the submission system... love it or hate it?

in the past games i loved to make guys who had submissions as their finishers.... but now with this current submission system it is just too easy to get out of a submission by just rotating a joy stick around a couple of times! .... i hate the submission system for SvR 2011!

I used to think that SvR 07 had the best submission system.... it was a basically button mashing.... but now when people have turbo controllers that would just be a nightmare...

what do you think would make a good submission system ?

I'd love to see an entire overhaul of the submission system, as my main caw I use is a submissionist. At this point, it seems almost pointless to have wear down submissions. You can bash the limb as much as you want, wear it down, and truly work over the limb but at the end of most matches it really doesn't matter. Resiliency kicks in for most people, and twiddling that damn thumb makes it easy to get out of. Honestly, a submission system similar to the choke system in EA MMA wouldn't be that bad. With a endurance meter for each limb. The more you've worked on that limb during the match, the less endurance you have for mashing.

I would actually love to see the return of the button mashing submission system from SvR 2007.

i would also like that... i remember having iron man submission matches between kurt angle and benoit ... they were so intense and fun!

I wouldn't, because that's how xbox 360 controller buttons get jammed... VERY EASILY

I have no problem with the submission system but i kinda think they should switch it to like how the pin and last man standing is. A Bar that the speed increases the more damage you have. You can also button mash so its best for everyone.

I would actually love to see the return of the button mashing submission system from SvR 2007.

i would also like that... i remember having iron man submission matches between kurt angle and benoit ... they were so intense and fun!

I wouldn't, because that's how xbox 360 controller buttons get jammed... VERY EASILY

and people now have Turbo Controllers.... which would really suck!

I have no problem with the submission system but i kinda think they should switch it to like how the pin and last man standing is. A Bar that the speed increases the more damage you have. You can also button mash so its best for everyone.

dude i totally forgot about the a bar!... that would be a great idea!

You rotate the stick to get the submission win? I merely hold the stick up. And while I don't entirely agree bout 2007 having the best submission system (mainly coz I didn't like 2007. That, and I prefer 2006), I think the system could be a little better. For example, I think all submissions should be submission system style. Example: The Rock's Sharpshooter. In past years, I've always preferred it over the regular Sharpshooter. But because it's not a submission move, I no longer use it.

You rotate the stick to get the submission win? I merely hold the stick up. And while I don't entirely agree bout 2007 having the best submission system (mainly coz I didn't like 2007. That, and I prefer 2006), I think the system could be a little better. For example, I think all submissions should be submission system style. Example: The Rock's Sharpshooter. In past years, I've always preferred it over the regular Sharpshooter. But because it's not a submission move, I no longer use it.

He meant rotate the stick to get out of a submission.

:rock: Anyone else think button mashing is a pain to do on anything but the Playstation? The Xbox Controllers are just Awkward when it comes to that, It wasn't fun button mashing in LOWM. I think they should bring back the B system from Shut your mouth to 06. Where it was a yellow ball and you had to get it in three areas. The light yellow area released the hold. The tiny red bar reversed it. I liked that a lot better, what do you guys think?

I totally agree. :cool:

:rock: but we have to remember the awkward build of the Xbox controllers, also the fact that people will be able to win in a matter of seconds with the battery or Turbo method. I'd rather see what I described above.

I totally agree. :cool:

:rock: but we have to remember the awkward build of the Xbox controllers, also the fact that people will be able to win in a matter of seconds with the battery or Turbo method. I'd rather see what I described above.

yeah iknow that's true just i know that i just had to replace a controller because of the button mashing on Resident evil 5 and SVR2007 but i do agree that the submission system does need to be revamped to counteract these cheap players and their turbo controllers

TNA iMPACT's submission mechanics worked pretty well, though kind of simple. Based on reflexes, they made sub matches long and intense as they should, and gave a very satisfying feeling of reward when you managed to submit the opponent.

TNA impact was one of the worst submission systems I've played. They should bring back the system from SVR2006 and be done with it. or give an opt out like they do with the new kick-out system.

I hate the current submission system -- it's not a challenge which is sad because there is starting to be a lot of wrestlers using submissions (Del Rio, Bryan, etc), it shouldn't be the lower class or scrapped thing. But we have to take heed that button mashing would be ineffective because of the batteries and turbos and more importantly the fragile nature of our controllers.

I don't know how and I don't have any ideas either but THQ should really come up with a more realistic way of submitting.

Does anyone remember the Type B. Submission from Shut your mouth - Smackdown Vs Raw 2006? Where it was a blue bar with a yellow bar and you had either get the yellow bar into the middle area to break the hold or the red area to reverse it or another area to reach the ropes. I think that was the best submission mode they put into the games. What do you guys think? Plus when they had that before 07 we had a lot more submissions.

Does anyone remember the Type B. Submission from Shut your mouth - Smackdown Vs Raw 2006? Where it was a blue bar with a yellow bar and you had either get the yellow bar into the middle area to break the hold or the red area to reverse it or another area to reach the ropes.

I liked that system. It was good. I know 2007 had it as well, but as I've stated before, I prefer 2006.

Also, as much as 2008 was bad (slow, glitchy, etc), their submission system was slightly better, instead of rotating. To escape (and to apply) a submission, you had to find a spot with the right stick, to help with the submission (or if you're in the submission, you'd be trying to escape it). I liked that system. Beats rotating the stick to escape.

Archived