Whats the deal online with the top rope?

iamthedoctor

Either its frustrate me online today or people are just being asses and not playing fairly. Had about 8 matches today all different players. Now when they start the match Ill go to the outside so I can get my running thing going with a taunt. The other guy just stands on the top rope and just stands their not doing anything when I go to roll in the ring wham he ll jump and hit me no matter what side of the ring I am. Then the guy will go back up to the top and jump so ill roll out of the ring.

Does he jump to the outside? No he just idely stands on the top rope waiting for me to get back in so he can keep doing this. This is quite frankly ruining the experience of online. Seems a bit cheap their all doing it. One match I thought id sit it out you know outside the ring till the other gets pissed off waiting and goes after me but he doesnt one match 5 mins was practically him waiting on the top rope. That is just retarded keep jumping off. Now I know you can essentially block the move but when they hit you just as you roll in you cant counter it.

I dunno if anyone else has experienced this or not but ive noticed it all day.By the way at time I got fed up when they just wait on the top rope so quit to dashboard. Now does this count as a loss in the game because im trying to do the 10 win streak achievement but its just not working. I had to go to dashboard a couple times when people arent playing fair so wondered if this affects anything.

Thatz the price ur gonna pay for gettin out the ring.. Instead of gettin out the ring 2 taunt, attack ur opponent.. Most people back up as soon as the match starts, thatz a good time for a strong strike- depending on who ur playing with. When they come off the top rope u can get hit whether u r in or out the ring.. Jus the way the game is. Jus like u can hit some1 with a strike finisher(sweet chin music, ko punch) when they are inside the ring, and u are outside. see me personally, i punish those that roll out the ring.. If some1 tries 2 run outside everytime it gets thick, they will catch a sig everytime they try 2 get back in.. But u can use gettin back in the ring 2 ur advantage if u slide in at the right time-- usually at the peak of their jump from the top turnbuckle, or when they jus jump over the top rope.. Dont 4get, u can slide back in quicker if u run and slide in as opposed 2 jus sliding in..

So you start your matches by running outside to taunt to get meter, then get pissed off when the guy gives you what you deserve on the way back into the ring? How about don't play like an ass.....

I get the feeling that the vast majority of the people that play this online are 9 years old.

Thatz the price ur gonna pay for gettin out the ring.. Instead of gettin out the ring 2 taunt, attack ur opponent.. Most people back up as soon as the match starts, thatz a good time for a strong strike- depending on who ur playing with. When they come off the top rope u can get hit whether u r in or out the ring.. Jus the way the game is. Jus like u can hit some1 with a strike finisher(sweet chin music, ko punch) when they are inside the ring, and u are outside. see me personally, i punish those that roll out the ring.. If some1 tries 2 run outside everytime it gets thick, they will catch a sig everytime they try 2 get back in.. But u can use gettin back in the ring 2 ur advantage if u slide in at the right time-- usually at the peak of their jump from the top turnbuckle, or when they jus jump over the top rope.. Dont 4get, u can slide back in quicker if u run and slide in as opposed 2 jus sliding in..

The problem is those idiots at thq decided that you have to do a move taunt or attack to get you bar up otherwise you cant run. Ive tried the attack opponent first but they just roll out of the ring first. If I wait in the ring they wont come back in until Ive gone to outside so they can roll in and climb the top rope.

Oh and to the poster said well dont taunt outside. How am i supposed to get to run if I dont taunt. I dont spend all day out side the taunting you know I press it once then get in. If I go for the other player they just roll out the ring and just do the tatics.

Then take a page from their book and sit on the turnbuckle and wait for them to enter the ring, or you could just quit.

This game is a joke online against randoms anyway.

Fighting games like this are usually ruined from the beginning because too many people are obsessed with their W/L record so they resort to playing like dicks which drives away the few people that actually want to have fun.

Another month or so All Stars will be more of a ghost town then it already is due to the morons that make the normal players leave. Wrestling games always have the worst communities.

It is very annoying. That's why I tend to not play online unless it's with people I know. Unfortunately there's going to be noobs and unfair players in any game so you just gotta deal with it or don't play it.

^

I've had first hand experience with people spring boarding the WHOLE match, kinda takes the fun out the game. I tend to only play with people I know now.

Taunts are bullshit, I'd spam you to.

They're not really bullshit, I mean if you get someone down or in the corner and do a taunt to gain F meter it's fine with me, but if you kick me out of the ring bith a big man and do it, or consistently run outside and do it, I'll kick your ass.

Taunts are bullshit, I'd spam you to.

They're not really bullshit, I mean if you get someone down or in the corner and do a taunt to gain F meter it's fine with me, but if you kick me out of the ring bith a big man and do it, or consistently run outside and do it, I'll kick your ass.

obviously that's what I was on about.

If you knock him down and taunt, that's cool. Jumping out of the ring to taunt just so you can run is a bunch of shit.

Learn to reverse.. seriously, that gets you back on the offensive hand.

I reverse quite a lot, spring boards, jumping off the turnbuckle and rolling out the ring when I have a finisher is just something I can't put up with.

Reverse the first 2 and use Event Horizon finishers to lock em in position.

If u play some1 and they find out u cant reverse something-- ofcourse they are gonna do it constantly.. Somebody springboarding the whole match isnt a problem.. Either reverse it, or jus chase them when they run 2 do it and use a running attack. Thatz the point of acrobats is 2 fly. If u got a grappler, u grapple, and a brawler, u brawl.. I mean thatz the purpose of classes.. The good news is that basically everything can be reversed.. U jus have 2 play it smart sometimes, cant go in jus pressing buttons wildly. Sit back and see how ur opponent is gonna play.

The problem is those idiots at thq decided that you have to do a move taunt or attack to get you bar up otherwise you cant run.

Well, fyi, the "idiots" at THQ have stated that they did this to stop players from just running around and spamming running attacks the entire match...you know, like everyone complains about the SVR community doing. :hqhq:

The problem is those idiots at thq decided that you have to do a move taunt or attack to get you bar up otherwise you cant run.

Well, fyi, the "idiots" at THQ have stated that they did this to stop players from just running around and spamming running attacks the entire match...you know, like everyone complains about the SVR community doing. :hqhq:

This.

Now when they start the match Ill go to the outside so I can get my running thing going with a taunt.

I stopped reading there. If someone ran outside to taunt, I'd attack you too. No matter what the reason.

Very true.. I personally am glad it takes energy 2 run.. Makes u think about when and how long u r gonna hafta run..

This.

Now when they start the match Ill go to the outside so I can get my running thing going with a taunt.

I stopped reading there. If someone ran outside to taunt, I'd attack you too. No matter what the reason.

Also doesn't taunting fill up your Finisher gauge and not your signature gauge? You wouldn't be able to run nonetheless.

I attck with a quick strike or a quick grapple so then I can bounce off the ropes. I'm actually a nice player- I won't do the same move twice in a row until I see what the persons' reversal skills are. With friends I go for the fun of the game-with strangers I give them about a minute grace. If they are just a spammer only out for a precious "W" then gloves are off and I will end it quickly. I don't mind losing,I don't endless grapple loops or constant springboards-if I can't reverse then I deserve the beat down.

Archived