MDM PACK AVAILABLE ON PSN! NO 360 WTF

SeannyBlack

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They said this was a "synching" problem between the systems or whatever. Couldn't they have just easily held off releasing the content for PS3 for one week? Also in their statement they begin it with saying that the content WILL be out on or before the target date then they end it with they are "working hard to meet the date". Which is it? So far post-launch everything has been lining up for PS3 users while 360 users are sitting with nothing to show for it.

Patch on launch day: PS3 got it...360 didn't

Million Dollar Pack: PS3 Yes...360 Not Yet

Honky Tonk Man: PS3 Yes...360 Not Yet

Rhodes Pack: PS3 Yes...360 Not Yet

I am hoping this isn't some kind of exclusive deal that they are trying to brush under the rug. I personally don't think it is but it has all the appearances of them having done that.

They said this was a "synching" problem between the systems or whatever. Couldn't they have just easily held off releasing the content for PS3 for one week? Also in their statement they begin it with saying that the content WILL be out on or before the target date then they end it with they are "working hard to meet the date". Which is it? So far post-launch everything has been lining up for PS3 users while 360 users are sitting with nothing to show for it.

I am hoping this isn't some kind of exclusive deal that they are trying to brush under the rug. I personally don't think it is but it has all the appearances of them having done that.

We don't have a choice when Sony/Microsoft releases DLC (hence the on or before April 19th). At the time of launch, it wasn't ready like we said. When we say we're working hard to get it out on 360, it means that we're trying to go through the communication channels to get it up there.

Just to give you guys an idea on communication in this business, we don't have a magic microsoft/sony red phone that connects to the ONE person in the entire world that puts DLC up on the marketplace. There are multiple people involved from different parts of the company that had a hand in the DLC from a messaging and development perspective.

Long story short, we don't and can't control the "synching" of Microsoft and Sony DLC releases, but if you want to know anymore info, click here to read about what's going on.

Now you Xbox users knows how it feels to be last to get DLC. Ps3 users had to wait for SVR2011 DLC.

Ps3 got DLC 3 first...

It's about time PSN gets something earlier than Xbox.

Scott Pilgrim vs The World The Game says hi!

Stoked that the figure 4 ted sr has is different then the one michaels has.

Keeps the characters unique.

After seeing Honky Tonks punt I REALLY wish they would have given that animation to Orton, well without the crotch kick.

We don't have a choice when Sony/Microsoft releases DLC (hence the on or before April 19th). At the time of launch, it wasn't ready like we said. When we say we're working hard to get it out on 360, it means that we're trying to go through the communication channels to get it up there.

Just to give you guys an idea on communication in this business, we don't have a magic microsoft/sony red phone that connects to the ONE person in the entire world that puts DLC up on the marketplace. There are multiple people involved from different parts of the company that had a hand in the DLC from a messaging and development perspective.

Long story short, we don't and can't control the "synching" of Microsoft and Sony DLC releases, but if you want to know anymore info, click here to read about what's going on.

Bull. I've read these forums for a long time, and the one thing I've noticed is that you and anyone else affiliated with THQ talk dance around questions like politicians. Why is it that the only games out of the countless multi-platform games I own, only THQ's WWE games seemingly always have their DLC released first on the PS3? Either Microsoft doesn't care about you and take you seriously, or you guys are completely inept. I'd believe either.

Is it a big deal to wait one week? Not really, but understand that the entire reason people get so pissed off about this stuff now is because of the colossal middle finger 360 users received when the PS3 got the SvR 2009 DLC damn near four months earlier than the 360, and with more content to boot. Now here we are onto this game, and they've gotten patched on release day, and five DLC characters that we've yet to receive. I don't care who is to blame, it's a load of bull either way. If you guys want to be fair to your consumers and it's really a delay thing, how about you tell both Sony and Microsoft that the content is not to be released until (insert date)? Why act like there's NOTHING you guys can do to stop this from continually happening?

