Official Destination X PPV Discussion

Misatouki

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alright PPV, but I would have rathered Low Ki win instead of Austin, because I didn't see much of Low Ki/Kaval in WWE, but thats just my opinion. I haven't seen much of Austin Aries either, I hope he doesn't disappoint.

Austin Aries could be TNA's CM Punk.

You do just mean talented and in the main event, and not talented, in the main event, but misused right?

Alright PPV, but I would have rathered Low Ki win instead of Austin, because I didn't see much of Low Ki/Kaval in WWE, but thats just my opinion. I haven't seen much of Austin Aries either, I hope he doesn't disappoint.

No doubt Low Ki can get down in the ring, but Aries is an all around entertainer. No doubt if dude was 6'1 or so the WWE would have been drooling over him years ago.

Tons of truth there! If Austin Aries was that size and could still do all the things he does, that plus his charisma and penchant for being an excellent natural heel, he would be like a 5 time WWE champion right now and they would probably have zero use for the Miz because Austin is better on the mic than him by a bit and better in the ring by a million miles.

I'd like to see Low Ki get a TNA contract though too. I mean, I've already seen Ki in like every format, TNA, NJPW, ROH, even WWE briefly. TNA is actually doing things with their X-Division now, so it would make sense to hire Low Ki as well.

It was a great ppv. Ultimate X was good,not the best one ever but with the people in it,it wasnt expected. The four way was fantasic. It is truly a shame that all 4 can not be signed. They all did a amazing job. Jerry vs Rob Van Dam was amazing. I really liked Jerry tricking RVD like that with the chair. Aj vs Daniels was amazing. It wasnt the fast paced match everyone thought but if that was in a ROH ring or in Japan,everyone would of loved it. It was a technical and outsmarting matched. Doug Williams did a great job with Mark Haskins. Gen Me vs Eric Young/Shark boy was cool but it was mainly for comedy purposes. I loved seeing Curry Man. Still shocked no petey or sonjay or surprise returns. Kendrick vs Abyss did its job to tell the David vs Goliath type story. Glad to see the title back in the X-division.

Man, this PPV really made me realize how much I really do miss the six-sided ring. :(

Great show all-around. Solid matches from start to finish, not to mention the fiery crowd being involved in every match made it that much more interesting.

Austin Aries could be TNA's CM Punk.

You do just mean talented and in the main event, and not talented, in the main event, but misused right?

yes.

I suppose I'm one of the few who didn't even care/notice that the ring had two extra sides? Apart from not even caring it was there, I noticed that it caused a few problems for people. As I said, it was going to make the wrestling more awkward as I saw Kazarian, Mark Haskins, RVD, Jack Evans, Low Ki and AJ Styles all look like they were going to slip on the top rope (in Haskins' ans AJ's case, they did).

I suppose I'm one of the few who didn't even care/notice that the ring had two extra sides? Apart from not even caring it was there, I noticed that it caused a few problems for people. As I said, it was going to make the wrestling more awkward as I saw Kazarian, Mark Haskins, RVD, Jack Evans, Low Ki and AJ Styles all look like they were going to slip on the top rope (in Haskins' ans AJ's case, they did).

Yeah i really didn't notice the ring change for the most part. The few times it really stuck out to me is when i saw wrestlers sorta working around it, as if they forgot there was a turnbuckle where there would usually be a rope to bounce off of.

Man, this PPV really made me realize how much I really do miss the six-sided ring. :(

Great show all-around. Solid matches from start to finish, not to mention the fiery crowd being involved in every match made it that much more interesting.

This. I don't know but I think Destination X will win that Best Major Show award from the Wrestling Observer Newsletter.

the Kazarian - Joe match was horrible, none of these two really showed what they are capable of....

the williams - haskins match was a match I didnt care for one bit...

the Bucks vs Young&SharkBoy match was entertaining but wasnt a really high standard match

Ultimate X was a complete disappointment in my opinion... there never really an exciting moment because it was always pretty clear that a guy climbing up wouldnt make it, and Moore coming down from the steel support column was also kinda dumb, because he kicked down one guy but clearly saw that Shelley was about to reach the X too, so instead of trying to kick him down too, he makes a desperate move hanging on to the X without really having a chance of actually getting it because of leaving himself wide open to Shelley...

To me this match was a total disappointment, considering what I thought it would be like, in my opinion it was even worse than the opening bout...

RVD - Jerry Lynn however was a pretty solid, pretty entertaining match with a couple of nice moves here and there and a good finish... second best match of the night in my opinion

The Fatal-4 Way with Aries, Ion, Evans & Low Ki was an absolute slobberknocker!! It was amazing to watch, exciting from the first second till the last and filled with explosive action, great moves... a picture perfect example of how a good Fatal-4 Way match should look like... You could really feel that all of them wanted to put on a great show in order to maybe convince TNA management that they all deserve a contract, which judging by this match they certainly do

Kendrick - Abyss was well it was O.K. but definately nothing to write home about... For a guy that watched wrestling as long as me it was clear from the beginning, that if Kendrick was to win the title he wouldnt be able to pull it off without outside interference, so for me this match in its entirety was totally foreseeable

Styles - Daniels for me only was the 3rd best match on the card... It was good yeah, maybe a bit too long, and definately not on the level as both mens earlier encounters..

It was a good match though, showed that the two are always able to put on a good match but in the overall statistic of the Styles vs Daniels matches this one was the worst... which doesnt mean that it was bad though, just not as good as I hoped it would be...

Overall for me Destination X was just an OK PPV.... Its a once in a year thing and im happy about that because in my opinion a good PPV just needs to have a Tag Team Title and a World Title Bout...

I would give it 6/10 stars but i definately recommend to every wrestling fan in the world to watch the Fatal 4 way incase they missed it... that was one for the ages but one great match doesnt make a good PPV for me....

In the end I felt a bit disappointed since only the Fatal-4 way and the RVD-Lynn match really lived up the hype... all other matches were either just bad, disappointing, foreseeable or just not as good as they should have been...

Archived