A TNA Up-Rising

So...Its been a WHILE since I have a thread. College is a crazy life. But its summer and I am back on the Forums and I felt like making a post. I posted this LONG WHILE ago but the age old question remains....To Bring TNA to the forefrunt and be a legit competitor with WWE, what would have to be done? The last time I posted this, most people replied with TNA having to go Live on Mondays and restart the Monday Night Wars. Obviously that didnt work. Also, this was before the Hogan-Bischoff-Flair era that is currently happening. Last time I posted this, I am not sure if TNA was in HD! LOL But anyway, I have been a fan of TNA for a few year now (since Christian was NWA champion and Angle made his debut) and I see TNA as a grea corp. with a lot of potiential. My only beef is the misuse of talent (lately seems very reminiscent of the final years of WCW) and I dont want TNA to end up that way. My question to my fellow CAWS Forum readers is In You Opinion, REALISTICALLY What would TNA have to do to gain popularity/steam to be a forced to be reckoned with? (Sorry for the long read

Do more LIVE shows.

- this will cut down on spoilers which i believe kill their ratings to a certain degree.

Add a 2nd show - they have a large roster, they need to start using people more often.

Pushing more younger talent even more. Legends/old veterans should not be in the neverending spotlight.

Hire a new F'N writer - ALOT of TNA's storylines are garbage (and im a big TNA fan) its kinda hard to watch most of the time. The storylines go no where and make no sense.

e.g. Samoa Joe was kidnapped a while back by a van full of guys. He came back like nothing happend WTF?

e.g. #2 - Sting/Hogan - utterly boring and stale now due to horrible writing/booking over the past year or so. this is going nowhere quick. If Sting is suppose to be getting rid of Hogan, then f'n do it. Why go off and win the TNA title and spend your time defending it and fueding with other guys instead of doing what was originally said?

I think the main problem is that most of the guys watching WWE although they are not feeling it anymore dont give TNA a chance...

maybe they tune in once in a while but that aint enough in my opinion, because if you really want to get a connection to a shows atmosphere you should watch at least 2 full episodes of it...

I agree with VesselMaker. They have soooo much talent! I wish it all would get put to use! Even some of the guys not the roster anymore like Petey Williams, Sonjay, Black Machismo put on some great matches! AJ Styles was ranked #1 wrestler last year by PWI!!! Use the talent. The only legit stars TNA brought in from WWE that made a significant impact IMO is Christian Cage & Angle. (Maybe Jeff Jardy & Anderson on good days.) But push the talent you have! Also like The00Raven00Effect said, Vince Russo can be a ally or a hinderance. The Hogan Show is getting old fast but I think Bischoff could be an ally. Bischoff is a wrestling genius but like Russo can be a hinderance. Given the right decision making, Bischoff could be the one to bring TNA out of the funk but Hogan (and a lot of the older talent) HAVE to go (but in a way they are kind of needed to help put some of the younger talent over IMO)

Pushing more younger talent even more. Legends/old veterans should not be in the neverending spotlight.

When people say this, I really doubt they even watch the show. Kazarian, Brian Kendrick, Mr. Anderson, Gunner, Eric Young, Beer Money, AJ Styles, Crimson, Samoa Joe and Matt Morgan, all guys that have been featured on the show quite often, are apparently old. But just because guys like Bischoff, Hogan and Sting are also getting face time, the show is suddenly being overrun by nothing but old wash-ups.

I think there are few major things that are preventing TNA from moving forward:

1. Vince Russo

2. Eric Bischoff

3. Hulk Hogan

4. Jeff Jarrett

5. Not creating enough of their own stars

Numbers 2, 3 and 4 are trying to rid TNA of your number 1, so if anything they can help. Dixie Carter has been the issue with keeping around Russo because of some sort of loyalty towards him. I'm not like most idiots here who bash Dixie like she's some sort of newcomer president of TNA that knows nothing about wrestling. People seem to forget that she's been with the company since '02, has been in the same position and has had the same power she had back then. The only difference between now and then is that she became more of an on-screen character.

That is my only issue with Dixe, is keeping Russo around. He is the one and only problem with what type of product comes out on our TV/Computer screens.

