The best match in the WWE this year so far?

Fayth

Yeah, decided to start a topic about what do you guys think is the best WWE match so far this year.

My honest opinion, Punk vs. Cena at MITB was the best so far.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Punk/Cena for pure emotion and story, was just brilliant. But HHH/Taker was very good as well as Christian/ADR. I realize I have just mentioned the 3 already mentioned above but IMO it's one of those 3.

Personally I will go with Punk/Cena, loved every second of it, from Promo video beforehand to Punk kicking ADR then leaving through the crowd with the title after blowing a kiss to Vince. :shifty:

I don't think this is even a question, Cena/Punk hands down. There's only a select number of matches a year that have you on the edge of your seat like that one. I think the only other match I can think of is HHH/Taker as a close second.

John Cena vs. CM Punk at Money in the Bank. Hands down. Bar none. Match of the Year and definitely one of the best WWE matches in a long time. Truly deserves the five star rating it got. IMO, its better than HBK/Taker at Wrestlemania 25.

All the other matches you guys are stating were good, no doubt about it, but none of them had the intense build-up and anticipation that Cena/Punk had. Plus, it was just a damn good wrestling match. For those reasons, it is Match of the Year and it will be very very hard to top.

In no particular order, I think these matches will get some mentions...

Christian vs Randy Orton (Over The Limit)

Randy Orton vs Christian (SmackDown)

Christian vs Alberto Del Rio

CM Punk vs John Cena (Money in The Bank)

Triple H vs The Undertaker (Wrestlmania 27)

John Morrison vs The Miz (Monday Night RAW)

Sheamus vs John Morrison (????) - it was a Ladder match...TLC/Extreme Rules?

Can't think of anymore right now.

Punk/Cena for pure emotion and story, was just brilliant. But HHH/Taker was very good as well as Christian/ADR. I realize I have just mentioned the 3 already mentioned above but IMO it's one of those 3.

Personally I will go with Punk/Cena, loved every second of it, from Promo video beforehand to Punk kicking ADR then leaving through the crowd with the title after blowing a kiss to Vince. :shifty:

This, hate to look biased or redundant, but that match took the cake.

Triple H vs. The Undertaker - WrestleMania XXVIII

Christian vs. Alberto Del Rio - Extreme Rules 2011

Christian vs. Randy Orton - Over the Limit 2011

CM Punk vs. John Cena - Money in the Bank 2011

I go with Punk-Cena. I marked like shit during the whole match.

What the *censored*? I mean, Christian's my favorite wrestler, but even I'll admit that Punk vs. Cena at Money in the Bank was light years better than his matches with Orton and Del Rio. I'll also say that while immensley enjoyable, HHH vs. Taker wasn't even in the same league as those said matches, the match was very slow and turned into a huge spotfest towards the end. There is no doubt that Punk vs. Cena is the match of the year thus far.

John Cena vs. CM Punk at Money in the Bank. Hands down. Bar none. Match of the Year and definitely one of the best WWE matches in a long time. Truly deserves the five star rating it got. IMO, its better than HBK/Taker at Wrestlemania 25.

All the other matches you guys are stating were good, no doubt about it, but none of them had the intense build-up and anticipation that Cena/Punk had. Plus, it was just a damn good wrestling match. For those reasons, it is Match of the Year and it will be very very hard to top.

:lol:

Archived