My review's on GameFAQ's homepage.

CactusClothesline

Just thought I'll share this with you. When I'm bored, I write reviews for games. I recently wrote up a review for my first every current-gen system and that was All-Stars. GameFAQs has posted it on their homepage. What does everyone think of it?

http://www.gamefaqs.com/xbox360/997443-wwe-all-stars/reviews/review-146502

Many wrestlers dont resemble their real life counter-parts??? Def gotta disagree with that.. How can u do a review without even speaking of the online play??? Grabbing a chair is easy when u do it right.. Not something that happens "occasionally" as u put it.. I am a die hard wrestling fan and I had this game reserved, and it was def worth full price.. U feel it lacks the depth of the SvR games? Itz supposed 2, this isnt SvR, and it isnt meant 2 be like SvR.. U talked about the roster, but didnt mention each class of wrestler.. U wont get bored of the roster if u take time 2 learn character's combos and play style.. U tell people they are not going 2 want 2 play thru 2 unlock alternate attires?? How do you know they arent??? Seems like u kind of talked more about what the game isnt, instead of what the game is.. I have always felt that good reviews are unbiased, and they talk about the subject matter completely..

Many wrestlers dont resemble their real life counter-parts??? Def gotta disagree with that.. How can u do a review without even speaking of the online play??? Grabbing a chair is easy when u do it right.. Not something that happens "occasionally" as u put it.. I am a die hard wrestling fan and I had this game reserved, and it was def worth full price.. U feel it lacks the depth of the SvR games? Itz supposed 2, this isnt SvR, and it isnt meant 2 be like SvR.. U talked about the roster, but didnt mention each class of wrestler.. U wont get bored of the roster if u take time 2 learn character's combos and play style.. U tell people they are not going 2 want 2 play thru 2 unlock alternate attires?? How do you know they arent??? Seems like u kind of talked more about what the game isnt, instead of what the game is.. I have always felt that good reviews are unbiased, and they talk about the subject matter completely..

Thanks for the feedback. I may update the review with an online play section and more indepth roster part.

Thanks for the feedback. I may update the review with an online play section and more indepth roster part.

Much obliged my good sir.. I really think that a strong point of the game is the different classes of wrestlers and learning each characters moves and combos.. Thatz really the fun part.. Itz quite satisfying 2 pull off a 7 move grapple chain, or a 4 strike combo wit a signature move at the end.. Not 2 mention the different strike finishers.. Hittin some1 wit SCM, or a KO Punch from outta nowhere.. Or poppin an RKO when ur opponent jumps off the ropes!! This game really is a blast.. It stayed in my Xbox from the release day, all the way up until today..

"Gameplay: 6.5/10. This is fun and all, but I feel All-Stars lacks the depth, that the Smackdown Vs Raw series brings to the table."

lol, no.

"Roster: 5/10. The roster in this game is very small."

Wouldn't you rather have 30+ legit stars that play differently rather than 60 (of varying importance) that control the same?

"Graphics: The only downside to this is that many wrestler don't resemble their real-life counter-parts."

More like a handful.

I agree.This review is totally wrong.

It's a review. It's opinion. It can't be wrong.

Some facts of reviews can be wrong, though.

For example, if I say "This Spiderman game sucks because there are 2 costumes" but really there were 10, I would be wrong.

I agree.This review is totally wrong.

It's a review. It's opinion. It can't be wrong.

Some facts of reviews can be wrong, though.

For example, if I say "This Spiderman game sucks because there are 2 costumes" but really there were 10, I would be wrong.

Yeah. I didn't state anything wrong. You may not argee with my opinion, but I didn't make shit up about the game to justify my dislike for it. I'll work on an updated verison.

but I feel All-Stars lacks the depth, that the Smackdown Vs Raw series brings to the table.

___

Not reading the review, because that sentence is a pile of horse shit.

I'm not talking about the gameplay, not the customization.

Not gonna lie alot of you are being dicks about this. I didn't rip the game to shreds, I just think that there are much better fighting/wrestling games out there. I've boasted the roster grade up to a 7.

Here's what's new in the updated version.

Gameplay: 6.5/10.

Unlike the realistic wrestling simulator series Smackdown Vs Raw, All Stars aims to create an arcade representation of the WWE world. In All-Stars, whenever you perform a finisher or signature move, your enemy will fly all over the screen in a cartoon-like fashion. This is the same with high flying attacks and powerful strikes. This is fun and all, but I found myself getting bored of simple exhibition matches because I have felt I have done everything I could do in the ring. The computer controlled wrestlers act remarkably better than in a Smackdown Vs Raw game. As a whole, the gameplay is good but it's not remarkable.

Roster: 7/10.

The roster in this game is very small. Half of the superstars are legends and the after half are current superstars. With a small roster of 30 or so grapplers, this is another reason why you're find you getting bored of this game quickly. The 30 stars are put into 4 different classes. The classes are Brawler, Acrobat, Grappler and Big Man. Each class plays differently and has their own unique ability. For example, an Acrobat will springboard himself of the ropes and turnbuckles, while a grappler will chain link some of his grapple moves. This is an awesome feature and each superstar plays differently thanks to it. While the roster may be lacking in numbers, it makes up for with the classes.

