death-by-ego's Design Depot (Batch 8 & 9 and more Tutorials added)

deathbyego

designdepot.png

To sum up. This is the Original Wrestler Board's version of "references". If you are having trouble coming up with something in Paint Tool, whether it is a tattoo or some sort of design for your attire, THIS is the place to come. I'll be uploading various batches of images here. Feel free to PM yours and I'll add them.

**Note**

Batches will be compressed using .rar format. To extract, download either WinZip or WinRar.

WinZip: Download Link

WinRar: Download Link

batch1.jpg

Design Batch #1: 1,695 designs. Great for Beginners, Intermediate, and Advanced Paint Toolers

MegaUpload - Download Link (39.93 MB .rar format)

batch2a.jpg

Design Batch #2: 196 files, ~1300+ Designs.

MegaUpload - Download Link (164.94 MB .rar format)

batch3.jpg

Design Batch #3: 95 files, ~570+ Designs. Outlines and Colored Versions

MegaUpload - Download Link (89.95 MB .rar format)

batch4.jpg

Design Batch #4: 684 files. ~2400+ Designs. Various Tribals and a few randoms.

MegaUpload - Download Link (52.34 MB .rar format)

batch5.jpg

Design Batch #5: 425 files, ~1400+ Designs. Celtic, Stars, Crosses, Circles, and Daggers

MegaUpload - Download Link (104.83 MB .rar format)

batch6.jpg

Design Batch #6: 464 files, ~466 Designs.

MegaUpload - Download Link (35.01 MB .rar format)

batch7.jpg

Design Batch #7: 324 files, ~1300+ Designs.

MegaUpload - Download Link (158.99 MB .rar format)

batch8.jpg

Design Batch #8: 192 files, ~1400+ Designs.

MegaUpload - Download Link (100.47 MB .rar format)

batch9.jpg

Design Batch #9: 191 files, ~1400+ Designs.

MegaUpload - Download Link (103.21 MB .rar format)

--------------------------------------

Se7ensins (Green Goblin) Paint Tool Tutorials:

**WARNING**

Turn your volume down for Episode 1 and 2. Those were recorded using Turtle Beach's.

Episode #1:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5P38y8YTCSk

Episode #2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJ83XbedEU8

Episode #3 (Tattoos):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZcvFn90TAs

CAW Making Society Video Part 1 of 2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQza3iTk55I

--------------------------------------

Legend.Killer's Pixel Grid Paint Tool Guide (using Photoshop)

(Original Thread - Link Here)

Here is a guide to create pixel perfect logos in Paint Tool.

Step 1

First off, open the image you want to add to your game in Photoshop.

72237921.png

Step 2

You now need to change the image size so it fits into paint tool.

To do this go to Image/Image Size. If your image is wider than it is tall, change the image width to either 128 or 256. Or if it taller than it is wide, change the height instead. Make sure you tick 'Constrain Proportions' so you image doesnt get squashed.

53894982.png

Step 3

Now you need to simplify the image so it doesnt have multiple tones of one colour.

To do this go to Image/ Image Mode/ Indexed Colour.

15944380.png

Now change the palette to 'Local (Adaptive)'.

Then change the amount of colours to how ever many colours you want to simplify your image to.

In my case, I will use 2 (Black and Yellow).

29575467.png

Step 4

You will now need to add a pixel grid. If you are using Photoshop CS5, you can skip this part, as Photoshop CS5 automatically adds a grid when you zoon in far enough. So scroll down to Step 5

Firstly go to View/ Show/ Grid.

If your grid doesnt wrap around 1 pixel, go to Edit/ Preferences/ Guides, Grids & Slices.

Then change the Settings for 'Gridline Every' and 'Subdivisons' both to '1'.

61089844.png

Step 5

Now press Ctrl+R to show the ruler, then right click the ruler and set it to pixels. These numbers will represent the numbers in Paint Tool, The X axis being the top ruler, Y being the side ruler.

Now simply copy the image across using a 1 pixel brush and the fill tool in PT.

--------------------------------------------

Original 5-12-2011 Message from deathbyego

Ok..

I'm not sure if this is the place for this kind of thing, but I think it makes sense to be here. So bear with me... and mods have a good think about this before deciding yay or nay.

