MDM PACK AVAILABLE ON PSN! NO 360 WTF

SeannyBlack

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's clear that you guys already made your beliefs and decisions before I even decided to post. Continue on, and let me know whenever you'd like some clarification. I'll be here to help you out.

I've worked at different companies and regardless of what goes on everywhere else, I've had different experiences everywhere. What we're saying is truth relative to us, I can't speak for other developers.

Anyway, my bad, I'll let you get back to your beliefs. Just wanted to check in.

PS3 people hardly get anything first, although wrestling games to tend to favour PSN users more than Xbox Live...

I've noticed this to be true too so this doesn't bother me too much, as long as we get it soon and it's not delayed a few more weeks. Im more upset about them getting the Mortal Kombat demo a month ago and 360 users still haven't gotten it yet with the release nearly a week away.

PS3 people hardly get anything first, although wrestling games to tend to favour PSN users more than Xbox Live...

I've noticed this to be true too so this doesn't bother me too much, as long as we get it soon and it's not delayed a few more weeks. Im more upset about them getting the Mortal Kombat demo a month ago and 360 users still haven't gotten it yet with the release nearly a week away.

It was Playstation Plus only, meaning exclusive to the users that pay for the exclusive content. I'm not sure if it was later released for the free users, though. Also, it's similar to how we had Crysis 2 MP demo and they didn't.

It's clear that you guys already made your beliefs and decisions before I even decided to post. Continue on, and let me know whenever you'd like some clarification. I'll be here to help you out.

I've worked at different companies and regardless of what goes on everywhere else, I've had different experiences everywhere. What we're saying is truth relative to us, I can't speak for other developers.

If you make a huge wall of text explaining it step-by-step and the difficulty of communication it takes then I will believe you. Not trying to be hard on you, but if a bunch of other developers choose their dates, why is it any different for THQ?

Please don't take this personally Marcus, but it's hard to believe anything the Smackdown team say anymore after the constant lies and half truths dating years back now. I know you were not there for them, (which is why i don't want you to think this is a personal attack at yourself) but even though you are there now, it still seems to be happening.

With The MDM pack, a statement was placed on the official forum stating that they were still being worked on and thats why they were not ready for release and that we need to be patient as you wanted them as balanced as possible. Most of the community accepted this. However, on release day a 200mb patch is released on PS3. People thought nothing of it and assumed it was for bug fixes and the Stone Cold kick. Then the MDM pack is released and is a 100kb unlock file. Therefore you weren't still working on it when you said you were after release day as they were either on the disc or in that patch. If it was a QA problem at MS or Sony then you should have said so, but you didn't. THQ made a Story up that you were still working on it. Your company seem to be treating us like a bunch of idiots. Other Publishers have already been open about how all these things work including MS and Sony. If THQ don't operate the way all the others do, then that is THQs problem as a company.

The thing is i don't think it's THQ as a whole that has these issues as Violition have no delays with there content and they are able to announce it's release weeks in advance. You also said that you couldn't tell Sony or MS when they come onto the stores, yet you never had that problem with Smackdowns DLC. (except DLC 3 which was SCEA's fault). Again THQ are treating us like idiots.

The data for the MDM pack was in the patch that PS3 got on Day 1 and 360 users have still yet to see. Also Marcus said he would investigate that and never said another word about it. Charles is the one that said the 360 users would probably get the patch when the MDM pack is released whenever that will be. So, any update on that "investigation" Marcus? Pretty sure it doesn't take 2 weeks to ask one question.

First of all, approvals take longer on xbox. Period. With Action Arcade Wrestling, I didnt even know when the game/patches would be released. I kept checking online just like everybody else.

I guess the only thing they could have done was wait until xbox was approved, then submit the psn version. Either way, generation entitlement will cry, so really it doesn't matter.

But I have a question, stephensonmc. When I patch my indie wrestling game, it's easy. I just upload the entire game again and that's what people download. So I can change absolutely anything. With a retail game, that's not an option. So how are patches determined? Do you have to define what is scalable and what is not before hand? Like you patched the stunner - did you decide that animations are updatable?

Let's say you wanted to release a patch that changed that all stars arena ring ropes to red, white, and blue. Let's say that's just a fantastic no-brainer idea. Is that even possible programatically? Or do those updatable areas have to be pre-determined in the wireframe stage? Did I mention that red/white/blue ropes on the all stars arena would be a fantastic idea?

The data for the MDM pack was in the patch that PS3 got on Day 1 and 360 users have still yet to see. Also Marcus said he would investigate that and never said another word about it. Charles is the one that said the 360 users would probably get the patch when the MDM pack is released whenever that will be. So, any update on that "investigation" Marcus? Pretty sure it doesn't take 2 weeks to ask one question.

Sure thing. The "synching" of patches and DLC was another reason why the DLC was delayed. We were not only working on the DLC, but we were trying to get them out at the same. That obviously didn't happen.

I just don't understand how they can say they were still working on the DLC weeks later if all of the MDM data was released on Day 1 to PS3 users.

