The best match in the WWE this year so far?

Fayth

Taker Vs. HHH was the farthest thing from a shitty match. Just because both men didn't exchange hold after hold for 30 minutes, it doesn't mean it was bad. The match told a great story, and despite many possibly knowing the outcome, it still had a lot of people on the edge of their seats.

Did I say that they had to perform hold after hold for it to be a good match? No. It was a shitty match because the match only consisted of finisher after finisher and spot after spot. That sort of match just isn't entertaining at all. Shit had me yawning the whole time. People need to realize that just because the match-up has the name "Undertaker" or "Triple H" or "HBK" doesn't automatically make it a classic match. I realize that Undertaker cannot perform 5-star matches anymore, but that doesn't excuse him from shitting out a finisher spotfest.

Taker Vs. HHH was the farthest thing from a shitty match. Just because both men didn't exchange hold after hold for 30 minutes, it doesn't mean it was bad. The match told a great story, and despite many possibly knowing the outcome, it still had a lot of people on the edge of their seats.

Never mind mate, "radom" is an all time Undertaker hater and he's always trolling whenever someone gives an Undertaker match some credit.

Haters gonna hate.

laughing.giflaughing.giflaughing.giflaughing.giflaughing.giflaughing.gif

Oh man, your ignorance is hilarious. If you take a look at my profile, and look under "favorite Wrestler", you will see none other than "the Undertaker". Undertaker was the first wrestler I saw in a match, and he became my favorite right away. But, there's no denying it anymore. He's gotten too old, and frankly, his matches aren't good at all. Maybe "shitty" is a little bit of an overstatement, but calling his recent matches "classic"? "Five-star"? Hell, to even call his recent matches "great" is a huge overstatement. He should have retired after his first match with HBK at WM 25. Even that match wasn't "five-star". A great match, no doubt, I enjoyed it a lot, but it wasn't amazing.

Man, I hate how people dickride Undertaker's WrestleMania matches. So, they have a lot of hype. Understandable, but that doesn't make them all legendary. Out of all his WM matches, not even half of them are above average. I love the Undertaker, but it's time for him to go.

I'm really not sure if you're serious.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

CM Punk vs Cena with no competitiors,only WWE match that i have enjoy so much i could watch it again.

Tho im suprised no one mentioned The Miz vs John Morrison from first RAW,as when it happenend it was highly praised.

In no particular order, I think these matches will get some mentions...

Christian vs Randy Orton (Over The Limit)

Randy Orton vs Christian (SmackDown)

Christian vs Alberto Del Rio

CM Punk vs John Cena (Money in The Bank)

Triple H vs The Undertaker (Wrestlmania 27)

John Morrison vs The Miz (Monday Night RAW)

Sheamus vs John Morrison (????) - it was a Ladder match...TLC/Extreme Rules?

Can't think of anymore right now.

TLC;but that was from 2010,not this year.

Punk vs. Cena @ Money In The Bank

I guess I'm the only one who thought Taker vs HHH at WM 27 was dull & boring with a lame ending

No, you're not. I thought the match sucked as well.

That's the same thing I think when you list HHH/Taker as a "classic".

ur all talking total rubbish, did any of you see zack ryder vs michal cole this week!!!!!!!

(i joke dont worry but it was good to see ryder on raw).

Punk vs Cena, SD! money in the bank match was good, i just think CP was the best ppv for years tbh

I guess I'm the only one who thought Taker vs HHH at WM 27 was dull & boring with a lame ending

Please do explain why you thought the match was dull and boring, I'm actually interested in what you have to say.

John Cena Vs. CM Punk - Money in the Bank 2011.

The Crowd made this match with the pure emotion.

I'd also say the Smackdown! Elimination Chamber match was great too. Edge and Mysterio at the end was awesome and Drew was great by showing he has a more aggressive side.

In no particular order, I think these matches will get some mentions...

Christian vs Randy Orton (Over The Limit)

Randy Orton vs Christian (SmackDown)

Christian vs Alberto Del Rio

CM Punk vs John Cena (Money in The Bank)

Triple H vs The Undertaker (Wrestlmania 27)

John Morrison vs The Miz (Monday Night RAW)

Sheamus vs John Morrison (????) - it was a Ladder match...TLC/Extreme Rules?

Can't think of anymore right now.

