Who do you like more?

ColdBloodEnigma

WWE shows a pretty strong heel bias in my opinion, often attempting to make their heels a lot more interesting and ultimately ignoring the faces of the roster. There is a lot of potential for excitement on the face side of the roster right now, but WWE have really 'played it safe' with their faces recently. Back in the day you had Macho Man, Ultimate Warrior, Hulk Hogan, Ricky Steamboat and many more, you had all of these guys who were faces but they were unique, they were exciting and that is definitely what the WWE needs right now.

So, with that being said, the heels right now are more interesting, but the two sides do have the potential to be equal.

The heels usually have better gimmicks whist faces do the same stuff. It depends who it is tbh, for example, I like R-Truth but I can't stand Cody Rhodes or Alberto Del Rio.

The problem with faces is that they're really one dimensional. Unless your a main event face, not many really get to talk very often or develop a character or personality.

Take R-Truth as an example. Lately he's been one of the most interesting guys they have, and because he's gotten to talk, to develop this paranoid, crazy character. As a face, all he ever did was rap and dance. No character building, no real opportunities to speak, nothing.

Heels are usually the more interesting guys as it is, but faces in WWE can be so generic and devoid of personality, that you almost automatically wanna like the heels more.

Heels and Tweeners. Faces if they are interesting, flawed, anti-heros, byronic

This. Heels are what make wrestling worth watching for me these days. If a face is edgy and rough around the edges rather than a goody two shoes superhero, he can also be the most interesting guy on the roster. But right now that's not the case, so heels, hands down.

Depends really. I usually like both, if done right. But like many have already stated, alot of the faces in WWE right now are generic and boring while the heels are pretty entertaining. Then of course there are wrestlers that no matter what they are, I still like them, like CM Punk and Christian for example.

All I really care about is seeing a good match.

When it comes to characters, it doesn't matter whether they're face or heel. Part of what makes wrestling cool is that you can cheer for whoever you want for whatever reason. Personally, I like realistic characters with a lot of depth. I think guys like John Cena and Randy Orton are some of the most boring characters in television history. They're totally one dimensional. Nothing about them ever changes and we can't really relate to them at all.

So I prefer the more realistic gimmicks. I think every gimmick should have its own backstory that sets a wrestler apart from everyone else. They should all have different motives and different ways of doing things. So I'm a big fan of guys like CM Punk, Raven, Jon Moxley, Mick Foley, and Muhammad Hassan. I think ECW had the best wrestling gimmicks of all time.

I'd like both equally, but most faces don't have a real character (besides Cena, Orton and Undertaker/Triple H). For example Kane is boring as a face now, while, exactly one year ago, he had so much personality with that Undertaker-Storyline and was the most interesting Superstar from SmackDown!

I currently like the Heels more (CM Punk, The Miz, Del Rio, R-Truth, Wade Barrett, etc.).

Back when i was young i liked heels my favs were always Terry Funk, Mr Perfect, Rick Rude, Roddy Piper & Bobby Heenan (in that order) but remembering back to then the only face who i liked was Ricky Steamboat i think i was a evil sadistic kid as i've never really liked many faces back then & always wanted to see them get crippled. I actually remember dispising Hulk Hogan profusely & i'm probably one of a small group of people who has hated Hogan throught out his career & still do to this day same goes for Warrior.

Archived