OOH YOU DIDNT KNOW! 360 DLC DELAYED!

SeannyBlack

XBOX 360 DLC RELEASE UPDATE:

We have ran into some technical issues with our WWE All Stars downloadable content for Xbox 360 that will unfortunately delay its release past our initially communicated timing of on or before April 19. As is the case with the game development process and subsequent launch of downloadable content, there are unexpected technical variables that can often impact a release date, and unfortunately, we have been hit by one. This delay impacts the pre-order Million Dollar Pack (“The Million Dollar Man†Ted DiBiase and his son, Ted DiBiase), Honky Tonk Man free playable character for everyone and the American Dream Pack featuring Dusty Rhodes and his son, Cody Rhodes. We are fully aware of our initial intent to deliver the content by this timeframe and sincerely apologize for this delay, as well as the unforeseen miscommunication of our plans.

Our development team is working hard to remedy the situation, and we are hopeful the content will be released as soon as possible for Xbox 360 users. The delay is likely to push the release past this week; however, please continue checking the official website for updates. While we understand this isn’t positive news, we thank everyone for their understanding and patience, and we will do everything we can to remedy the situation.

WWE All Stars features 30 legendary competitors and current-day WWE Superstars combined, each of which took significant time to master and perfect. While waiting patiently for the upcoming content, make sure to continue honing your skills with the characters in-game, as there are a ton of deep combos and intriguing moves waiting to be mastered.

cmon I said this would happen as a joke. this is just to much.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We have ran into some technical issues with our WWE All Stars downloadable content for Xbox 360 that will unfortunately delay its release past our initially communicated timing of on or before April 19. As is the case with the game development process and subsequent launch of downloadable content, there are unexpected technical variables that can often impact a release date, and unfortunately, we have been hit by one. This delay impacts the pre-order Million Dollar Pack (“The Million Dollar Man†Ted DiBiase and his son, Ted DiBiase), Honky Tonk Man free playable character for everyone and the American Dream Pack featuring Dusty Rhodes and his son, Cody Rhodes. We are fully aware of our initial intent to deliver the content by this timeframe and sincerely apologize for this delay, as well as the unforeseen miscommunication of our plans.

Our development team is working hard to remedy the situation, and we are hopeful the content will be released as soon as possible for Xbox 360 users. The delay is likely to push the release past this week; however, please continue checking the official website for updates. While we understand this isn’t positive news, we thank everyone for their understanding and patience, and we will do everything we can to remedy the situation.

WWE All Stars features 30 legendary competitors and current-day WWE Superstars combined, each of which took significant time to master and perfect. While waiting patiently for the upcoming content, make sure to continue honing your skills with the characters in-game, as there are a ton of deep combos and intriguing moves waiting to be mastered.

Late release, especially this long after release for PRE-ORDER, should be FREE.

i know what you guys are saying every all stars board i read people are getting pissed off and demanding that the 360 users get cody and dusty free of charge since this dlc will be late. how much c*ck of sony's is thq sucking letting ps3 always have the wrestling dlc early its really bad. i think wwe needs to switch to a gaming company that knows what its doing like Ubisoft or Rockstar or some company with a brain

I love their attempt at a lil misdirection here.. It doesnt matter if there were 50 playable characters!! The fact is ya'll dropped the ball again wit DLC!!! "Make sure to continue honing your skills!!" lol.. My skills is quite honed, I was ready 4 some Shake Rattle and Roll Baby!!!!

On the next podcast, why doesn't someone ask them point blank why no one in the company ever seems to know what's going on with DLC? And when they say you don't know the business, ask why Rock Band apparently understands it so much better than THQ, considering they get their DLC released on time every week of the year -- no problems, no excuses.

With THQ, it's like, "Well we might have 3 or we might have 4 packs. And you should see the first sometime within the next 3 months. We're still trying to figure this out. It's a very complicated process and none of the problems we run into ever come from our end. So we can't give you a hard date, because when it'll be released is a surprise to us even. Oh, and we don't do title updates either. That game already shipped."

^^ It is simple...THQ has absolutely no one under contract that knows how to handle DLC releases. Other companies can give DLC exact release dates months in advance and THQ doesn't even know what is going on from day to day. Also their story has changed multiple times. First it was that the DLC wasn't done at all. Then everyone found out that the PS3 patch was ALL of the MDM pack data so how can it still be worked on if all the data was released? Now it is "technical issues". So how can the PS3 get patched and have multiple DLC releases while the 360 version gets absolutely nothing? With the rise of DLC in the past few years I have not seen any company that is as inept with their handling of DLC as THQ. Also for the people that say well you have to blame that "evil" MS, how can other companies get patches and DLC done at the drop of a hat and get all of the certification done in no time while THQ can't get 1 DLC release for their WWE games right ever?

THQ will do their usual corporate BS and say that we will just have to have patience. Here is my question to them: After 3 years of problem after problem would you have patience? Maybe one day THQ will be a real big-boy company but I doubt that day will ever come.

I wonder if eventually people will get fired over this BS. Probably not because it seems like they give their employees a trophy just for trying and not for actually getting things done correctly.

