Online is pissing me off. massively.

ltjfan

its so fricken annoying. some people just ruin the game completely and take all the fun out of it.

i keep noticing the same people being the same people doing all the same shit. not that im against

having a favourite character or anything. but my god, get lost doing the same old shit, like theres

this guy who keeps being edge, he'll grapple the *censored* out of you and its impossible to reverse because of the tiny bit lag

then whip you into the corner and you cant reverse his signature moves. He'll do all three, then spear you, game over.

Do people care that much about victorys? How can that be fun?

its so fricken annoying. some people just ruin the game completely and take all the fun out of it.

i keep noticing the same people being the same people doing all the same shit. not that im against

having a favourite character or anything. but my god, get lost doing the same old shit, like theres

this guy who keeps being edge, he'll grapple the *censored* out of you and its impossible to reverse because of the tiny bit lag

then whip you into the corner and you cant reverse his signature moves. He'll do all three, then spear you, game over.

Do people care that much about victorys? How can that be fun?

write here your black list

I've played this game online one time.

First match was fair, and totally awesome. I was stoked on it and went on to the next match.

2nd match was a strong grapple spammer, I got the upper hand and he quit.

3rd match, same thing. I gave up.

It sucks, it's way more fun to play this game WITH a friend against the AI then online. Sadly the AI tops out way to early and the hardest difficulty is easily mastered in a day. I started the game day one on it, kinda wishing I hadn't.

Im confused as to what some people want in a match- I dont call anyone a 'spammer' because everything is reversible or blockable. So you fought a striker..every Brawler in the game begins their combos with strikes for that matter 99% of the roster.

Every day I read a post where there is a complaint- 'All they did was spring off the ropes','all they did was punch punch punch','all they did was grapple grapple grapple'- So what is acceptable match behavior? If I use Sheamus should I ignore his combos that all start with punches and just try to out grapple my opponent? If I have Rey Jr and you have Undertaker am I supposed to try and stand toe to toe and fight?just ignore rope springs and top rope moves? You can stop Brawleers by blocking the first or second punch,you can stop a grapple chain by reversing first or second or even third grapple,you can stop a flyer with punches and flying tackles.

If someone grapples the piss out of me and I get beat because I didn't reverse anything then thats my problem- I dont understand why thats THEIR problem or why they should be considered spammers or crappy players. If someone just punches you in the face until you flash red and they beat you- your main problem should be your inability to hit the RB button.

Im nice- if I know you or played you in the past I'll do a move and actually let you up off the mat,if I don't know you and its not a player match I'll make it a point to destroy you because lord knows if you lose a ranked match that person is going to talk smack and I aint in the mood to hear a 12 yr old talk shite to me.

So your a spammer. When i play online its akk about hitting cool moves and having fair games. Spamming to me is a guy who sits waits and as soon as you start standing up o look hard grapple bullshit. Its allways with edge its boring. Dont get me wrong if i see someone pick edge i have a fair idea they are about to spam grapple so out comes my kurt angle and i beat the shit outta them. Is it only me that likes seeing all the moves in a match and not the same one over and over and over

Im confused as to what some people want in a match- I dont call anyone a 'spammer' because everything is reversible or blockable. So you fought a striker..every Brawler in the game begins their combos with strikes for that matter 99% of the roster.

Every day I read a post where there is a complaint- 'All they did was spring off the ropes','all they did was punch punch punch','all they did was grapple grapple grapple'- So what is acceptable match behavior? If I use Sheamus should I ignore his combos that all start with punches and just try to out grapple my opponent? If I have Rey Jr and you have Undertaker am I supposed to try and stand toe to toe and fight?just ignore rope springs and top rope moves? You can stop Brawleers by blocking the first or second punch,you can stop a grapple chain by reversing first or second or even third grapple,you can stop a flyer with punches and flying tackles.

If someone grapples the piss out of me and I get beat because I didn't reverse anything then thats my problem- I dont understand why thats THEIR problem or why they should be considered spammers or crappy players. If someone just punches you in the face until you flash red and they beat you- your main problem should be your inability to hit the RB button.

Im nice- if I know you or played you in the past I'll do a move and actually let you up off the mat,if I don't know you and its not a player match I'll make it a point to destroy you because lord knows if you lose a ranked match that person is going to talk smack and I aint in the mood to hear a 12 yr old talk shite to me.

Totally agree

So your a spammer. When i play online its akk about hitting cool moves and having fair games. Spamming to me is a guy who sits waits and as soon as you start standing up o look hard grapple bullshit. Its allways with edge its boring. Dont get me wrong if i see someone pick edge i have a fair idea they are about to spam grapple so out comes my kurt angle and i beat the shit outta them. Is it only me that likes seeing all the moves in a match and not the same one over and over and over

Well what the hell do you want people to do with the grapplers? bounce off the ropes? come off the top rope? Obviously if you can 'whip out' Kurt Angle and beat the shite out of them then what are you complaining about? Someone show me a Randy Orton match on tape where he hits a move and then politely lets you get up,straighten your tights out and then re-starts the match.