Anyone who has visited the Wrestler 360 forum probably noticed the sticky links at the top. Those links give creators links to various resources to use as references when trying to recreate a specific real world wrestler. So if you wanted to make AJ Stylez, then you could just click the Online World of Wrestling link or go through various photobucket page links.

Now with Originals.... we can't exactly get reference links to a wrestler who only exists in our head. It just wouldn't work. BUT.. I had an idea:

I was just going through one of my external hard drives trying to find a very specific pic. That is when I stumbled upon something that I downloaded last year. I thought that it may be useful for you guys and gals here.

Since a lot of people have said that they have trouble thinking up designs for attires and tattoos etc etc, the folder I found is about 6 Gigs of various simple tattoos, tribal designs, intricate colored and monochrome tattoos. I'm talking about at least 10,000 varied designs. From something simple like a symmetrical tribal design that someone could easily do in Paint Tool regardless of skill level to full flattened (2D) colored sleeves. In other words, everything that an Original Caw Creator would need for inspiration or duplication.

I'd gladly start uploading these in batches, whether as individual zip folders or a png sheets with several on one piece. I would just need to know if this something you guys think might help you and if the mods would be ok with. After all.. these are technically just references, same as they have on the Wrestler board. These are just more direct.

I can post an example of what I'm talking about when I get home, if it is needed.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am definitely on your side with this, and would download those files myself... I would also make a topic in the W&F Help section with a link to this topic and see if this can be pinned that way it would be easier to update if you add more or if other people wish to contribute their pics as well.

This is a brilliant idea. I think this is the kind of topic that should be pinned. You can upload your files you got and others can post things they find they they think would help whether it be a tattoo, a random logo, etc.

Sounds like a good idea, just be sure your not uploading someone else's copyrighted material. As a former tattoo artist, I'd sell posters size sheets of "flash art" for other shops to use. I'd be a little urked if someone scanned and posted them on the net free and clear.

-SS

Turns out it is more like 15,000 at the very least. Hmm.

I just went through one of the tribal folders and one other random folder, grabbed a few for examples of what I mean. Keep in mind, I resized these to fit on a page. These are all actually high res images.

randomtats.jpg

yakuzar.jpg

Now this is just the very tip of the tip of the tip of the iceberg. If you want tribals... I got them (hundreds). You want asian tattoos.... got a bunch. Mom tattoos... yup. Navy.. yup. Celtic. Death. Native American. Samoan. Blood and Guts. Check check check check check and check. Pretty much anything and everything. Hence the reason I posted that low res image (the body suit pic itself is actually 2000x2830) of a yakuza body tattoo. Like I said.. mostly everything.

So if the mods are ok with this, then I can start organizing my collection a bit for zip compression.

Turns out it is more like 15,000 at the very least. Hmm.

I just went through one of the tribal folders and one other random folder, grabbed a few for examples of what I mean. Keep in mind, I resized these to fit on a page. These are all actually high res images.

randomtats.jpg

yakuzar.jpg

Now this is just the very tip of the tip of the tip of the iceberg. If you want tribals... I got them (hundreds). You want asian tattoos.... got a bunch. Mom tattoos... yup. Navy.. yup. Celtic. Death. Native American. Samoan. Blood and Guts. Check check check check check and check. Pretty much anything and everything. Hence the reason I posted that low res image (the body suit pic itself is actually 2000x2830) of a yakuza body tattoo. Like I said.. mostly everything.

So if the mods are ok with this, then I can start organizing my collection a bit for zip compression.

That is flash art man, not cool less you got permission.

-SS

Yeah... Can't argue with that. Some of things I have are a bit questionable. I can refrain from posting those. But in this digital age of high speed internet, no matter if you are 8yrs old or 50yrs old, we all seem to have to adjust our eye patches and peg legs. A topic like this could become problematic. Most things that could be posted here would be copyrighted. It is just a matter if that item bothers someone. If someone posted a Coca Cola logo, technically that is copyrighted as well. But if it is used for personal non profit use, then no problem. Copyright Law is a strange and fickle thing when it comes to the internet. Digital Copyright Laws are constantly rewritten. I studied Law and it is a hassle.

This is the reason I posted this topic asking if this kind of topic would be ok. If I limit my contributions to misc random non copyrighted images... like most of the ones in the first pic, then that would be fine. I just won't post stuff like the Yakuza suit... that fits under the "Uhh.. maybe I shouldn't" category.

