Tier list?

Ghost.

If theres any sort of competitive scene for this game we def. Need a tier list.

If you don't know what one is then it's a list of all the characters in a fighting game and it ranks them from best to worst and there generally grouped.

If you don't know what one is then it's a list of all the characters in a fighting game and it ranks them from best to worst and there generally grouped.

thats easy:

top- dlc pack 2

middle - dlc pack 1

bottom- every character that came with the game initially

THQ needs to balance these out because its weird for me that I can take 5'11 190 lb Cody Rhodes and whip the Undertaker in 6 well timed moves or take Jerry Lawler and whip Austin,Rock,Cena etc without even knowing Lawlers combos.

thats easy:

top- dlc pack 2

middle - dlc pack 1

THQ needs to balance these out because its weird for me that I can take 5'11 190 lb Cody Rhodes and whip the Undertaker in 6 well timed moves or take Jerry Lawler and whip Austin,Rock,Cena etc without even knowing Lawlers combos.

Partially true, but not true enough. Sheamus, Edge and Shawn Michaels are still ahead of most of the DLC guys. Cody Rhodes, Dusty Rhodes and R-Truth are ****ed up though.

thats easy:

top- dlc pack 2

middle - dlc pack 1

Partially true, but not true enough. Sheamus, Edge and Shawn Michaels are still ahead of most of the DLC guys. Cody Rhodes, Dusty Rhodes and R-Truth are ****ed up though.

Any of DLC 2 can smack around Sheamus, Edge and HBK

I still believe that if you know how to handle your character and you're good at reversing, then you'll always stand a chance. I've beaten every DLC pack 1 and 2 wrestler countless # of times. Lawler is the most annoying of the bunch followed by Jericho and R-Truth. It feels good to hit a Pedigree on Y2J lol

Here is (in my opinion) an accurate list of each class. Hybrid style wrestlers may be a bit lower, because I think that wrestler's true to one specific style should be higher per group.

For example, if I put Bret Hart as the best grappler, I am not necessarily saying he is the best/overpowered/easiest wrestler to use in the grappler class, but his plethora of grapples, clearly outmatches every other grappler in the game, therefore making him the best for the class.

I am making these lists, as they pertain to 1 v. 1 matches only! Not 2+ wrestlers in the ring, the speed, and style of the multiple wrestler games, makes some weak 1 v. 1 wrestlers, very good!

I worked tediously, and thought hard on this list, and feedback would be appreciated!

Best In The Game for 1 v. 1 (In no specific order):

Randy Savage

Edge

Jericho

Jake Roberts

Sheamus

Cm Punk

Andre

Roddy Piper

Dusty Rhodes

R-Truth

The Miz

Steve Austin

Shawn Michaels

Grapplers (Based on best TRUE Grapplers):

1. Bret Hart (Clearly the best grappler! He has 2-3 chains of 5+ grapples)

2. Jack Swagger (Just an insane amount of grapples!)

3. Ted Jr. (Tons of grapples, most go into a weak or strong grapple regular, which is effective)

4. Edge (Very versatile & a top wrestler, but only has chains of 3 grapples)

5. Triple H (Nice amount of chains, running strike signature, a few stuns, and fast strikes)

6. Jake Roberts (Hybrid brawler, tons of stuns & fast strikes, very good if you can block out grapples)

7. Chris Jericho (Chains of 3 or more, but hybrid acrobat and good sigs)

8. Million Dollar Man (Limited chains of only 2, same move every time, no matter what button)

9. The Miz (limited grapple chains, can only grapple chain out of a punch combo, but nice sigs)

10. Mr. Perfect (Very limited grapple chains, all of which are easier/quick reversals, weak strikes (except for back quick strikes, one of, if not the hardest grappler to use)

Brawlers (Based on combos, speed of strikes, sigs):

1. Roddy Piper (Hard to pick a pre-eminent #1 for this class, but with the fastest strikes in the game (minus the calf kick), a ton of stuns,and amazing spamming ability (haha) I felt like he deserved #1.)

2. Dusty Rhodes (Again a tough choice for a top brawler, but extremely fast strikes (especially once the combo starts), good signatures, and the ability to quickly switch to a grapple mid combo, he is a very strong force in this game)

3. Sheamus (Very fast strikes, 2 running Sigs (both of which can be hit out of a combo that is nearly impossible to reverse, & juggle combo.)

4. "Stone Cold" Steve Austin: (Good strikes, but his real power comes with his running signature, strikes in his combo, and his extremely effective wind up punch to the corner (which can be really annoying)

5. Lawler (Although this may come as a bit of a surprise, he is really, really good! He has very fast strikes, some very nice combos (especially grapples after a few punches, a stun or 2, a sig off the top rope, and the worst wind up strike in the game (haha). But he can juggle an opponent off of the ground stunned. Just a good brawler!)

6&7. Animal & Hawk (I grouped them together, even though they are different of course. They each have their own strengths, but they make up for what each other lacks. Good signatures, fast punches, Hawk has chaining ability, Animal has a lot of knockdown combos, both are just very good!)

8. CM Punk (I thought about putting Punk at the #5 spot, but hesitated. His combos are very long (up to 8 strikes on 2 of them), his kicks are very fast, and have extremely long reach. He has a lot of knockdowns, and is just downright dirty!)

9. John Cena (In the middle of the pack, I'm picking Cena. His regular quick strikes are 2nd fastest behind Piper, he doesn't have a lot of great combos other than punch, punch, punch. His signatures are great!)

10. Sgt. Slaughter (Very underrated! Decently fast strikes, but greats stunning ability (his reversals stun), strong punch combos are knockdowns & some can hit you out of the ring. Good sigs, and strong grapples.

