the submission system... love it or hate it?

Does anyone remember the Type B. Submission from Shut your mouth - Smackdown Vs Raw 2006? Where it was a blue bar with a yellow bar and you had either get the yellow bar into the middle area to break the hold or the red area to reverse it or another area to reach the ropes.

I liked that system. It was good. I know 2007 had it as well, but as I've stated before, I prefer 2006.

Also, as much as 2008 was bad (slow, glitchy, etc), their submission system was slightly better, instead of rotating. To escape (and to apply) a submission, you had to find a spot with the right stick, to help with the submission (or if you're in the submission, you'd be trying to escape it). I liked that system. Beats rotating the stick to escape.

:rock: Except it also lead to a lot of people tapping first thing in a match because they couldn't find the right random spot >.<"

I would actually love to see the return of the button mashing submission system from SvR 2007.

I totally agree. :cool:

:rock: but we have to remember the awkward build of the Xbox controllers, also the fact that people will be able to win in a matter of seconds with the battery or Turbo method. I'd rather see what I described above.

I don't have to worry about that, I don't play XBox.

I would actually love to see the return of the button mashing submission system from SvR 2007.

:rock: but we have to remember the awkward build of the Xbox controllers, also the fact that people will be able to win in a matter of seconds with the battery or Turbo method. I'd rather see what I described above.

:facepalm:

:facepalm:

What's with the facepalm? Did I say something wrong?

Well I'm done with 'struggle' submissions as well.

It was introduced in the wake of that motion-rage courtesy of the wii release.

That said, going back to the stone age of button mashing is not an option for me either.

And the sliding ball (btype) , well it just didn't feel like a struggle really.

Hey how about a INVERTED B-type submission system ? Instead of tapping to stop the ball you would have to shimmy the ball a number of times back & forth between/inside the narrow domains ?

Giving it deeper thought there is no single submission system imaginable that would fit well with all submissions. The designer of the old games realized this all to well.

Some submissions require rope break interactions(fig4ll, ankle lock), some don't. Some are about wearing you down unconscious/to sleep (sleepers,bearhug,chokes), were others are about hyper-extension (armbars,torture rack)

You know what ? I'm all for SEVERAL types of submissions. Damm 06 was ahead of its time allright.

here's a quick list of my faves

button mashing(06 and up)

struggle (i don't have a problem with it)

random tap (here comes the pain)

B-type (little ball is fun to chase)

06 sleeper system ( get it right or pass out)

the kick out meter for subs would be sweet, but perfect timing/turbo would make it unfair for those of us without hand eye coordination and turbo controllers.

Yeah i think they should bring back the Submission-B system again but with a twist to enable u to reach the ropes as well. Here's my idea.

Ok, same method applies but only for sigs and finishers. When submission hold is locked, a meter bar pops up with a moving ball in it. For the opposing player to escape, u have to stop the ball in one the 3 markers within the meter. Here's where the twist is. The middle yellow marker(which was the "escape" marker in 07)is now the "crawl" marker. If the ball is stopped in that marker spot, the opponent crawls one step. Each time that spot is hit, the opponent gets closer and closer towards the rope. There's a catch to this though. Depending on your submission rating, determines how many chances u have to miss the marker spots. So if u are hurt, this could be a bad thing because remember the marker gets smaller the more u are hurt. U have the maximum of 5 attempts to land in one of the markers (Note: If u don't remember, the other two markers are "reverse", which are located on each end of the meter bar. Landing on one of these will reverse applier's hold into your own). This is how the submission rating works. For example, if your rating is 1-2 u have one shot to miss a marker. If your rating is 3-4, u have two shots to miss a marker, and this continues all the way to u reach 9-10 rating, which gives u a max of 5 attempts. Once u reached that limit, the opponent will tap out :XD: . So overall this will depend on 3 things: submission rating, body part severity, and timing.

All the applier has to do is apply pressure by tapping a button repeatedly (just like in 07). This will make the meter bar shake and make it harder for the opponent to land in one of the markers.

I think this will be a good way to balance it out and make it intriguing 8-)

I prefer it over button mashing, although a system like we had in SVR06 could be better (trapping the ball in the bar). And I think at this point all submissions should make you tap instead of just select ones.

i like the idea if the bar but have different bars ropes- blue closet escape middle - dark blue and reverse furthest bar - red. bars get smaller the more hurt each limb is if u do a leg submission after working over an arm the bars will be bigger. if u do a arm submission after working the arm bars would be smaller. :D

Damn .. 360 controllers aren't the only controllers that are fragile... geez

Damn .. 360 controllers aren't the only controllers that are fragile... geez

Why do people keep getting so uppity with me over that comment? :annoy:

Archived