[PS2] How to create high quality realistic movesets in SVR2010

How to create high quality realistic movesets

These guide lines should be used when creating movesets for SVR2010 to ensure the movesets will play out realistically in matches by the AI.

These things could should also be considered when converting movesets from caws.ws or something to svredit export format.

Things to think about

1. The finisher and favourite spots

Only use moves that end matches in reality in these spots. I know the title says favourite but the game treats these moves as weaker finishers, just like the older games did with stored finishers. Also don't be afraid to repeat moves.

Examples:

Sid Justice: Finisher one and two are both Jacknife powerbomb, favourite one is One handed chokeslam and two is Jacknife powerbomb.

The Pope: Finisher one is DDE and two is Codebreaker, favourite one DDE and two is Codebreaker.

Mr. Anderson: Finisher one is Green Bay Plunge and two is Mic Check, favourite one Mic Check and two is Mic Check.

Ric Flair: Finisher one is Figure-4 and two is Figure-4, favourite one Figure-4 and two is Figure-4.

Jeff Hardy: Finisher one is Swanton Bomb and two is Twist of Hate, favourite one Twist of Hate and two is Twist of Hate.

Classic Undertaker: Finisher one is Tombstone and two is Tombstone, favourite one Chokeslam and two is Tombstone.

2. The real favourite moves

Moves that are real favourites - moves used often by a wrestler but does not finish matches, should be put in the ordinary move spots.

Put them in spots that are executed more often, for example the quick grapples (with svredit you can put any move where you want it).

Alternatively repeat these moves several times in the moveset so that the chance of them being executed increases.

3. The ground strikes

Use stomps for most wrestlers.

Use stomps also as running ground strikes (svredit can set any move you want).

Strikes WILL be spammed by the game AI so take care what moves you put where.

It is not realistic to see Hulk Hogan jump up and down spamming consecutive elbow drops for example, give him one of the grapple elbow drops instead. Also The Undertaker should have the atomic legdrop without the taunt as his legdrop off the rope, not as a spammed running ground strike. Only people like RVD or Rey Mysterio should have more spectacular moves as ground strikes if the game play should be realistic.

4. The standing strikes

Check what move you put where.

The chance of each move to be executed is not equal.

Use many punches, repeat default punch if necessary.

Strikes WILL be spammed by the game AI so take care what moves you put where.

I hope you'll adopt these guide lines that I'm trying to follow myself. They have increased the quality of the game play for me.

Archived