If people's Photobucket page (360 Wrestler board) contains images from WWE.com of that wrestler, no one seems to think much of the problems. So mods.. decide about the topic.

Yeah... Can't argue with that. Some of things I have are a bit questionable. I can refrain from posting those. But in this digital age of high speed internet, no matter if you are 8yrs old or 50yrs old, we all seem to have to adjust our eye patches and peg legs. A topic like this could become problematic. Most things that could be posted here would be copyrighted. It is just a matter if that item bothers someone. If someone posted a Coca Cola logo, technically that is copyrighted as well. But if it is used for personal non profit use, then no problem. Copyright Law is a strange and fickle thing when it comes to the internet. Digital Copyright Laws are constantly rewritten. I studied Law and it is a hassle.

This is the reason I posted this topic asking if this kind of topic would be ok. If I limit my contributions to misc random non copyrighted images... like most of the ones in the first pic, then that would be fine. I just won't post stuff like the Yakuza suit... that fits under the "Uhh.. maybe I shouldn't" category.

If people's Photobucket page (360 Wrestler board) contains images from WWE.com of that wrestler, no one seems to think much of the problems. So mods.. decide about the topic.

I agree with yah in principal as I just used a marvel comics image with the last caw attire I posted. Legally there is no difference, yet I feel far stronger about flash art cause I've made some money doing it. Its hypercritical I know. To borrow from Disney and not some small biz corner shop.

The artist should of used some watermarks before posting em online. I'm not gonna rail yah of give yah shit about what yah post thats between you and the mods, just keep in mind the little guy, if there is one.

-SS

Definitely one of the best ideas for a topic ever. I'm pretty poor at the paint tool myself, so this would probably help me a lot to develop and make awesome designs. So yeah, I'd download every batch you possibly can upload. :cool:

Just curious I seen the paint tool hack does that get ya banned on xbox live? By the way man class idea and resource list.

You got any Maori?

No the paint tool hack does not get you banned. And the paint tool hack doesn't exist for SVR 2011. At least not for the mass populace. You need a hacked xbox and a firm understand of the process and the patience to pull it off. I'm only aware of one person who has directly imported images from their computer to the game.

I'd have to check on the Polynesian tats.

----

As soon as I get the go ahead from a mod, then I'll start putting together batches in zip form. Anyone know a good filehosting site that is free and won't delete what I upload in a week or whatever?

Just curious I seen the paint tool hack does that get ya banned on xbox live? By the way man class idea and resource list.

You got any Maori?

No the paint tool hack does not get you banned. And the paint tool hack doesn't exist for SVR 2011. At least not for the mass populace. You need a hacked xbox and a firm understand of the process and the patience to pull it off. I'm only aware of one person who has directly imported images from their computer to the game.

I'd have to check on the Polynesian tats.

----

As soon as I get the go ahead from a mod, then I'll start putting together batches in zip form. Anyone know a good filehosting site that is free and won't delete what I upload in a week or whatever?

Megaupload. Mediafire is good too, as long as the file is under 200mb

Thanks. I figured I'd use one of them. I just didn't feel like checking their uploading rules.

Well.. I'm guessing the Originals Board is treated like Lord of the Flies, so I'm going to go ahead with this until I'm told otherwise.

So if other people want to contribute collections of their own, I'll be sure to add them to the main post. I'm going to be busy with a few things so expect the first few batches to be up either Saturday Night or Sunday. I'll organize the main post when I do... make it look more official.

Thanks for putting my tutorials up there, I'm probably gonna be uploading another one soon & i'm gonna use some of the images from batch 1. Together maybe we can teach these noobs how to use the PT lol :P

No prob. Like I said, when someone sends me something useful, I have no problem adding it here.

Thanks a lot for the first batch man, just snagged them myself :cool:

Glad to know this isn't going to waste.

----------

**UPDATE**

Batch 2 added. I just want to say that these batches are kind of random. So don't expect a batch called "Death and Skulls." There are too many files for me to cut things out and organize theme specific batches. So sorry. Just think of these batches as those toy machines at the supermarket. You pop a quarter in and you get a random thing encased in those bubble things.

Archived