Just wondering, how old are most of you guys?

I have been playing these games since I was 12, I'm going on 23 now and still have interest in them. Many people think I need to quit my wrestling addiction, especially with the games but I just can't. This year's game, even tho I've yet to play it(buying it this week sometime) looks amazing;game play,Universe mode, community creations etc.

Can't wait to play. I already have everything planned for my universe mode haha.

But yeah in other words, am I getting too old for these games? Or is my age hardly a problem? lol

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm part of the 30+ minority who are gaming enthusiasts. It's a hobby, you can never get too old for it. Plus a lot of games that are out now have a more mature theme. This ain't the 70's/80's where gaming was all about burgertime, donkey kong & pac-man. Gaming has evolved a lot since then.This is the age of gears of war, gta, heavy rain, call of duty etc. But yea, I myself found SvR 2011 to be subpar compared to past SvR games, but it does have its strengths. But you may get a lot of enjoyment out of it, depending on what your standards are & the type of experience you're looking to attain out of a wrestling game.

im 36 and i still enjoy playing wrestling games i have plaid alot of wrestling games.

started with nes then snes then n64 ps2 now xbox but i tryed some gamecub games and ps3 and on my ps2 i have a few ps1 games too.

i tried all smackdown games, ecw games, many wcw games, even have n64 virtual pro wrestling2 games

and unlike one of my ex boss who thinks that past 18 you should stop enjoying life and only think of workign and home duity i think it doesnt matter how old you are you play the kind of games you like.

my mom till her death at 65 yrs old was still playing on her nes tetris games and dr mario games and it was her right its not cause she was over 50'S that mean she couldnt enjoy her kind of games. even she learned abit of pc a few years ago wile i was doing my informatic training (im network manager IT) and the school gave out some old pc and i got her one ofcourse all she was doing was playing card game but now she knew how to turn on and off a pc wish a few year before she didnt knew.

i had to show her tho but its ok she was happy to ply those games still

see she was quite old and knew to enjoy her time. and playing games is enjoying our free time as we wish. as long as someone said ealier it doesnt stop you from going to work. and seeing your friends the time i played less was the time i had a girlfriend who had kids cause i was more bussy taking care of her and the kids. but still when i had time i played to my games even my gf never stoped me to get my wrestling games she knew i was a big wrestling fan.

even im a wrestling manager i still dont loose work for it like my new job stop me from going to wrestling i miss it yes but i have to work i just set my priority

Aren't the games 18's?, Do you feel you are too old for other 18 games like Call of Duty or GTA?, They are both the same rating so you'd be too old for them as well as SVR.

As long as the gaming doesn't take over your life, you're fine. If you find yourself surrounded by takeout boxes and roaches the size of your fist, then you have a problem. I'm 28 with a wife and two kids, and I still play. Like all fun things in life, it's best enjoyed in moderation.

If something is still fun for you then really there shouldnt be an age limit if your still enjoying it. Im 21 and Have been playing wrestling games for as long as i remember. The first one i ever played was WWF Raw for the sega genesis however many years ago that was.

21. I've played every WWE, WCW, and ECW game that's been released. Even the stupid TNA game.

Most of the games are fun, but I maintain that one of the best is No Mercy on N64.

That's one of the good things about wrestling games. They can be enjoyed at any age.

I'm currently 23 turning 24 next month. I've been playing wrestling games ever since I can remember. It all started for me with Wrestle-mania: The Arcade Game on the SNES. From there it went to Attitude and War-zone. Then, of course, every single SD game to date. The majority of what kept me playing, was playing with friends and relatives that enjoyed wrestling.

Now, with the SVR now WWE series, my main enjoyment comes out of playing online with friends. I've been in and help run an online league for almost three years now and playing with those guys, doing storylines and feuds, keeps me coming back to these games. With each new release, things get more and more interesting. Now, if only they could fix the horrid lag online. :lol:

There's never an age that prevents you from doing what YOU want to do(of course there's old age but that's an exception).You are not going to get another life,enjoy as much as you want,how you want all in one life...before its too late.:)

There's never an age that prevents you from doing what YOU want to do(of course there's old age but that's an exception).You are not going to get another life,enjoy as much as you want,how you want all in one life...before its too late.

this pretty much sums up this topic..

and I'm 36.. been playing video games, ever since I got my 1st Atari for Christmas when I was 6..

I'm playing (and watching) wrestling just since the end of 2009^^

But I already buy older games and watched nearly every PPV from the past eight years.

I think with 18 since wednesday I'm not to old.

...What a question?

Their is no age you should have to be a fan...

I'm turning 20 a week from now and I don't see how you could be too old to enjoy video games. It's a hobby like any other and our generation (and even more so the next one) will be the ones who remove that prejudice against gamers. It's just old fashioned to think that video games are juvenile - we're the generation that grew up with video games and the ones who enjoy it will keep playing them past their childhood. There's nothing wrong with that.

im 21, been watching it since i was 7 and have played every smackdown game, day of reckoning, no mercy, wrestlemania, warzone, attitude. right down to the gameboy. and i still get the same enjoyment out this years game as i probly will do next years game. there shouldnt be a limit on things like this as long as it doesnt take over your life. gaming is as much a hobby as sport or knitting or anything that you take an interest in to pass the time, and when it comes to wrestling in particular, its no different to watching soaps IMO. so dont worry about it, do the things you love, you aint never too old.

Archived