Why is it wrong?

101rsmith

If someone hits you, it's perfectly fine to retaliate with a hit of your own. As far as I'm concerned, gender is irrelevant. An eye for an eye. I don't follow that whole 'real men (whatever the hell that's supposed to mean) don't hit women' rule.

However, this only applies when it comes to equal force. For example, if a girl were to straight-up punch a guy in the face, I'd consider it perfectly fair if the guy punched her back. However, if a girl were to merely shove a guy or something, and the dude responds by punching her in the face, then that's just pathetic, and completely unnecessary.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If someone hits you, it's perfectly fine to retaliate with a hit of your own. As far as I'm concerned, gender is irrelevant. An eye for an eye. I don't follow that whole 'real men (whatever the hell that's supposed to mean) don't hit women' rule.

However, this only applies when it comes to equal force. For example, if a girl were to straight-up punch a guy in the face, I'd consider it perfectly fair if the guy punched her back. However, if a girl were to merely shove a guy or something, and the dude responds by punching her in the face, then that's just pathetic, and completely unnecessary.

Probably the most logical post in this thread.

@ The guys saying it isn't right to hit at all: Fair play. But then it all comes down to the situation a person is put in.

We all have our own takes on things, but you are worldly enough to know how most of Western/European societies view striking women.

Like I said, everyone is aware of "the unwritten rule" and anyone risks breaking it at their own peril. Just becuase someone justfies it "rationally" doesn't mean that their guys out there that will tolerate that behavior when they see it.

I just don't hit women and won't allow a guy to get away with it without some sort of confrentation if I see it out in public. I'm not the only one that feels that way.

Whatever your thought procecess, it is always better to walk away from a situation like that. I'm not saying I haven't been in a fight and I've always "turned the other cheek", but in most cases... I probaly should have. (Even when it came to getting into a fight with dudes that were beating on their girlfriends. Moral stands can be a bitch sometimes; I suppose.)

Yea may not be the best example of what WhiteRhyno is saying but even though some of the Jersey Shore cast didn't like her or really knew her yet, you all saw how everyone at the bar went apeshit on that guy that punched Snooki in the first season...

...and the fact this chick is popular you say? Yea you hit her, and there will be hell to pay. They won't care what size you are, you don't have many friends so no backup, they'll find you after school, track you down, and they may use something blunt like a pipe or a baseball bat on you, and hit you till you probably have to go to the hospital or worse. Hell her Father may join in on trying to kick your ass.

It's just not something to do in this kinda society there are no long term benefits or vindication. The only way to justifiably hit a woman is in a life threatening self defense scenario which you're not in.

We all have our own takes on things, but you are worldly enough to know how most of Western/European societies view striking women.

True. I was just proposing a more rational reasoning, even though I know most men don't see it the same way I do (especially in the heat of the moment, when pure emotion takes over).

Like you said, though, it's usually best to just walk away from situations like that.

LOL @ This topic.

Here is how I look at it. If a girl feels she is competent enough to strike a man (not a slap but a real punch or some type of vicious strike that will do real damage), Then she should always be prepared to face the potential of a man striking back. Whether this is socially acceptable or not, is not the point. People who are willing to act had better be ready to reap the outcome and the follow-up and not hide behind social norms or values. That is cowardice.

If a guy pisses me off to the point where I really feel the need to punch him, (and provided I actually do bring myself to.) I know damn well I could be walking into a real fight. I will as well do my best to not get my ass kicked in said fight. HOWEVER, if I feel like I am too physically outmatched or fear that it wont be just my ass getting kicked and may be worse be it death, hospitalization, rape, etc. I have a few small contingency plans. I do have a CA-DOJ concealed weapons permit, and as well am pretty damn good with a Bailsong. If a man is going to try and hit me he better be ready to face his consequences.

I'm surprised no-one has mentioned the fact that it's wrong to punch anyone at all. It's not more wrong to punch a woman than it is to punch a man.

You're basically asking why it's illegal to punch someone.

I was thinking that. How is hitting a women/man equal rights, when aggresion isn't even a right!

So basically i can't do anything? I just have to stand there and make a joke out of me?

By ignoring her jabs, you are doing something. By stoically showing everyone her petty attempts to distress you have no effect; you are showing everyone how pathetic she is.

Who enjoys watching someone trying to annoy someone that isn't looking for confrenataion?

I'm sure she will have some friends that will laugh along with her. (Bullies always have gallery) The thing is, even they will get tired of it after a while. It is simply not fun to *censored* with someone who doesn'y fight back.

When you try to verbally joust with her; you lose the ability to take the high road and any sympathy/respect you may gain from outsiders is flushed down the toilet.

It sounds like she is *censored*ing with you just to get a rise out of you and you take the bait every time. Eliminate the incentive for her to make your life miserable; don't let her.

I remember when this thread was interesting... when dog started the same exact thread, but actually made it an interesting debate.

I honestly feel this thread could be closed. Not because of controversy, but simply due to redundancy. I mean seriously how many times can we be expected to discuss the same crap in the span of a few months????

I remember when this thread was interesting... when dog started the same exact thread, but actually made it an interesting debate.

I honestly feel this thread could be closed. Not because of controversy, but simply due to redundancy. I mean seriously how many times can we be expected to discuss the same crap in the span of a few months????

Short memories, man.

If it ain't on the front page, it never exsisted.

So basically i can't do anything? I just have to stand there and make a joke out of me?

Why give a shit? School's almost over in a couple of weeks, after that, continue on with your life and forget what she did or said. Dude, its almost summer. You gonna let everyone light your fuse and end on an even worse note?

Archived