So, Status

I've had about 3 mods tell me that if you're friends with G, you're an automatic mod. It's an unfair system and only the popular-deserving people (like Tsel and DAN were very recognizable members who deserved their moderation) get moderated. Half of them don't even do anything anymore, and they have more than enough mods for modding this forum. I can think of about 10 deserving members over the ones we have right now.

I'm not really able to comment on this because I have no idea just how much Status does or doesn't do, as well as any of the other mods.

The only thing I can comment on is that ThreeG does ask for our input before he mods people. He rarely ever mods people simply because they're friends. We almost always know when we're getting new mods and because he asks for our recommendations, we almost always know who the new moderators are going to be as well.

As I just recently posted in a topic; I'm confused as well. It's not that he's a terrible guy or a dick or anything, I've just never seen him do "mod stuff", and he's gotten into heated, personal arguments with people before (CxE and Alex). Whether it's an in-joke between him and the two, I have no idea. But it still sets a bad example. He's a mod in the SVR section, but I don't think I've seen him mod anything there. Ernez handles it beautifully.

IMO, Mod-hood should circulate more often, so you'd get a "fresh" group of people, and see which ones were great ones, and who were not so great ones. Keep the great ones, get rid of the not so great ones.

Mods are open to scrutiny, moreso than regular members. Mods need to know better than start shit, or continue with shit. Keep it civil... And keep their section tidy.

I've had about 3 mods tell me that if you're friends with G, you're an automatic mod. It's an unfair system and only the popular-deserving people (like Tsel and DAN were very recognizable members who deserved their moderation) get moderated. Half of them don't even do anything anymore, and they have more than enough mods for modding this forum. I can think of about 10 deserving members over the ones we have right now.

That's real funny. Most of the staff weren't even friends with G before becoming a mod. I wasn't even friends with G until way down the line. I was one of the people that didn't even like him at first, but found out later on he was a pretty cool guy. There are a lot of staff that weren't "popular" as you so nicely put it on an internet forum, that became a mod. And FYI, G asks the rest of the staff for recommendations before modding people. Ernie for example was recommended by me and other mods a while back and I didn't even talk to him that much. I knew that he was a good poster and a nice guy so he was given a chance. You really gotta stop trying to look tough over the internet and making wild assumptions.

I'm not really able to comment on this because I have no idea just how much Status does or doesn't do, as well as any of the other mods.

The only thing I can comment on is that ThreeG does ask for our input before he mods people. He rarely ever mods people simply because they're friends. We almost always know when we're getting new mods and because he asks for our recommendations, we almost always know who the new moderators are going to be as well.

Well I wasn't a friend of G, I was just given mod duties out of the blue. Then I worked hard etc. Then I was given General mod duties, I continue to do stuff around the forum.

LOL uMad? Alex you and your bumboys need to accept these people are mods for handing the forum well.

As I just recently posted in a topic; I'm confused as well. It's not that he's a terrible guy or a dick or anything, I've just never seen him do "mod stuff", and he's gotten into heated, personal arguments with people before (CxE and Alex). Whether it's an in-joke between him and the two, I have no idea. But it still sets a bad example. He's a mod in the SVR section, but I don't think I've seen him mod anything there. Ernez handles it beautifully.

IMO, Mod-hood should circulate more often, so you'd get a "fresh" group of people, and see which ones were great ones, and who were not so great ones. Keep the great ones, get rid of the not so great ones.

Mods are open to scrutiny, moreso than regular members. Mods need to know better than start shit, or continue with shit. Keep it civil... And keep their section tidy.

Staff members getting chosen actually do circulate quite often. Just because we don't have mod apps anymore doesn't mean we're not looking for people. We now choose mods based on what boards need them, instead of all at once like we used to. We've actually been in discussion about new mods atm.

Rarely spoke to G, wasn't considered his friend and oh look, I'm a mod...Yeah, that statement is real asinine (I gotta stop using that word). G goes to the mods themselves asking for recommendations, he gets them and acts upon it. People aren't picked on popularity, they are picked on how they can help the forum. For example, I help the forum by looking over EWR, Ernez does the rounds in WWE 12, etc, etc.

Rarely spoke to G, wasn't considered his friend and oh look, I'm a mod...Yeah, that statement is real asinine (I gotta stop using that word). G goes to the mods themselves asking for recommendations, he gets them and acts upon it. People aren't picked on popularity, they are picked on how they can help the forum. For example, I help the forum by looking over EWR, Ernez does the rounds in WWE 12, etc, etc.

Did I say every mod was picked that way? No. From what I've saw in the EWR forum before it had it's depression, yuo deserved it. Ernez was actually trying to help out before his moderation which he why he was modded. Please, show me what Raff does to help around the forum besides posting pictures of himself.

Did I say every mod was picked that way? No. From what I've saw in the EWR forum before it had it's depression, yuo deserved it. Ernez was actually trying to help out before his moderation which he why he was modded. Please, show me what Raff does to help around the forum besides posting pictures of himself.

