Good Friends, Better Enemies?

Gooner Lad

45 members have voted

1. 1. Did you prefer DX (Michaels and Triple H) as...

• A team
    • Rivals

I started watching wrestling in 1999, so I missed the initial run of D-Generation X when they first started off. To be honest, my first memories of Shawn Michaels were when he made his big comeback in 2002. Since then I’ve managed to see loads of his old stuff with Triple H and Chyna (and the New Age Outlaws too), and although a lot of it was cool, my favourite interactions between Triple H and HBK were when they were long-time rivals from 2002 to 2004. I enjoyed the DX reform in 2006 onwards, but it’s still the great matches they had in that two year period that I enjoyed the most out of them.

But what do you guys think? Did you prefer Shawn Michaels and Triple H as a team, or as rivals?

Welcome to Caws! =]

I personally prefer them as rivals. They've put on great matches against each other multiple times, and they have a fluent connection in the ring. Saying that however, if it was purely based on promos, D Generation X would win hands down. When you have those two on the mic at the same time, you know that you're in for a treat.

I've always loved DX, from their original inception back in 97, even in their numerous reunions. Their final run from 09-10 was pretty flat but I didn't mind it.

But as rivals, they always had great matches. From Shawn's return in 02 to the end of their rivalry in 04, so many of their matches are among my favorites. The Chambers, the various hardcore and street fight type matches, the Hell in a Cell, they were great every time. So I'd have to say I enjoy them more as enemies then as partners.

Welcome to Caws! =]

Thanks!

Like most have already said, these guys have had great matches against each other. The Chamber, hell in a cell, the SummerSlam street fight, the 2 out of 3 falls at Armageddon, the triple threats with Benoit, etc. It's a long list.

I misread the poll answers and it looked like "A-Team" so I pressed it quickly :lol:

:lol:

They created one of the few feuds in the last decade that I feel was truly great. It became an event in itself whenever the two of them would be on opposite ends of the ring after their Summerslam 2002 match when Shawn made his return to the company.

Yea, HBK & HHH as enemies never failed to be entertaining. I remember when HBK came back and he was doing the commissioner role for a short while, and this was before or after his retirement, he got the salute by X-Pac and NAG, they said their farewells and he walked out the door. RAW comes back from commercial break and HBK is laying face first with his head through a windshield. It was HBK's write-off, but basically the whole thing was. a result of HHH's betrayal. I remember going to bed that night feeling so emotional wondering how anyone could do that to HBK.

Then you can't forget when HBK finally returned to in-ring action and won the title in the Elimination Chamber, during the period where Evolution pretty much ran RAW. And the PPV Street Fight (forgot which PPV), which was great, but lead to an even greater match at Summer Slam.

Definitely one of the feuds that made me a life long fan, I'd take them two facing each other over DX any day.

Yea, HBK & HHH as enemies never failed to be entertaining. I remember when HBK came back and he was doing the commissioner role for a short while, and this was before or after his retirement, he got the salute by X-Pac and NAG, they said their farewells and he walked out the door. RAW comes back from commercial break and HBK is laying face first with his head through a windshield. It was HBK's write-off, but basically the whole thing was. a result of HHH's betrayal. I remember going to bed that night feeling so emotional wondering how anyone could do that to HBK.

Then you can't forget when HBK finally returned to in-ring action and won the title in the Elimination Chamber, during the period where Evolution pretty much ran RAW. And the PPV Street Fight (forgot which PPV), which was great, but lead to an even greater match at Summer Slam.

Definitely one of the feuds that made me a life long fan, I'd take them two facing each other over DX any day.

Pretty sure HBK returned to the ring at SummerSlam.

Pretty sure HBK returned to the ring at SummerSlam.

He did, in a match with Triple H, in which he particpated in jeans and boots. The match I'm talking about is where he wore the Brown trunks and began to wrestle again on a consistent basis.

Welcome to Caws! =]

I personally prefer them as rivals. They've put on great matches against each other multiple times, and they have a fluent connection in the ring. Saying that however, if it was purely based on promos, D Generation X would win hands down. When you have those two on the mic at the same time, you know that you're in for a treat.

No matter what anybody else says in more detail this is exsactly what i think.

Archived