why the hell does Alfred have guns?

Beware The Batman is the upcoming animated Batman show that is just confirmed with title and concept art. It's probably going to be used to promote obscure villains and heroes. I have no idea why Alfred has guns but the show will be in a more darker and serious tone than Brave and The Bold. It will be done in the same animation as Green Lantern: The Animated Series and will have violence, I guarantee, because the Red LAnterns kill in that series and this animation style is taken from Star Wars: The CLone Wars which is extremely violent.

Has anybody read Lex Luthor: Man of Steel? It's a pretty damn awesome characterization of Luthor and I hope we get a similar Lex in the next Superman flick.

Although it left me with one huge question

While Lex and Bruce are talking we see snippets of a fight between Batman and Superman. When exactly did the fight take place? During the fight, Batman is seen with the piece of kryponite Lex gave him at the end of their conversation, but after the fight, Bats is left in pretty bad shape(especially around the eyes). Which would explain why when Lex arrived Bats initially went out of his way to greet him, just to suddenly dissapear. Leaving Alfred with him, and later returns covering his eyes and looking a little beat up. Something that Lex points out.

Any ideas?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beware_the_Batman

What the *censored* is this shit?

Alex needs to get his ass in here and explain this Beware the Batman bullshit. Why the hell does Alfred have guns?

Beware The Batman is the upcoming animated Batman show that is just confirmed with title and concept art. It's probably going to be used to promote obscure villains and heroes. I have no idea why Alfred has guns but the show will be in a more darker and serious tone than Brave and The Bold. It will be done in the same animation as Green Lantern: The Animated Series and will have violence, I guarantee, because the Red LAnterns kill in that series and this animation style is taken from Star Wars: The CLone Wars which is extremely violent.

It sounds interesting. Perhaps Katana becomes his sidekick after killing Bitchin.. I mean Robin.

Hey all, I've been wanting to start reading more Batman comics and I read there has recently been a relaunch. I've read some of the graphics novels, but not much else, so it seems like a good time to start reading from a relaunch. What's the series like so far, is it (going to be) a good starting point?

Also, is there a website where I can subscribe to them and have them delivered to my house (UK), or will I just have to find a store that sells them?

Archived