1. Vince Russo

2. Eric Bischoff

3. Hulk Hogan

4. Jeff Jarrett

Numbers 2, 3 and 4 are trying to rid TNA of your number 1, so if anything they can help.

Yes, and I realize that Russo is probably the biggest problem, BUT once Russo is gone TNA is not going to magically get better. Those other guys will become the new problem. TNA will never be able to on par with the WWE to begin with and all those other guys will do is hold it back some more.

When people say this, I really doubt they even watch the show. Kazarian, Brian Kendrick, Mr. Anderson, Gunner, Eric Young, Beer Money, AJ Styles, Crimson, Samoa Joe and Matt Morgan, all guys that have been featured on the show quite often, are apparently old. But just because guys like Bischoff, Hogan and Sting are also getting face time, the show is suddenly being overrun by nothing but old wash-ups.

1. Vince Russo

2. Eric Bischoff

3. Hulk Hogan

4. Jeff Jarrett

Numbers 2, 3 and 4 are trying to rid TNA of your number 1, so if anything they can help. Dixie Carter has been the issue with keeping around Russo because of some sort of loyalty towards him. I'm not like most idiots here who bash Dixie like she's some sort of newcomer president of TNA that knows nothing about wrestling. People seem to forget that she's been with the company since '02, has been in the same position and has had the same power she had back then. The only difference between now and then is that she became more of an on-screen character.

That is my only issue with Dixe, is keeping Russo around. He is the one and only problem with what type of product comes out on our TV/Computer screens.

When you read my post, I really doubt you understood what i said. Yes, those guys are on the show. I said "NEVER ENDING SPOTLIGHT" (main attraction) they need to push guys like Aj and samoa joe back into the spotlight. If the older guys are going to be around, they need to help elevate the younger guys, not be the world champ at age 51. I know what im talking about. I watch the show every week.

Believe it or not, I used to love TNA. It served as a great alternative to WWE and had an ECW vibe about it. When Bischoff, Hogan and Russo came into things, they did get the company better known but they defaced the actual product. Hogan's name value has worn of now and they aren't going to go to any higher places now. Now would be a great time to ditch those three and go back to having a similar style as they did in say 2005-2006. Seeing as they are much more known now, older WWE fans who are fed up by WWE kiddie antics can view TNA as a more mature alternative.

I would move away from the iMPACT Zone straight away. Travelling around the USA will create more interest, and would enable higher attendances than the crammed arena they use at the minute.

I watch TNA every week, and I find that storys dont develope fast enough. They need to drop this network crap, and they need to stop hyping things that really, arent that great.

I would also stop recreating things from WCW. Immortal is almost a recreation of the nWo. The heel turn of Jeff Hardy was almost identical to Hogans. Its just lame that they cant think of anything original.

I am not saying this because I am a WWE mark. Im saying it because I want TNA to succeed so badly. I have watched for a few years and have almost given up on them on a number of occassions.

I would move away from the iMPACT Zone straight away. Travelling around the USA will create more interest, and would enable higher attendances than the crammed arena they use at the minute.

I watch TNA every week, and I find that storys dont develope fast enough. They need to drop this network crap, and they need to stop hyping things that really, arent that great.

I would also stop recreating things from WCW. Immortal is almost a recreation of the nWo. The heel turn of Jeff Hardy was almost identical to Hogans. Its just lame that they cant think of anything original.

I am not saying this because I am a WWE mark. Im saying it because I want TNA to succeed so badly. I have watched for a few years and have almost given up on them on a number of occassions.

I agree with you 100%. they desperately need to leave the impact zone. The crowd there is dead, and gets in for free! TNA could make alot of money if they simply added a few big areana to their schedual and didnt do tappings.

1. Vince Russo

2. Eric Bischoff

3. Hulk Hogan

4. Jeff Jarrett

When you read my post, I really doubt you understood what i said. Yes, those guys are on the show. I said "NEVER ENDING SPOTLIGHT" (main attraction) they need to push guys like Aj and samoa joe back into the spotlight. If the older guys are going to be around, they need to help elevate the younger guys, not be the world champ at age 51. I know what im talking about. I watch the show every week.

