The best match in the WWE this year so far?

Fayth

HHH/The Undertaker.

I'll go for Triple H vs Undertaker. It was a pretty epic match.

Triple H vs. Undertaker, John Cena vs. CM Punk, or John Cena vs. Rey Mysterio...Hmm?huh.gif

I'd go with Triple H vs. Undertaker.

Triple H vs Undertaker, no doubt.

No. Just no.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

HHH/The Undertaker.

Triple H vs. Undertaker, John Cena vs. CM Punk, or John Cena vs. Rey Mysterio...Hmm?huh.gif

No. Just no.

I'd rather watch a match between these two legends than a "if cena loses, he's fired" match.

Punk/Cena - Money In The Bank

Both MITB

Christian/Orton - Smackdown

Punk/Mysterio - Capital Punishment

Mysterio/Rhodes - Wrestlemania

Orton/Punk - Extreme Rules

Honorable Mention:

Daniel Bryan/Sin Cara - Smackdown

Not in any specific order other than Punk/Cena.

HHH/The Undertaker.

No. Just no.

I'd rather watch a match between these two legends than a "if cena loses, he's fired" match.

You would rather watch a shitty match than another shitty match? k.

I don't think this is even a question, Cena/Punk hands down. There's only a select number of matches a year that have you on the edge of your seat like that one. I think the only other match I can think of is HHH/Taker as a close second.

John Cena vs. CM Punk at Money in the Bank. Hands down. Bar none. Match of the Year and definitely one of the best WWE matches in a long time. Truly deserves the five star rating it got. IMO, its better than HBK/Taker at Wrestlemania 25.

All the other matches you guys are stating were good, no doubt about it, but none of them had the intense build-up and anticipation that Cena/Punk had. Plus, it was just a damn good wrestling match. For those reasons, it is Match of the Year and it will be very very hard to top.

:lol:

Your avatar perfectly suits what you are: a troll. Congrats :cool:

Taker Vs. HHH was the farthest thing from a shitty match. Just because both men didn't exchange hold after hold for 30 minutes, it doesn't mean it was bad. The match told a great story, and despite many possibly knowing the outcome, it still had a lot of people on the edge of their seats.

Taker Vs. HHH was the farthest thing from a shitty match. Just because both men didn't exchange hold after hold for 30 minutes, it doesn't mean it was bad. The match told a great story, and despite many possibly knowing the outcome, it still had a lot of people on the edge of their seats.

Never mind mate, "radom" is an all time Undertaker hater and he's always trolling whenever someone gives an Undertaker match some credit.

Haters gonna hate.

I know the concept of a "great Wrestling match" is subjunctive, but some of these choices are appauling (IMO). I mean honestly, Cena vs. Rey? Cody vs. Rey? HHH vs. Taker? Christian vs. Orton? Christian vs. Del Rio? All really good matches, no doubt, but the crowd, emotion, callbacks, psychology, spots, time given, finish, and just pure story telling of Punk vs. Cena makes it one of the best matches in recent memory.

I know the concept of a "great Wrestling match" is subjunctive, but some of these choices are appauling (IMO). I mean honestly, Cena vs. Rey? Cody vs. Rey? HHH vs. Taker? Christian vs. Orton? Christian vs. Del Rio? All really good matches, no doubt, but the crowd, emotion, callbacks, psychology, spots, time given, finish, and just pure story telling of Punk vs. Cena makes it one of the best matches in recent memory.

My thoughts exactly.

All match long, I was on the edge of my seat.

Dolph Ziggler vs Kofi for the IC championship, Dolph winning and making the title more prestigious in this era.

Cena vs Rey on this past weeks raw was amazing. Great chemistry between the two and you can see it works.

I guess you meant United States :)

My thoughts exactly.

Dolph Ziggler vs Kofi for the IC championship, Dolph winning and making the title more prestigious in this era.

Cena vs Rey on this past weeks raw was amazing. Great chemistry between the two and you can see it works.

Yes I do mean United States.

My thoughts exactly.

That was a great match too, although the ending was a little botched but still, a great match.

My thoughts exactly.

That was a great match too, although the ending was a little botched but still, a great match.

Oh yeah probably a reason why I like Dolph so much. I do feel that he needs to be back in the upper mid - top card now. Kofi can have some time off to realign himself.

Did I say that they had to perform hold after hold for it to be a good match? No. It was a shitty match because the match only consisted of finisher after finisher and spot after spot. That sort of match just isn't entertaining at all. Shit had me yawning the whole time. People need to realize that just because the match-up has the name "Undertaker" or "Triple H" or "HBK" doesn't automatically make it a classic match. I realize that Undertaker cannot perform 5-star matches anymore, but that doesn't excuse him from shitting out a finisher spotfest.

Never mind mate, "radom" is an all time Undertaker hater and he's always trolling whenever someone gives an Undertaker match some credit.

Haters gonna hate.

laughing.giflaughing.giflaughing.giflaughing.giflaughing.giflaughing.gif

Oh man, your ignorance is hilarious. If you take a look at my profile, and look under "favorite Wrestler", you will see none other than "the Undertaker". Undertaker was the first wrestler I saw in a match, and he became my favorite right away. But, there's no denying it anymore. He's gotten too old, and frankly, his matches aren't good at all. Maybe "shitty" is a little bit of an overstatement, but calling his recent matches "classic"? "Five-star"? Hell, to even call his recent matches "great" is a huge overstatement. He should have retired after his first match with HBK at WM 25. Even that match wasn't "five-star". A great match, no doubt, I enjoyed it a lot, but it wasn't amazing.

Man, I hate how people dickride Undertaker's WrestleMania matches. So, they have a lot of hype. Understandable, but that doesn't make them all legendary. Out of all his WM matches, not even half of them are above average. I love the Undertaker, but it's time for him to go.

Well at least we can all agree with the fact that 2011 has had several great matches and has overall been a great year IMO.

I kinda agree with Thriller. I understand everyone has their own opinion, but I dont see how any match tops Cena/Punk. But hey, you guys disagree, thats cool. Everyone has their own opinion on what makes a great match.

Punk vs Cena at MITB.

I know of a lot of matches that I can look back at and consider them overrated, such as Hogan vs Andre at WM 3 and the second Taker vs HHH match at WM 27, but Punk vs Cena was one of those rare matches that actually deserves the hype it got and more so. All the elements fit together just perfectly.

Archived