I am just waiting for the inevitable "We're sorry, we won't be making the target date of the DLC release for 360 users. Please follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook and join our official forums at WWEAllStars.com for official updates. Did we mention if you have a PS3 you wouldn't be getting screwed around like this?"

I just don't understand how they can say they were still working on the DLC weeks later if all of the MDM data was released on Day 1 to PS3 users.

I am just waiting for the inevitable "We're sorry, we won't be making the target date of the DLC release for 360 users. Please follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook and join our official forums at WWEAllStars.com for official updates. Did we mention if you have a PS3 you wouldn't be getting screwed around like this?"

Your sarcasm is quite amusing. You act as if we want to delay this stuff. Logic would tell you that we're trying to get it out as fast as possible.

Making DLC is not just making models, entrances, movesets, animations, etc. It's actually getting the fresh DLC to actually work in the game. Making the DLC interact with a shipped disc product. That as a whole is "making DLC." So you've downloaded (if you're a PS3 user) two files that actually make our DLC work in the game. That's the delay, we need the DLC to work as best as possible in the game.

First of all, approvals take longer on xbox. Period. With Action Arcade Wrestling, I didnt even know when the game/patches would be released. I kept checking online just like everybody else.

I guess the only thing they could have done was wait until xbox was approved, then submit the psn version. Either way, generation entitlement will cry, so really it doesn't matter.

But I have a question, stephensonmc. When I patch my indie wrestling game, it's easy. I just upload the entire game again and that's what people download. So I can change absolutely anything. With a retail game, that's not an option. So how are patches determined? Do you have to define what is scalable and what is not before hand? Like you patched the stunner - did you decide that animations are updatable?

Let's say you wanted to release a patch that changed that all stars arena ring ropes to red, white, and blue. Let's say that's just a fantastic no-brainer idea. Is that even possible programatically? Or do those updatable areas have to be pre-determined in the wireframe stage? Did I mention that red/white/blue ropes on the all stars arena would be a fantastic idea?

Thanks for this question. It's always refreshing to get questions without backhanded assumptions. :)

Anyway, when we patch we have only three limitations:

1.) File size: both MS and Sony mandate this

2.) Time

3.) Budget

Whenever a patch is a possibility, we look first at everything we'd like to fix or change and prioritize that list. Then we look at that list over again when our engineers come back and say how many days (time) each fix would take. We then find out how much money it would cost to change or fix each item and then prioritize again. What we can do within the time, budget, and file size parameters is what's patched. The things that fall off are things that just simply couldn't be done due to the above issues.

Long story short, anything can be patched but those three issues limit us on what's actually possible.

Your sarcasm is quite amusing. You act as if we want to delay this stuff. Logic would tell you that we're trying to get it out as fast as possible.

Making DLC is not just making models, entrances, movesets, animations, etc. It's actually getting the fresh DLC to actually work in the game. Making the DLC interact with a shipped disc product. That as a whole is "making DLC." So you've downloaded (if you're a PS3 user) two files that actually make our DLC work in the game. That's the delay, we need the DLC to work as best as possible in the game.

What you said would make sense if it wasn't for the fact that the second file (The MGM pack) on the store wasn't a 100kb unlock file. The MDM Pack was on PS3 Hard drives on release day from the 200mb patch and the 100kb file unlocked them. Like i said before, if there was a delay in QA from MS & Sony, then say so. Don't make up stories claiming you were still working on them. I'm not accusing THQ of delaying content for laughs and giggles because that doesn't make money for you, but please stop telling lies to the people who faithfully buy your products yearly. There is only so much us buyers will take, then your sales will drop when people stop buying it, then eventually you won't be making the games that you love.

I mean tbh Marcus, to point out someone elses sarcasm when nearly every post you have written here has shown sarcasm, is a bit hypocritical and arrogant. We have complaints every year about the way the THQ wrestling devs tell lies and half truths about the games and yet THQ don't see anything wrong with this. If it's the same complaints every year then frankly there are issues that need to be resolved.

Wow, that's really informative. Thank you.

So in otherwords,the retro arena idea I had...

It would be easier to simply texture swap the all stars arena as opposed to creating, say, the wrestlemania arena and adding it to the list of arenas because...

file size - mostly code - you would only be adding a rep rope texture since blue and white are already in the game. as opposed to an entire arenda model(s)

time - would be quicker because modeling the new arena would take time.

budget - it would fit into the budget better because not only would you have to model and texture the new arena, but also it would have a design impact because the current arena select screen was designed to only support 6 arenas.

Well, I'd humbly submit my suggestion to the priority list then :)

Thank you for your response!

What you said would make sense if it wasn't for the fact that the second file (The MGM pack) on the store wasn't a 100kb unlock file. The MDM Pack was on PS3 Hard drives on release day from the 200mb patch and the 100kb file unlocked them. Like i said before, if there was a delay in QA from MS & Sony, then say so. Don't make up stories claiming you were still working on them. I'm not accusing THQ of delaying content for laughs and giggles because that doesn't make money for you, but please stop telling lies to the people who faithfully buy your products yearly. There is only so much us buyers will take, then your sales will drop when people stop buying it, then eventually you won't be making the games that you love.