Online: 7.5/10

I may of said early that the A.I. is this game is good, facing a complete stranger who you no idea on how he is going to playing is much more entertaining. You wouldn't think it, but playing online is ALOT different than playing the predictible A.I in Exhibition mode. You can play all the single player matches online too. The lag is virtually non-existant, unlike the horredous lag you would find in a Smackdown Vs Raw game, but that's a review for another day. The only downside to online play on WWE All-Stars is, that it gets old quick even though it will add a day or two to All-Stars' overall shelf life.

i agree all stars is fun but my only complaint is the acrobats have a lot of the same moves in there moveset for example they all have the flip piledriver the assi ddt id like it if they gave the acrobats diff moves then just making them all the same except for the sigs and finishers other than that the game is alot of fun.

I enjoy unlocking the alt attires i make a list of who i need to unlock and cross out the name once i unlock it its a lot of fun and once more dlc comes out its gonna be a blast. I still love SVR series but when i want my fix of zany over the top awesomeness i play all stars.

a review is just one person's view on whats being reviewed. and with tht being said the reviewer did not take into account when comparing all stars with svr series that all stars is a different type of game from svr. all stars is an arcade fighter with a wrestling theme and svr is a wrestling sim.the makers of the game intended for all stars to be very diffrent from other wresling titles and i think they achieved this. I like both games and think the nba jam type play in allstars is entertaining and hilarious.the over the top moves and combos along with the fired up status adds levels of strategy not present in the other game. so there a small roster? they can only put in so many and deciding which to include is a arduous task. writing the codes for each wrestler is not simple and takes up alot of space. Your review was excellently wriiten, i just disagree with you on some things. congratulations on getting it on game faqs.

a review is just one person's view on whats being reviewed. and with tht being said the reviewer did not take into account when comparing all stars with svr series that all stars is a different type of game from svr. all stars is an arcade fighter with a wrestling theme and svr is a wrestling sim.the makers of the game intended for all stars to be very diffrent from other wresling titles and i think they achieved this. I like both games and think the nba jam type play in allstars is entertaining and hilarious.the over the top moves and combos along with the fired up status adds levels of strategy not present in the other game. so there a small roster? they can only put in so many and deciding which to include is a arduous task. writing the codes for each wrestler is not simple and takes up alot of space. Your review was excellently wriiten, i just disagree with you on some things. congratulations on getting it on game faqs.

It was abit silly of me to be comparing the games, but I've taken most comparisons out of the review, apart from at times when it's nesscerary. I have rethought about the roster section. I boasted it up to a '7'. Thanks for the feedback.

To be honest, this review was spot on. It isn't 'totally wrong' as one member put it :shift: mentioning no names *cough*.Alex.*cough*. Now lets have a look at the definition of review because I don't think some of you quite know what it means; 'Review - a critical article or report, as in a periodical, on a book, play, recital, or the like; critique; evaluation.'

I know there are some quite big words in there but let me sum it up for you guys nice and easy; a review is written by a critic as an article or report, so basically its someone writing up their opinion in the form of a report, that means it isn't right but it certainly isn't wrong, therefore it isn't 'totally wrong', Teh Slug is just writing up his opinion to help people make up their mind about buying all stars.

Now onto the review, I found it was quite accurate, All Stars is indeed a 'weekend job', it has a very short lifespan as I found myself selling it after only a couple of days. To sum it up, only get it if its really cheap or preowned, luckily I got it quite cheap for only something like £24 and when I sold it I got £25. Overall the review is very well written if I do say so myself, some of you might disagree with what Teh Slug is saying in the review, but seriously stop saying its wrong, because it isn't, its an opinion therefore you're just making yourselves look like idiots by saying an opinions wrong.

Nah, his comments about the gameplay not being as deep as SvR are totally wrong, a "it's my opinion" argument doesn't apply.

FACT: The only thing that differentiates SvR characters (at their core) are their movesets and stats. They ALL control the same however.

FACT: In All Stars the stats affects on gameplay are much more apparent....and that, along with the different classes, and varying movesets within each class leads to a much different experience within the roster. Because of this, it's deeper than SvR's cookie cutter approach.

All Stars is indeed a 'weekend job', it has a very short lifespan as I found myself selling it after only a couple of days.

Lol, maybe you should've learned how to play it, unlock more stuff, play online, etc.

I did all of that in a weekend, its lifespan is very short, it could've been a much better game but it wasn't.

All Stars is indeed a 'weekend job', it has a very short lifespan as I found myself selling it after only a couple of days.

Lol, maybe you should've learned how to play it, unlock more stuff, play online, etc.

I did all of that in a weekend, its lifespan is very short, it could've been a much better game but it wasn't.

It seems like you're treating this as a wrestling game and not a fighter.

Multiplayer is the central draw of a title like this.

Read my online section. I talk about that. I said it added to the game, but not for long.

Read my online section. I talk about that. I said it added to the game, but not for long.

I hope you mean that subjectively because I've been addicted to this game's online for weeks now.

Archived