TLC;but that was from 2010,not this year.

Yeah, was a great match though. It was the only reason I went out and got the DVD, the match was epic :nod:

Please do explain why you thought the match was dull and boring, I'm actually interested in what you have to say.

Well, let's see. After the match started, there were three spots in less than three minutes. Undertaker throwing HHH over the ropes, Taker slamming HHH into the steps, and then HHH tackling Taker through Cole's desk. After that, there was Taker flipping HHH off the announce table. Then, a somewhat botched suicide dive, and then the spinebuster through the announce table. A minute or two later, a chokeslam, some chair shots, a Last Ride, and a Tombstone, and HHH still kicks out. I hope you are starting to see how silly this match is getting. So many spots and finishers, and both men still kick out? Come on, how boring and unrealistic is that? No? Let's continue. Two Pedigrees in a row after that, Taker still kicks out. HHH then follows up with about five chair shots to Taker's back and a chair shot to the head. Taker still kicks out. HHH goes for a Tombstone, but Taker STILL kicks out. Finally, the boring finisher spotfest comes to an end with a Hell's Gate.

I mean come on, that match was just so silly and ridiculous, that's it's hard to imagine why anyone would pick as the best match of 2011 so far. There should never be so many finishers in a match. A finisher is just that, a finisher. It finishes the matches. I can understand someone kicking out of a finisher, it adds to the match, but after kicking out of two finishers, the match just starts to go downhill. Maybe you find stuff like this entertaining, but I find it extremely dull. I like seeing variety in matches, not spot after finisher after finisher after spot after spot after spot after finisher.

Well, let's see. After the match started, there were three spots in less than three minutes. Undertaker throwing HHH over the ropes, Taker slamming HHH into the steps, and then HHH tackling Taker through Cole's desk. After that, there was Taker flipping HHH off the announce table. Then, a somewhat botched suicide dive, and then the spinebuster through the announce table. A minute or two later, a chokeslam, some chair shots, a Last Ride, and a Tombstone, and HHH still kicks out. I hope you are starting to see how silly this match is getting. So many spots and finishers, and both men still kick out? Come on, how boring and unrealistic is that? No? Let's continue. Two Pedigrees in a row after that, Taker still kicks out. HHH then follows up with about five chair shots to Taker's back and a chair shot to the head. Taker still kicks out. HHH goes for a Tombstone, but Taker STILL kicks out. Finally, the boring finisher spotfest comes to an end with a Hell's Gate.

I mean come on, that match was just so silly and ridiculous, that's it's hard to imagine why anyone would pick as the best match of 2011 so far. There should never be so many finishers in a match. A finisher is just that, a finisher. It finishes the matches. I can understand someone kicking out of a finisher, it adds to the match, but after kicking out of two finishers, the match just starts to go downhill. Maybe you find stuff like this entertaining, but I find it extremely dull. I like seeing variety in matches, not spot after finisher after finisher after spot after spot after spot after finisher.

To summarize for you, it was a Jeff Hardy match except a tad better. I agree that it was quite dull.

^ I too thought the same of that match. Rhodes vs. Mysterio was better than it, and just about every other match on WrestleMania.

As for answering this thread, I won't bother. Even if it is a "so far" topic, we still have a little under half a year to go to decide what was MotY for WWE, plus it's a bit obvious which match just about everyone will choose.

To summarize for you, it was a Jeff Hardy match except a tad better. I agree that it was quite dull.

Hahaha, while I was writing that explanation, I actually thought to myself that it sounds like a Jeff Hardy match.

^ I too thought the same of that match. Rhodes vs. Mysterio was better than it, and just about every other match on WrestleMania.

As for answering this thread, I won't bother. Even if it is a "so far" topic, we still have a little under half a year to go to decide what was MotY for WWE, plus it's a bit obvious which match just about everyone will choose.

Yeah, I enjoyed Rhodes/Mysterio ten times more than HHH/Taker, and I don't even like Mysterio.

Yeah I can agree with you. But I still did enjoy it. I remember the first time I saw it, I was marking out and on the edge of my seat, but then I rewatched it and it just didnt have that same feeling. I noticed everything you pointed out. The match was a tad unrealistic. I mean, like you said, kicking out of one finisher is acceptable. Two, perhaps. But three or four? Thats kinda too much. It makes the finisher look weak IMO.

Archived