OOH YOU DIDNT KNOW! 360 DLC DELAYED!

SeannyBlack

You wanna know why it should be free? Heres why-

1 - Delayed. This happens, I know. Unforseen circumstances, issues, ect.. But this (or at least part of it) was supposed to be a PRE order bonus. Any other game I bought with PRE order stuff had the PRE order stuff ready to download before i even got the game home.

2 - The DLC is cheap. Theres no alternate attires, we cant use anything from it (moves, entrances, ect) for our CAWS like we can with characters already in the game. Thats lazy. If they said the delay was so they COULD add the ability to use parts for CAW or to add extra attires, the delay would be warranted.

3 - By the time all of the announced DLC characters are released, a good portion of their customer base will have already moved on to other games. Why am I paying for half hearted DLC from a game I bought 6 months ago?

4 - Whats really being ADDED to our experience with the game? Sure we have new characters, but wouldnt it be swell if we could give our CAW the Million Dollar Dream?

Oh, and to the THQ guy, you mentioned an issue with "pulling controller during the MDD and the game freezes".. Um, a good 99% of us use wireless controllers, so pulling our controller should be a non issue. Thats just silly.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1 - Delayed. This happens, I know. Unforseen circumstances, issues, ect.. But this (or at least part of it) was supposed to be a PRE order bonus. Any other game I bought with PRE order stuff had the PRE order stuff ready to download before i even got the game home.

2 - The DLC is cheap. Theres no alternate attires, we cant use anything from it (moves, entrances, ect) for our CAWS like we can with characters already in the game. Thats lazy. If they said the delay was so they COULD add the ability to use parts for CAW or to add extra attires, the delay would be warranted.

3 - By the time all of the announced DLC characters are released, a good portion of their customer base will have already moved on to other games. Why am I paying for half hearted DLC from a game I bought 6 months ago?

4 - Whats really being ADDED to our experience with the game? Sure we have new characters, but wouldnt it be swell if we could give our CAW the Million Dollar Dream?

Oh, and to the THQ guy, you mentioned an issue with "pulling controller during the MDD and the game freezes".. Um, a good 99% of us use wireless controllers, so pulling our controller should be a non issue. Thats just silly.

Welcome to the wonderful world of testing. Regardless on if it impacts one or 10 million, an issue is an issue.

Welcome to the wonderful world of testing. Regardless on if it impacts one or 10 million, an issue is an issue.

Huh? Which statment is that cryptic response supposed to answer?

I am just trying to figure out why no one will say the actual problem. That is simply the reason I wish the dev team members working on the DLC would say what is going on.

"What is the problem?"

"An issue"

"Well what is it?"

"An issue"

"Which was...?"

"An issue"

repeat for eternity

Totally fair, I'm just pointing out that the issue you want to know about won't solve anything that this thread was originally made for.

I personally don't know the issue. It could be anything from when someone has a controller plugged in and it's pulled right as someone does the Million Dollar Dream, the game could crash (yes, this stuff happens). I'll tell you what, I'll track down the issue specifically.

That sucks that it had a last minute delay!

Just out of interest, are we being a little too optimistic expecting them to release next week? I know from using other forums and talking with other devs that Microsoft's testing can take a while.

An answer on this would be great.

I am just trying to figure out why no one will say the actual problem. That is simply the reason I wish the dev team members working on the DLC would say what is going on.

"What is the problem?"

"An issue"

"Well what is it?"

"An issue"

"Which was...?"

"An issue"

repeat for eternity

Totally fair, I'm just pointing out that the issue you want to know about won't solve anything that this thread was originally made for.

I personally don't know the issue. It could be anything from when someone has a controller plugged in and it's pulled right as someone does the Million Dollar Dream, the game could crash (yes, this stuff happens). I'll tell you what, I'll track down the issue specifically.

That sucks that it had a last minute delay! But i don't want a buggy game so i guess it's best to be patient.

Just out of interest, are we being a little too optimistic expecting them to release next week? I know from using other forums and talking with other devs that Microsoft's testing can take a while.

An answer on this would be great.

Im gonna go out on a limb here and say that itll be AT LEAST 3 weeks for the first set of DLC to drop, and about 6 months for the last set to finally be "finished".

Is any of the DLC characters done? Maybe give the XBOX people LOD for now if they are done or Jericho. Unless what we are saying is all of the planned DLC is not completed which then I imagine SVR12 will hit stores before the last DLC pack.