What do people want? I hit a move and then retreat to a neutral corner until you get up and regroup? Kind of defeats the purpose of chain grappling. Personally I mainly use brawlers and yes their combos start with punches and yes I'm going to tag your arse with a combo as you are getting up- hit the 'RB' if you want to stop it.

Why is it the weak players always have something to complain about? If you can't block one damn punch then why am I obligated to beat you with someones' entire moveset? what do you need? all four sigs,8 different grapples and some cool fancy juggling tricks? great then look me up- thebaronlives88: bring Kurt Angle I'll use whatever character you pick for me and make you my b!tch with as many moves you desire.

And if you are the same BigDog I played online a few weeks ago then dont bother because you already quit on me after getting smoked by me using Sheamus- yeah I was the one with a full green bar left.

This is what I went up against.

Opponent hops out of ring and taunts until A. he has a sig or two, or B. I get out. He slides back in, stron grapple spam, I reverse it, he then gets up and gets out of the ring.

Repeat.

I can still win matches, but it's boring to deal with this, not to mention I only play online once every couple of months anyway.

You can taunt and get a star for sig? nope- so you fought an idiot. I think of it like classic WWE/F matches- you got your Crash Hollys' and Santinos' that hop in and out of the ring trying to get cheap shots, You got you Randy Orton who are on you right from the bell and your Hitman types players who let the fight come to them. Until someone posts the address of a house of bikini models who want to have sex with high ranked All Stars players- I don't care how anyone plays or if I win or lose.

• 2 weeks later...

As much as I enjoy playing online, there's always comes a match where the opponent decides to test my patience by rolling out of the ring to offset the flow of a match. He/she could even be winning, but as soon as I mount some sort of offense, they run to the outside and wait for me to follow them so they can greet me with a hard grapple or a charged punch, or whatever their character's special ability is. The hard grapple spammer I have a problem with, but at least you have a chance to reverse the move. To win in this game, you better know how to reversal, cuz that's saved me plenty of times. The fate of the match can depend on one crucial reversal. Hurts when you lose, but feels great when you win. I just wished they fix the goddamn lag among other random online issues.

Im looking forward to the patch that was talked about recently on the THQ All Stars forums- they are patching the 'grapple easily because your opponent is getting up off the mat and can't reverse or block'- 90% of everyone I meet for a match has the same strategy hit a move-you are getting up they grapple you-hit a move knock you down-grapple you as your getting up. True you can reverse the move once they have their hands on you but its going to be a waaay different story if you can now push them off you even while you are getting up off the mat.

Well what the hell do you want people to do with the grapplers? bounce off the ropes? come off the top rope? Obviously if you can 'whip out' Kurt Angle and beat the shite out of them then what are you complaining about? Someone show me a Randy Orton match on tape where he hits a move and then politely lets you get up,straighten your tights out and then re-starts the match.

What do people want? I hit a move and then retreat to a neutral corner until you get up and regroup? Kind of defeats the purpose of chain grappling. Personally I mainly use brawlers and yes their combos start with punches and yes I'm going to tag your arse with a combo as you are getting up- hit the 'RB' if you want to stop it.

Why is it the weak players always have something to complain about? If you can't block one damn punch then why am I obligated to beat you with someones' entire moveset? what do you need? all four sigs,8 different grapples and some cool fancy juggling tricks? great then look me up- thebaronlives88: bring Kurt Angle I'll use whatever character you pick for me and make you my b!tch with as many moves you desire.

And if you are the same BigDog I played online a few weeks ago then dont bother because you already quit on me after getting smoked by me using Sheamus- yeah I was the one with a full green bar left.

I think the problem is that these players are trying to apply logic from the SVR games into All Stars. They think that because just spamming strike combos and doing nothing else is cheap in SVR, its automatically cheap in All Stars.

What they don't understand is that they're completely different experiences. As you've said time and time again in this topic, Brawlers are supposed to strike over and over again. Its their playing style; they're called brawlers for a reason. Same goes with the other classes. You're 100% in the right in this.

Out of 10 matches, I'm lucky to finish even 5 of them cuz the connection drops and throws me back into the lobby. It might have more to do with the quality of the connection than anything else, but it happens way too often.

Out of 10 matches, I'm lucky to finish even 5 of them cuz the connection drops and throws me back into the lobby. It might have more to do with the quality of the connection than anything else, but it happens way too often.

I don't think its the connection every single time. This game is sadly pretty notorious for players quitting in matches when things aren't going their way.

I don't think its the connection every single time. This game is sadly pretty notorious for players quitting in matches when things aren't going their way.

True, but I've only had one instance when it was obvious that I was disconnected on(was about to hit my finisher), every other time, it'll be in the midst of a heated exchange or a turnbuckle move. It could be in the beginning of the match where nothing has even happened and right where we're about to fight, I find myself looking at the Cena/Hogan loading screen, and I'm back at the lobby.

Archived