I've been giving THQ my money every year since WCW vs. NWO World Tour, and continue to do so because you guys put out the best and pretty much only options for wrestling games each year. I'm not alone in this, and I think there are a good deal of us who do the same thing. Why should loyal consumers be screwed over because they obviously purchased the wrong console? Had I known there would be constant favoritism to the PS3 (and don't say otherwise, because PS3 got twice the content for SvR 09), I would have just bought a damned PS3.

Get it together. People pay for your product on more than one console.

Bull. I've read these forums for a long time, and the one thing I've noticed is that you and anyone else affiliated with THQ talk dance around questions like politicians. Why is it that the only games out of the countless multi-platform games I own, only THQ's WWE games seemingly always have their DLC released first on the PS3? Either Microsoft doesn't care about you and take you seriously, or you guys are completely inept. I'd believe either.

Is it a big deal to wait one week? Not really, but understand that the entire reason people get so pissed off about this stuff now is because of the colossal middle finger 360 users received when the PS3 got the SvR 2009 DLC damn near four months earlier than the 360, and with more content to boot. Now here we are onto this game, and they've gotten patched on release day, and five DLC characters that we've yet to receive. I don't care who is to blame, it's a load of bull either way. If you guys want to be fair to your consumers and it's really a delay thing, how about you tell both Sony and Microsoft that the content is not to be released until (insert date)? Why act like there's NOTHING you guys can do to stop this from continually happening?

I've been giving THQ my money every year since WCW vs. NWO World Tour, and continue to do so because you guys put out the best and pretty much only options for wrestling games each year. I'm not alone in this, and I think there are a good deal of us who do the same thing. Why should loyal consumers be screwed over because they obviously purchased the wrong console? Had I known there would be constant favoritism to the PS3 (and don't say otherwise, because PS3 got twice the content for SvR 09), I would have just bought a damned PS3.

Get it together. People pay for your product on more than one console.

Pretty much the bolded statement. I know for a fact, that they lie.

i agree with the above statement i am a 360 user myself and I am sick and tired of seeing ps3 getting the new wwe dlc a week before the release date while we 360 users have to wait and deal with THQ's b*llshit lies and wait. For once thq can u make the next all stars dlc come out for the 360 first and stop sucking sony's *censored* seesh. Like the above statement said had i know sony was getting the favorite i would have gotten that consle instead.

so i cant purchase the Ted and Ted SR its just for those who have the code, I thought they would be releasing it for everyone to get

I think for THQ to say that they or any publisher have no control of DLC releases is a flat out lie. If they have no say whatsoever then how can countless publishers issue exact release dates for DLC months in advance?. To say that Sony and MS release DLC when they want to is just false. THQ had to know that Sony was going to release the DLC yesterday. They could have told Sony to stop the release just like many other companies have had to do with pushing DLC back for various reasons. They chose to not say a word. Also they could have issued a release BEFORE the DLC was released on the PS3 but they didn't.

I think for THQ to say that they or any publisher have no control of DLC releases is a flat out lie. If they have no say whatsoever then how can countless publishers issue exact release dates for DLC months in advance?. To say that Sony and MS release DLC when they want to is just false. THQ had to know that Sony was going to release the DLC yesterday. They could have told Sony to stop the release just like many other companies have had to do with pushing DLC back for various reasons. They chose to not say a word. Also they could have issued a release BEFORE the DLC was released on the PS3 but they didn't.

This. THQ has control over what day they can release the DLC. MS/Sony doesn't. They say "Okay, the content is approved, when do you want it to be released?" (just a metaphor) and that's fact. I know this,I've done my research, I've talked to other community managers and developers on other forums.

I don't really understand why people humor THQ when it comes to stuff like this.

Their track record speaks for itself.

Either it's a flat lie or half-truth when it comes to them nowadays. Like Alex said, numerous developers and community managers have spoken on this subject before and say they DO have control.

Archived