I mean tbh Marcus, to point out someone elses sarcasm when nearly every post you have written here has shown sarcasm, is a bit hypocritical and arrogant. We have complaints every year about the way the THQ wrestling devs tell lies and half truths about the games and yet THQ don't see anything wrong with this. If it's the same complaints every year then frankly there are issues that need to be resolved.

My sarcasm (don't mistake it for arrogance) is due to yours at me. I'm here to tell you the truth, and if you don't believe it, then there's nothing else I can do. You guys seem to believe you know what you're talking about so why ask? That's not sarcasm, that's real questions. I'm telling you what we absolutely know and you guys turn a blind eye to it. Not looking to get into a war here, but this is a routine thing with you guys specifically on this site. You refuse to accept anything other than your own thoughts.

We delayed the DLC because it wasn't finished. Again, bring logic into the mix and ask yourself why we would ever WANT to delay DLC?

It would be easier to simply texture swap the all stars arena as opposed to creating, say, the wrestlemania arena and adding it to the list of arenas because...

file size - mostly code - you would only be adding a rep rope texture since blue and white are already in the game. as opposed to an entire arenda model(s)

budget - it would fit into the budget better because not only would you have to model and texture the new arena, but also it would have a design impact because the current arena select screen was designed to only support 6 arenas.

Usually a patch is done to fix current designed features, not add additional. Great suggestion, just want to set your expectations my man. Send me your indie wrestling game thoughts whenever you'd like.

Yes, I was being sarcastic. Let's see though, there has been problems with DLC for THQ wrestling games since 2009. So years later with the same issues happening every single time means obviously the people working on DLC at THQ have no idea what they are doing. THQ says they have learned from mistakes in the past with DLC releases but in my opinion I don't see it. Come on, with THQ's track record for years now with DLC would any 360 user be surprised if this got pushed back indefinitely? Maybe a few years from now THQ will hire people who actually know how to handle DLC releases like every other publisher does.

Again, if all of the data for the MDM Pack was released to PS3 users from Day 1 and was just unlocked with a 100 kb file and not updated with more "polished" content, how can THQ say that they were still working on that DLC?

Yes, I was being sarcastic. Let's see though, there has been problems with DLC for THQ wrestling games since 2009. So years later with the same issues happening every single time means obviously the people working on DLC at THQ have no idea what they are doing. THQ says they have learned from mistakes in the past with DLC releases but in my opinion I don't see it. Come on, with THQ's track record for years now with DLC would any 360 user be surprised if this got pushed back indefinitely? Maybe a few years from now THQ will hire people who actually know how to handle DLC releases like every other publisher does.

Again, if all of the data for the MDM Pack was released to PS3 users from Day 1 and was just unlocked and not updated with more "polished" content, how can THQ say that they were still working on that DLC?

Because we were still working on the DLC. :) Fair statement about how our DLC is going. No excuses, we need to get a hell of a lot better than we are now.

My sarcasm (don't mistake it for arrogance) is due to yours at me. I'm here to tell you the truth, and if you don't believe it, then there's nothing else I can do. You guys seem to believe you know what you're talking about so why ask? That's not sarcasm, that's real questions. I'm telling you what we absolutely know and you guys turn a blind eye to it. Not looking to get into a war here, but this is a routine thing with you guys specifically on this site. You refuse to accept anything other than your own thoughts.

We delayed the DLC because it wasn't finished. Again, bring logic into the mix and ask yourself why we would ever WANT to delay DLC?

Usually a patch is done to fix current designed features, not add additional. Great suggestion, just want to set your expectations my man. Send me your indie wrestling game thoughts whenever you'd like.

I really do understand why the content wasn't ready for download on release day as no doubt that 100kb file would have to go through MS & Sony's QA. The issue i've got is that on the All Stars Forum, it was written on there that it wasn't finished and you were still working on it. If the data was included in the 200mb patch on release and you were waiting for Microsoft & Sony to do there testing on the DLC then say that. Instead someone chose to tell us you were still balancing the characters.

I'm not trying to have an argument with yourselves, i'm just looking for answers myself. Also the reason people know of MS & Sony's processes is because other devs, including MS & Sony, have openly expressed how they work. i think it's probably a good idea to openly explain how THQs processes for getting content approved work. Believe me i'm not accusing you of holding content back. It would make no sense for any dev to do such a thing.

Sorry to jump into the conversation, but with all this talk of DLC and Patches I have a request.....

Can I get a harder difficulty please? Seriously though, I would love to continue playing this game against the cpu but holy ass it's so easy on All Star that it's sad.

Lets recap

1. Dont be afraid to make hard games

2. Patch in a harder difficulty

3. Sorry I interrupted the thread with my request/complaint

4. Seriously though, patch in a harder difficulty

Archived