They need to do atleast the rest of the DLCs that are promised. I bought this game under the impression of a few of those characters being available. I do say for this DLC, it needs to be free for XBox customers.

Especially since theres no CAW parts or alt attires. What is this DLC really gonna add, besides a few new names to the roster?

Pissed off.

Was really looking forward to playing this, it's even better that we don't have any idea when that is anymore.

Dear THQ,

I understand there was a problem, and I can live with that. What exactly are you going to do to make up for this? Release somewhere down the line and call it good? How about you guys put together a full list of DLC release dates for us. How about you make sure this doesn't happen again.

How about you address the DLC issue that is pissing both console parties off and patch in the option to use DLC movesets and finishers on CAWS?

I'd also like to know if we are even getting the Austin patch, since nobody from THQ has even addressed this and I'm thinking were going to end up getting shafted out of this as well.

I highly doubt anyone will even address this post, so I'm not really sure why I'm wasting my time. Prove me wrong buddy.

They need to do atleast the rest of the DLCs that are promised. I bought this game under the impression of a few of those characters being available. I do say for this DLC, it needs to be free for XBox customers.

Especially since theres no CAW parts or alt attires. What is this DLC really gonna add, besides a few new names to the roster?

stephensonmc thanks for clarifying that thq is really sorry. that's what i was worried about. I don't understand why you wouldn't know whats wrong with it. its been one thing after another with game and with a game that has so much potential it is hard to see you guys just ruin it. like no new caw moves added with the new dlc characters... i figured that would be a given. just a thought don't promise people something that when they buy the game they think they are getting AND then not to decide to release until after everyone stopped playing your game.

stephensonmc thanks for clarifying that thq is really sorry. that's what i was worried about. I don't understand why you wouldn't know whats wrong with it. its been one thing after another with game and with a game that has so much potential it is hard to see you guys just ruin it. like no new caw moves added with the new dlc characters... i figured that would be a given. just a thought don't promise people something that when they buy the game they think they are getting AND then not to decide to release until after everyone stopped playing your game.

I love that they even put up a huge post explaining why DLC wasn't available at launch. This was due to the fact that they wanted to give attention to DLC like every other wrestler in the game. What confuses me is other then playability they don't. We can't use them in CAW mode, no alt attires.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1QCBF3h_tM

What's there definition of attention? Where does the attention start and stop?

The deal is companies don't care anymore. They get their money and they will always get their money. We are lemmings and want WWE video games. So they make them, and we will buy them like mindless trolls no matter how bad they continue to screw up. All of these companies are following the AT&T business model "We screw them because we can and we still get paid."

To be honest THQ really need to sort out their DLC problems, I have never really seen or exsperienced these kind of delays with other publishers games to this degree.

If you look at the track record of THQ wrestling games on the PS3 and 360 the way they handle DLC just seems to be lacking compared to the competition.

I can respect them for working on the dlc and delaying it, I'm disappointed about the delay and I would trade in my xbox 360 copy for a ps3 copy to download the dlc, but I'm not that stupid. You guys are just assuming things and you guys don't know that you can add DLC movesets to caws with the snap of their fingers or just a little code. If they did that, you'd probably be waiting EVEN longer for the DLC. The Rhodes should be free for those who waited and it should be free for like...say a week. Although that won't happen because Microsoft doesn't let anything go free on the marketplace unless it is advertised pre-release that it's going to be free. THQ needs to just get their shit straight.

You guys are just assuming things and you guys don't know that you can add DLC movesets to caws with the snap of their fingers or just a little code.

I'm not making that assumption at all, It probably is difficult and it's probably not worth the money. After a fiasco like this though they need to go that extra mile to make up for it. I don't care how much work it is for them, they need to do something to make up for this bullshit. That's just the biggest problem that should be fixed right now.

You guys are just assuming things and you guys don't know that you can add DLC movesets to caws with the snap of their fingers or just a little code.

I'm not making that assumption at all, It probably is difficult and it's probably not worth the money. After a fiasco like this though they need to go that extra mile to make up for it. I don't care how much work it is for them, they need to do something to make up for this bullshit. That's just the biggest problem that should be fixed right now.

I totally agree. With that being said, I don't expect them to make up for it because they sure as hell didn't make up for screwing us over with the SVR 2009 DLC. THQ has no loyalty to their consumers at all. They just spin more half-truths and try to pass the buck. As I said in another thread, why are they seemingly the ONLY major game publisher who has this shit happen on a regular basis? They are the problem, and refuse to admit it.

