Which game is more noob friendly?

Sam The Dude

I've been really getting interested in fighters lately. I rented Marvel vs Capcom and have been playing it alot, but I've been getting bored with it. I'm a noob at fighters, so I wanna know which is the better game to just pick up and play, Super Street Figher IV or the new Mortal Kombat. The fatalities on Mortal Kombat look sick, but I like Street Fighters characters and that you don't have to unlock any characters, since unlocking things is always a drag. It is also 40 bucks cheaper than Mortal Kombat. So which do you think is better for a noob like me?

If you intend on playing online, Street Fighter would be the way to go as the series itself can always be won on strategy and doesn't rely on long combos. In fact, SF4 doesn't have very long combos in general. Mortal Kombat on the other hand, will only have you beating other shitty players if you don't learn the long, 30-50% damage combos. In terms of offline play, both games have cheap AI, but Mortal Kombat has more offline modes in general. Probably to offset the fact MK has a shitty netcode. It really depends on what you're looking for here. Super Street Fighter IV is by far the best fighter this generation, arguably the best fighter ever. It's user-friendly which the series has always been known for, and it has a huge DLC update coming on June 7th which will offer even more to an already great package.

If you intend on playing online, Street Fighter would be the way to go as the series itself can always be won on strategy and doesn't rely on long combos. In fact, SF4 doesn't have very long combos in general. Mortal Kombat on the other hand, will only have you beating other shitty players if you don't learn the long, 30-50% damage combos. In terms of offline play, both games have cheap AI, but Mortal Kombat has more offline modes in general. Probably to offset the fact MK has a shitty netcode. It really depends on what you're looking for here. Super Street Fighter IV is by far the best fighter this generation, arguably the best fighter ever. It's user-friendly which the series has always been known for, and it has a huge DLC update coming on June 7th which will offer even more to an already great package.

You should listen to this. DAN has hit the nail right on the head. Street Fighter is a great game, as is Mortal Kombat. However, Street Fighter tends to keep me interested for longer.

I for one hated Street Fighter IV, I rented it didn't get but 1 trophy don't know how i got it. But, once you find out how to do a move your good. I'm a button masher myself and don't have time for the BS of MK.

The last MK game I bought turned me off. DC universe It was a major let down for me. Again once you learn a move it sticks. I haven't tried the newest one may end up renting but eh.

I'm a huge Tekken fan thoe I haven't got 6 yet but I know i'll enjoy it.

I guess Street Fighter IV, since you dislike unlocking. Use remaining cash for a haircut. You can play your own music while playing always a plus imo.

It's a whole lot easier to play Marvel vs Capcom, though, rather than SSFIV or MK. I'm surprised you got bored with it so soon.

Marvel vs. Capcom's system is overall user-friendly, but it does require long combos to be effective at the game as a whole.

You using a 360 yeah? Street Fighter, MVC, or any other fighting game using an xbox 360 thumbpad/d-pad can go burn in hell.

Anyways...Virtua Fighter 5 perhaps?

Has a good roster, controls are easy...well easier if you are using an Arcade Stick. But it's one of the best and deep 3D Fighting games around. Has online, and Quest mode is pretty addictive. If your a huge fighting game fan you'd enjoy it. But if your new to the genre you could get over Quest mode rather quick. Still its another option. I would also mention Dead or Alive 4 but considering you are a "noob" then I'd think you would prob rage quit and smash the controller by the time you get up to Alpha 152 lol.

Street Fighter is a good choice for the reasons of being popular, and the online community won't be dying off anytime soon. However, the combat is so skilled based you may find the ammount of skill you need to pull off combos a little off putting.

The only real noob friendly game around is MVC3, and you obviously getting bored of it so yeah. Your limited on choice unless you actually want to put effort into it.

Games you should look out for:

Virtua Fighter 5

Dead or Alive 4

Soul Calibur on XBLA

Soul Calibur 4

Tekken 6

King of Fighters 12/13 if it ever gets released.

Archived