WWE 12 FAQ Posted!

Crazy.

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I Don't think anyone added the updated faq for today so

I'll add the other answers to the faq from today as well but that took the cake for me

Q: How is the hit detection this year?

A:The hit detection is much improved this year. We've spent a good amount of time fine tuning individual moves that were having hit detection issues in the past. We've also adjusted the rate at which the striking Superstars rotates towards the opposing Superstars when they are not facing each other exactly. This gives you better range and cuts down on the amount of missed strike attacks. Lastly, we've also adjusted the diving attack hit detection quite a bit as well. We have some new technology in the game for diving attacks so that the attacks look a bit more natural and sync up better when the two Superstars collide. While hit detection is always a work in progress and almost impossible to get perfect, we believe this year will see some substantial improvements.

Q: Will stats determine Grapple lunge speed again this year?

A: Attribute levels do not determine Grapple Reach speed in WWE '12. Instead this speed is determined by the weight class of the Superstars. Each weight class has a corresponding Grapple Reach speed. As an example, Cruiserweights will have a faster reach speed than Heavyweights.

Q: Will we have the option to mute music playing during the menus as previous to '11?

A: Yes, music can always be muted in the Options Menu.

Q: Can you make the Championship belts one default size, so they're the same regardless of champ?

A: Yes, championship titles will be one default size so they are the same regardless of who holds it.

Q: Will there be a Commentary team for Smackdown this year? Cole, Mathews, Booker T?

A: The commentary team for WWE '12 is Michael Cole and Jerry "The King" Lawler.

Q: Will there be new arenas in WWE '12?

A: Yes, there will be new arenas in WWE '12. Not only we will obviously update many of the arenas to match the WWE's PPV schedule, but we are also introducing some new, never before seen arenas that will be unlockable in Road To WrestleMania.

Q: Is the Skin Color Hue wheel back for CAWs or do we still have preset colors only?

A: Unfortunately the Skin Color Hue wheel is not back for Create-A-Superstar. We will address this feedback next year. We apologize for not being able to address this feedback for WWE '12.

Q: Do we still have Gender restrictions in WWE '12?

A: Yes, WWE '12 still uses gender restrictions to match what you seen on WWE television. This is a requirement for us to have in the game. Although we see several requests to lift this restriction from the game, this is not in our control. We apologize that we are unable to address this feedback.

Kinda sad though, we're stuck with cole on all shows again, but atleast we can mute the music if we want to

So.. they had time to give us a bearded Orton, remove the grab animation before sigs/finishers, exit themes... but couldn't find time to give us the custom skin tone slider back? Nice one THQ, you've ****ed up CAW Mode yet again!

YUP! to be honest, i'd rather have custom skintones as opposed to spending time on a damn bearded randy orton.. i mean he's my fav wrestler of today, but i could care less about the damn beard

That answer to the music question is a little too vague for me, he didn't really specify if shutting it off would kill all the music in general.

yeah i know, but the question was can we mute it prior to the way you could before 2011 so i'm assuming that means that we can mute the music and the entrance music would be fine

That answer to the music question is a little too vague for me, he didn't really specify if shutting it off would kill all the music in general.

My thoughts exactly. :(

See My Response to that above you

SvR 2011 is the first game in the series that i didin´t play through a whole year.Sadly, WWE 12 will be the first wwe game that i won´t buy. Shame on THQ.Even more if i have to choose between Arkham City, Uncharted 3 and a washed up game worst than the versions of the PS2 era.

Yea, but until they say turning off menu music won't turn off entrance themes, I am assuming they meant you could always turn if off...even though it kills entrance themes... this is THQ after all.

Yea, but until they say turning off menu music won't turn off entrance themes, I am assuming they meant you could always turn if off...even though it kills entrance themes... this is THQ after all.

Yeah you got a point there, afterall they did take out the hue wheel for skintones...

Yeah you got a point there, afterall they did take out the hue wheel for skintones...

But they added transparency.... LOL!

They added one great thing, but took out another great thing... WTF?

:mad:

Where the hell did my post go? Or am I having a derp moment?

Did I get censored or something?

Batista: Censorship? Are you serious? Censorship?

Why did I sign up for this site if I can't voice my opinion.

Hopefully I'm somehow not seeing my post or something.

it happened to me too it's this site

Probably got deleted. It happens if the mods feel it's inapproiate.

Yes. There´s censorship in these forums. The mods here are sucking THQ dicks, mostly of Marcus Stephenson, so they delete most of the post (not all, because if they delete all the post flaming THQ, there will be no forum) so they can have a free copy of the game this fall and a podcast with Stephenson or bryan williams with questions writen by thq team.

Now ban me or delete this post, mods.

:censored:

What part exactly got me modded? The f bombs showed up as *censored* so I don't get that. Was it me referring to my anus? :shift:

It wasn't that bad, but it was many reasons I deleted it. I thought it would start a flame war. For one, there was a bit racist comment. There was hotlinked pictures as well. (which means it wasn't uploaded to a upload site, such as photobucket, or tinypic)

Yes. There´s censorship in these forums. The mods here are sucking THQ dicks, mostly of Marcus Stephenson, so they delete most of the post (not all, because if they delete all the post flaming THQ, there will be no forum) so they can have a free copy of the game this fall and a podcast with Stephenson or bryan williams with questions writen by thq team.

Now ban me or delete this post, mods.

First off, we don't get a free game, so I have no idea why you think this. We all have to buy the game, just like you. Secondly, in fact I don't like THQ. I never will. I think they're unprofessional and won't answer questions truthfully. So please stop making assumptions about things you have no idea about. :)

about the skin tone, it's suck

but who knows, maybe they add some new skin tones

like Hogan skin, The Rock skin, and new black skin tone

atleast they tell us from the start, decision is yours to buy it or not

Hit & weight detection sound intresting, I wanna see that in action

About the commentator, I wish they really focused on that next year

it's just getting boring :(

I wanna see if there is any improvement on commentator since they just have one team just like year

about the skin tone, it's suck

but who knows, maybe they add some new skin tones

like Hogan skin, The Rock skin, and new black skin tone

atleast they tell us from the start, decision is yours to buy it or not

Hit & weight detection sound intresting, I wanna see that in action

About the commentator, I wish they really focused on that next year

it's just getting boring :(

I wanna see if there is any improvement on commentator since they just have one team just like year

True, but the problem is like people like me, mixed breed.. hard to get the right skin tone for my caw either too light or too dark... maybe i shouldn't have tanned so much over the summers as a kid.. oh well i'll adjust to it... hopefully

Q: Is the Skin Color Hue wheel back for CAWs or do we still have preset colors only?

A: Unfortunately the Skin Color Hue wheel is not back for Create-A-Superstar. We will address this feedback next year. We apologize for not being able to address this feedback for WWE '12.

( ! )

They knew that was a problem a few days after launch last year along with transparency, things were said early about a possible patch, but ultimately nothing came of it. Is it crazy then to have thought they'd act on it next game?

One season is way too optimistic to put both transparency and the colour chart back in, lol

Alongside the continuing move problem, looks like the game's already going to be a short rental or two this time.

It'd be different if there were more than 3 colours in the short selections that resembled real skintones maybe but lime green, dead white, jet black, charcoal grey and purple etc are pretty worthless aren't they.

Real poor guys.

Archived