I know nothing is going to happen, was just hoping that someone from THQ would pop there head in and try to justify it. I just don't get it, they pushed back DLC a month after release so things like this wouldn't happen, how long do they need?

its just BS that they say the dlc is is so hard to make and its a character with no alt attire and no entrances or move sets for caw its pointless to even buy them other than the Jericho one. but seriously maybe you should have figured out the problems before the very last minute again thq. after this dlc debacle I am going to be very happy when my call of duty comes out on time may 8th. thq you should see the bottom line that you are loosing money that should be the bottom line. the game inst perfect but released. release the dlc or at least stop blowing smoke up our ass saying that it will be out on around when hell freezes over. this is insane that this has gone on this long and I will have to be very finicky about which thq games I buy from now. its one that that its delayed it would have been different had you told us last Wednesday that it wasn't coming out but again you waited till last minute. u treat us like shit... I waited all weekend for the *censored*ing dlc only to find out it was coming out on Monday. NONE THE LESS the fact that this has already happend. its a shame i like this game so much because its crap service and lack of modes. go ahead tell me i don't understand and how im assuming things that's fine. all that matters to me is that what i do understand is the i did not get my million dollar pack opening day and wasn't told until the day before he would be released until on around the 19th. ok big deal. I Also understand that not only did this happen again on the 19th. its bullshit get your shit together or don't even bother saying you were gonna release them anyway. its bullshit i pay for half a game and then u sell the other half in dlc anyway.

its just BS that they say the dlc is is so hard to make and its a character with no alt attire and no entrances or move sets for caw its pointless to even buy them other than the Jericho one.

From the way you type, you make it sound like you have no programming knowledge, no coding knowlegde, no knowledge of the DLC approval process, no knowledge of how to make sure the code of the downloaded content works in-game, and how to apply patches and information into the game without bugs that crash the game, and from my theory, it sounds like I'm right. If you think it's bs not to be able to make alt attires, and add entrances/movesets to created wrestlers with the snap of their fingers, go and be like brienj and make your own custom dlc of the Million Dollar Men and the Rhodes and post it on the Xbox Live Marketplace for us all to download tomorrow. Then, and only then, can you say THQ is a half-assed developing company with no knowledge of what their doing.

its just BS that they say the dlc is is so hard to make and its a character with no alt attire and no entrances or move sets for caw its pointless to even buy them other than the Jericho one. but seriously maybe you should have figured out the problems before the very last minute again thq. after this dlc debacle I am going to be very happy when my call of duty comes out on time may 8th. thq you should see the bottom line that you are loosing money that should be the bottom line. the game inst perfect but released. release the dlc or at least stop blowing smoke up our ass saying that it will be out on around when hell freezes over. this is insane that this has gone on this long and I will have to be very finicky about which thq games I buy from now. its one that that its delayed it would have been different had you told us last Wednesday that it wasn't coming out but again you waited till last minute. u treat us like shit... I waited all weekend for the *censored*ing dlc only to find out it was coming out on Monday. NONE THE LESS the fact that this has already happend. its a shame i like this game so much because its crap service and lack of modes. go ahead tell me i don't understand and how im assuming things that's fine. all that matters to me is that what i do understand is the i did not get my million dollar pack opening day and wasn't told until the day before he would be released until on around the 19th. ok big deal. I Also understand that not only did this happen again on the 19th. its bullshit get your shit together or don't even bother saying you were gonna release them anyway. its bullshit i pay for half a game and then u sell the other half in dlc anyway.

Dont forget, PS3 users already have it. >:(

I don't normally ever play wrestling video games, but the demo really knocked it out of the park for me so I had to grab the game. Love it. Don't have much experience with THQ, but I know in my line of work, incompetence is normally the issue for any release issues. Mistakes. Carelessness. Now I know absolutely nothing about programming or video games, but I'm guessing it was something that needed to be thoroughly tested that somehow got overlooked. Any way you slice it I think it's nice to have a dude from THQ on here attempting to address the questions being asked. That's a lot more than other video games and forums get. So thx for trying.

My question to THQ guy is this -

Why claim to put as much love and detail into DLC characters and not have alt attires or CAW parts? This game and its DLC was announced long ago, so why say you plan of giving the DLC the right attention if there was never any plan to make to the DLC characters quality on par with the in game ones?

Archived