Samoa Joe isn't the Samoa Joe of old, he's gotten lazy and seemingly has become indifferent towards TNA the company as a whole. It's affected his ring work, he's TNA's equivalent to a WWE Matt Hardy. Putting him in the main event and he's currently like this will do them no good. AJ is pretty much an upper midcard talent as of now, he's been feuding with Bully Ray, once that ends he'll probably end up in a feud with a bigger name from Immortal. Robert Roode is reportedly scheduled to get a main event push, and eventually win the championship. The only argument you have is Sting being TNA World Champion...Other than that, in terms of air time, the show is run by the younger talents.

Dragon Gate is even worse of a shape than TNA is, from the booking to the stars themselves. Gabe is seemingly stuck in faction warfare mode since departing from ROH, it's turned off a lot of the core fanbase, of America that is, I don't know about Japan. But from what I've read, Pro Wrestling NOAH and DG are the TNA's of Japan it seems.

All TNA needs to do is make their programming entertaining and do a better job of building their talent. Which they basically haven't done, look at Pope at one point he was contending for TNA Championship, got hurt, came back and was lost in shuffle of TNA guys rhey actually care about, and those that Hogan brought in. Now they seemingly don't know what to do with him, and his once promising future in the world of wrestling, now is just a dim glimmer of hope.

Gunner, he just pinned the World Champion and a *censored*ing legend, on national TV, clean. Will a push come out of that? I doubt it...That's what's really TNA's problem, the lack of faith they have for their own locker room.

- The story lines need to really improve in my opinion. It seems TNA keeps using the "rinse and repeat" idea and it isn't working at all. It also doesn't help that when there seems to be a clear cut story in place (Sting eliminating Hogan and Bischoff) they split it to where it's all jumble (Sting VS RVD, Sting VS Anderson). It's getting annoying. If I watch scripted wrestling, I want it to be different.

- The talent roster is huge and that's a good thing, however they barely use half of the guys. People like Pope, and D-Von are only seen in live shows, dark matches, and on Xplosion (I don't think I even egt Xplosion but IW usually shows clips). It's sad and they should put more guys into the spotlight.

- They need a new show. Not like Xplosion to where only some people get it. They need something to be on WGN to possibly fill the void Superstars left. Have it be for some of the newer or up and coming talent, or some of the wrestlers who aren't seen on IW a whole lot. This gives the talent more exposure and would bring more ratings in.

- Everybody wants them to go live, and to be honest they should. As stated by VesselMaker, this would help cut down the amount of spoilers which would be leaked and would make people tune in more. This is why Raw switched from being taped, to being live because WCW used it to their advantage (Bischoff even would announce the Raw results). If it's live and people want to know what happens, they'd have to watch instead of reading what happens.

- Another thing is that it seems lately that TNA is just getting rid of people, but not even writing them off of the shows. And if you need proof, Jay Lethal.

- Get rid of Russo, hire someone who knows how to work with what they got.

- Significantly lower airtime for Hogan and Bischoff. Use it to make new stars.

- Re-Fortify the X-Divison. It made for good TV.

- Stop following WWE by ruining the tag division. It was one of their best assets.

- Create new stars.

- Make Xplosion its own brand with low card talent online. Like a SuperStars.

- go on the road and do it live. The iMPACT Zone is so old and low-quality.

3 reasons why they're not moving forward as they should

Russo, (Son of a) Bischoff, and Hogan

1 reason they are moving forward

:sting: haha

but seriously 1. bischoff hogan and russo-need to be gone, as in gettin the heck out of anything with the letters T-N-A in it (hate the impact wrestling name, i've been the fan of the great TNA iMPACT ill call it what i want)

2. Work the X-Division!!! i just went to tna basebrawl last saturday and got a brown bag special (4 DVD'S AND A TSHIRT $20) and i got the best of the x division vol 1&2 so iv been watchin those, THATS HOW IT STILL SHOULD BE!!! hogan, bischoff and russo are making us forget how great it used to be, the tag division goes right along with this as well, dont shy away from it, embrace it! they need to realize their tag division is the best in the business, LEAVE IT ALONE! keep the guns, keep beer money (which i believe are the best two tag teams in the business today) get Gen Me goin, they have a lot of potential.

LONG LONG story short, just get rid of hogan bischoff and russo!

bring back Dixie

Archived