On the next podcast, why doesn't someone ask them point blank why no one in the company ever seems to know what's going on with DLC? And when they say you don't know the business, ask why Rock Band apparently understands it so much better than THQ, considering they get their DLC released on time every week of the year -- no problems, no excuses.

With THQ, it's like, "Well we might have 3 or we might have 4 packs. And you should see the first sometime within the next 3 months. We're still trying to figure this out. It's a very complicated process and none of the problems we run into ever come from our end. So we can't give you a hard date, because when it'll be released is a surprise to us even. Oh, and we don't do title updates either. That game already shipped."

This is actually totally fair coming from someone who doesn't know the industry/process.

There are a few things I wanted to touch on though.

- Songs are different than fully modeled characters with movesets, entrances, etc.

- You may think this is years in a row that DLC has been handled unfavorably by us, but consider that there are two teams that have absolutely nothing to do with one another (other than they are making a WWE game).

- This was simply a fix that needed to be implemented that wasn't, and it was unforeseen. We found out that we couldn't put it out during the MS submission process, and now we're trying to fix the issue. We found out literally last night (that's how close things come to being released), and then we put the info out.

You guys are right, in my experience at other places, I haven't run into DLC issues like I have here. There isn't really anything to say about it other than we apologize, but at the end of the day, we don't want to put something out that has the potential to break on you.

What was the "unforseen" problem? What was the "fix"? This is why people that work on the DLC need to comment on this.

Why does the unforeseen problem have any impact on your side on whether the DLC delay is warranted?

We submit our DLC to MS and Sony for approval. They test it as well, and then approve or not approve. At the last minute we found something that needed fixed. We're fixing it, and then re-submitting for approval to put it out. It was unforeseen (hence last minute), and now we're working on it again.

This has nothing to do with the person who actually working on the DLC speaking, and everything to do with you specifically wanting to hear something that we simply can't b/c it's not true.

- We found out we had an issue with our DLC last minute

- We communicated to you guys of the delay the moment that we heard back officially

- We're working to fix and push out the DLC

Can't be anymore transparent than that, my man.

Yeah...how dare anyone that has bought the game want to know the actual problem? We should be ashamed of ourselves for even asking.

That was a question, not me implying anything.

The problem was that there was an issue with the DLC on MS that we're fixing, and it came up in the last minute of testing before the DLC was released.

The original questions and motives around this thread centered on why the DLC was delayed and why PS3 players were favored. I hope that my answers have dispelled those assumptions.

I am just trying to figure out why no one will say the actual problem. That is simply the reason I wish the dev team members working on the DLC would say what is going on.

"What is the problem?"

"An issue"

"Well what is it?"

"An issue"

"Which was...?"

"An issue"

repeat for eternity

Does it really matter what the problem is? Your never going to run into the problem now that it was brought to their attention, they're working on getting it fixed, and they never said it was going to be a long delay. It could be up in a couple weeks.

Also, why should they be free? Because there was one little delay you expect them to give you the stuff free? That makes no sense. If the DLC was not being released until October then maybe, but this will likely be out by mid May at the latest, depending how long it takes MS to approve it. So quit whining about it, would you rather have the DLC now and broken, or wait a couple weeks and have it fully working?

Also I do not work for THQ, I just think that some of the stuff you guys are whining about is just stupid.

I am just trying to figure out why no one will say the actual problem. That is simply the reason I wish the dev team members working on the DLC would say what is going on.

"What is the problem?"

"An issue"

"Well what is it?"

"An issue"

"Which was...?"

"An issue"

repeat for eternity

Totally fair, I'm just pointing out that the issue you want to know about won't solve anything that this thread was originally made for.

I personally don't know the issue. It could be anything from when someone has a controller plugged in and it's pulled right as someone does the Million Dollar Dream, the game could crash (yes, this stuff happens). I'll tell you what, I'll track down the issue specifically.

I know the thread was originally made for one topic but we are past that now (obviously)

also asking why we would want them to release the DLC for free for a limited time? well it would be a gesture of good will on THQ's part to make up for the delay which other companies have done in the past. they ask for patience why can't we ask for a show of good will from them in return? no one expects this to happen but it doesn't hurt bringing up the idea.

What was the "unforseen" problem? What was the "fix"? This is why people that work on the DLC need to comment on this.

Why does the unforeseen problem have any impact on your side on whether the DLC delay is warranted?

We submit our DLC to MS and Sony for approval. They test it as well, and then approve or not approve. At the last minute we found something that needed fixed. We're fixing it, and then re-submitting for approval to put it out. It was unforeseen (hence last minute), and now we're working on it again.

This has nothing to do with the person who actually working on the DLC speaking, and everything to do with you specifically wanting to hear something that we simply can't b/c it's not true.

- We found out we had an issue with our DLC last minute

- We communicated to you guys of the delay the moment that we heard back officially

- We're working to fix and push out the DLC

Can't be anymore transparent than that, my man.

Is the fix goin 2 include being able 2 use the moves from DLC with our CAWS?

Archived