Just because you don't see what we do, doesn't mean we're not doing anything. Raff does his fair share of stuff or he wouldn't still be a mod. Once again. Assumptions. You don't have mod logs. You have no idea what to base this off of.

Right, thats funny because lets look at the mod list you little annoying shit.

Beast And The Harlot - Never spoke to him.

BlackToxic - Never spoke to him

D.A.N. - Only ever spoke to him in group convos AFTER he was modded

eMasson - Don't believe I've spoken to him, correct me if im wrong

Ernez - Knew him before he was mod, he's about the only person I did. And this guy works his ASS off to make the forum as good as he can.

Famous - Never spoke to him other than once or twice in group convos, i'm sure

Fuse - Believe it or not, I disliked him before he was mod. Thought he was a kiss-ass.

Hytman. - Only spoke to him once he became mod, and that was due to an Xbox party playing battlefield about a month ago.

PaperThinWalls - We were buddies back in the day through ICW, we were never 1on1 MSN guys, just group convos. This guy works his ass off and IMO is next in line to become admin.

Respect The Ring - Never spoke to him. Ever.

RVF - Only spoke to him in topics here on caws, like, 4 years ago, somewhat. Dunno a thing about him.

stenis - Probably spoke to him a few times once he became mod due to xbox or something, dunno anything about the guy.

The Third - Don't believe i've spoken to him.

The Way Of The Fist - Fist is cool, but ive only spoke to him on mod boards - so thats AFTER he became mod.

Tsel - I know him well now, he's epic. But its only due to playing xbox with him in the past 4 months. Didnt know of him before. and he's been mod A LOT longer than 4 freakin' months.

Zander - When the other mods put his name forward, I actually called him bigoted

.Joel - Dunno him,.

iSmex. - Ive spoke to him somewhat since he became mod, didnt know him before hand tho,

Misery Business - Yeah, the one person I knew before he became mod really, he was GFX mod like 2 years ago? I dunno. That section died down, I demodded him. Yeah, I demodded the one guy who was my friend. SHOCKING RITE!!?!?!?!

Saul - He hated me, I hated him. Now we're cool. Shocking huh?

unknownsold13r - Dunno who that is

.: SM :. - I thought he hated me, he thought I hated him. We never spoke. He became staff still... and now we're really tight. Again. SHOCKING RITE???

Just stfu, you dunno what you're talking about.

The wording of this sentence: I've had about 3 mods tell me that if you're friends with G, you're an automatic mod. Suggests that it could be any amount, and by your tone, I thought you were suggesting a majority. But looking back at it now, the whole thing has confused me:

"It's an unfair system and only the popular-deserving people (like Tsel and DAN were very recognizable members who deserved their moderation) get moderated."

Aren't the popular-deserving people meant to be moderators? How is that unfair? And how do you know most of us don't even do anything? You aren't in every damn section, are you?

To be honest, if this whole thread was made because Status said God wasn't real and then asked for proof from you Alex to which you just whined and complained like a little baby to which Iron_Man then saw and as a result posted this thread, then it should be closed. No proof has been posted. If proof (recent proof that is) is posted, then we'll see, but until then, why don't you all just simmer down.

I dont deserve it? For being a solid member since 07..just because someone isnt "popular" on here means they dont deserve it? Sounds like sour grapes from a kid who wants nothing more then to be on the Mod team.

Staff members getting chosen actually do circulate quite often. Just because we don't have mod apps anymore doesn't mean we're not looking for people. We now choose mods based on what boards need them, instead of all at once like we used to. We've actually been in discussion about new mods atm.

Ah, I didn't know you had gotten rid of mod applications entirely, I thought people sent an applicatin every once in a while, and if you needed staff you'd pick them. The way you're doing it now is actually better, cause it comes from reccomendations rather than personal "mod me" type stuff.

I totally forgot to mention that I was virtually unknown amongst the members here when I was modded. Me being modded came as a total shock for me.

When I was asked to be a moderator, that was literally the first time I had ever spoke to G.

That's great you debunked my theory, but isn't it a little bad your...moderators kind of, you know, provoke and insult members?

Here:

http://caws.ws/forum/topic/409668-god-and-homosexuality/page__view__findpost__p__8171575

Status states that "I cry" when I'm trying to make sure the topic doesn't get closed because I am intently interested in this discussion.

In the board rules

No Disruptive Posting

Please do not flame other users. i.e. don't insult, provoke or cuss other members

I'm pretty sure saying I'm crying, and that it's typical, is an insult or a provocation.

Come on Gesus, it's not healthy to bottle up your emotions. Why don't you tell Alex how you really feel? :hqhq:

Yeah, you're about 5 minutes away from being suspended for causing trouble on the board. If you got a problem with ANY member of the staff, PM me, instead of calling them out on the board so they can see.

Archived