11. The Rock (One of only 3 wrestlers with 5 signatures. Not the easiest to use for beginners, nice wind up punch off of the ropes, sem-fast strikes, nice strong grapples.)

12. Cody Rhodes (If they kept his overpowered kick, he would be top 4. Decently fast strikes, really long combo holds, and strong grapples (which make it hard to reverse at times) quick brawler, hybrid acrobat, can mix things up a lot)

13. Ultimate Warrior (Good speed, nice combos and decent holds, good signatures, he may deserve to be higher on the list, but at this time, he just is not as good as some of the new DLC and other wrestlers).

14. Undertaker (I am basing these ratings on 1 v. 1, and Undertaker just doesn't do it. Very slow strikes (due to being a Big Man hybrid), his wind up punch like Steve Austin is very effective if you can land it, good signatures, but you have to know what you are doing to play effectively with him.

15. Orton (Even though he has very fast strikes, that is where it ends for him. He does have some longer, harder to reverse holds, but with limited combos, and all 4 sigs as grapples, he just doesn't compete with the filed of other brawlers. Although the R.K.O. can make an argument for the best finisher in the game, but for 1 v. 1, it doesn't matter that much)

16. Hulk Hogan (Well at least he isn't last (haha). He is really just an absolute disgrace in this game! Slow strikes for the most part, easy reversals on all of his grapples, limited combos, just a complete mess for such an amazing hero of wrestling! they really, did him poorly! Although, he does have an amazing finisher, (it is the 2nd quickest finisher in the game, when stored)

17. Drew McIntyre (Ughh where do I begin. Slow strikes, only 1 of the 3 directions on his combos can go longer than 2 punches/grabs. Very hard wrestler for beginners to use, for the most part no matter what gamer is using him, you are at a bit of a disadvantage due to picking him. His grabs are rather unique, but that cannot make up for his weaknesses. But, I.M.O. he has the best overall signature package (they are all very cool)!

Big Men (Hard to Judge, because all three are very similar):

1. Andre The Giant (Probably the best out of the three. Has a lot of juggles, two chain grapples, good signatures.

2. Kane & Big Show (Each have their strengths and weaknesses of course. Big Shows stomp can be insanely cheap, but for 1 v. 1's most people will just block it. Kane is the fastest striker out of the three big men, but does not have as many juggles as the other two. Big shows finisher is a strike, Kane has a signature off of the top rope. It is just very hard to judge, because of the similarities.)

Acrobats (Based on high flying, true skill)

1. Randy Savage (I am going against the formula a bit, no, he is not the best high flyer, but he is the best acrobat to use for 1 v. 1's. His brawling hybrid ability, combined with amazing moves off of the top rope, and a very hard finisher to block, make him the pre-eminent acrobat to use. He has very fast strikes, is very versatile no matter what style you want to fight with him, the list goes on and on. He is one of a few fighters that can match up to basically anybody in the game! Very few weaknesses.

2. R-Truth (The newest addition to the game, is one of the best! His ability for hand to hand combat combined with some of the most effective moves off of the ropes, make him a great player. The only thing working against him is his lack of the strong strike springboard which is very effective. Great signatures, and has the ability to teleport? Who knew! (Haha))

3. Kofi Kingston (Although a bit unconventional and similar to other acrobats, Kingston is one of only 3-4 acrobats that i am 100% confident with for a 1 v. 1. He has some grapples that are very fast, and some that are very slow, which makes it a nightmare for your opponent to chose which one will be coming. He is a very standard acrobat in that he has very similar springboards and moves off of the top rope, but he has 5 signatures, and has quick combos.

4. Shawn Michael (Sexy Boy could have easily could have been #3, but I went with Kofi. He has great signatures, a few knockdown combos, and hit his SCM as a signature out of a punch combo, is very fast, and one of the only wrestlers that can make it to the top rope directly out of a weak grapple (the other being Savage). Yes, HBK is nearly the complete package, but his strikes are on the slow side, and for some reason, I find it a bit difficult to defend with him.

5. Eddie Guerrero (Being a hybrid grappler and having 4 different grapple chains, makes it a pleasure to use him for 1 v. 1. His strikes are rather slow, but he has up to three different stunning attacks, which make for good hand to hand combat. Combine that with all the luxuries of having a fast, acrobat with effective moves off of the top rope and springboards, and you have a very solid wrestler!)

6&7. Snuka & Steamboat (I grouped these two together because of there immense similarities! they both virtually have the exact same moves, are the two quickest wrestlers (sprint speed) in the game. Snuka can hit anyone in the ring or on the top from anywhere! they both have the springboard kick, and are probably the two best to use for a handicapped match. Their finishers are very effective (steamboat more so), and can be a headache for opponents. Snuka has slow strikes, but two stuns, and Ricky cannot hit very far off of the top rope, but that doesnt stop these two from being very effective, especially in multi wrestler game types.

8. Rey Mysterio (This was honestly a crap shoot. Although it may seem that he is in the bottom tier of the acrobats, 6-9 could have been any combination. He is a pretty straight forward acrobat. All the same moves for the most part as other, but working against him, is the fact that his finisher must be done inside the ring. this can make for a very frustrating time, especially if you opponent is insisting upon staying outside. He has nice signatures, and is your basic acrobat.

9. John Morrison (Again, like Rey, even though I have him at #9, it does not mean he is the worst! I put him last however, because his finisher takes ages to get off, and you can miss it more than 75% of the time! Even once you store it, you still have to reload it in the corner, unless you are standing right by the turn buckle. He has the calf kick (like most other acrobats), and a signature springboard (which also misses a lot), but again, he is not awful, and this #9 spot could have been any one of about 4 different wrestlers.

Archived