This game is almost as good as sex

simmo0508

Just another bunch of random comments for the game and looking to hear from those who are feeling the same.

I've been sick of the SVR for a few years now. I still buy them all, but actually enjoying them i haven't been. Over this past weekend i had a good thrash at All Stars and put some decent time into learning the engine again (i have Impact as well so was still used to the core mechanics). I'm getting addicted to the game itself now. I think it's up there with No Mercy personally. So many similarities in terms of the grapple system and the striking. Even the energy meters, that's been improved upon from No Mercy what with the interrupting Finisher taunts and adding the element of strategy towards certain forms of offense.

That's what i love most about this game i think. There's an actual challenge during the match compared to SVR. SVR is just about knowing when to reverse, and then watching an animation play out. Legend difficulty was way too easy. I love how in All Stars it's never clear whether you've nailed the move or not, as there's almost counters to reverse counters in the first place. That element of danger adds to the excitement level of the matches.

At first i was hesitant in buying the game because i thought it'd be lacking in moves and the game would just be a WWE version of Impact, but they've put in tons of personalised moves on top of the fighter classes. That's another thing over SVR. Each character FEELS different to play as, and like in say Street Fighter or Mortal Kombat, each character has pros and cons. They have their own style of play. In SVR, every character literally handles the same due to the engine used.

Every class is fun to play as. Brawlers can get some sick striking combos out and drain your opponents health bar in seconds. Grapplers have a learning curve to get the timing of the chains correctly, but it's very satisfying to pull off a 7-move grapple chain. Big Men are awesome fun to play as, booting people out of the ring and the sheer power of the moves themselves. Acrobats are alright, but i find them limited and their high flying attacks easily reversible.

To anyone doubting the current retail price, just shut up and buy it. Trust me, it's way more fun than SVR. The replayability does not come from the modes, it comes from learning each and every character;s differences and creating insane moments. Another plus is that the online is nowhere near as laggy as SVR, and counters can be pulled off and the matches in general are a lot less nooby since things like running do drain energy and big moves cannot be spammed without consequence. Each class has benefits over others, so you can out-think your online opponent and actually put some strategy into it.

If they just expand the CAW mode in the next game (there better be a next game... they should treat this as the "World Tour" of the AKI series) and put in some more match types, they're onto a real winner here.

The charm is not the huge models. It's not the graphics. It's not the crazy flippididoo specials. It's the core gameplay and how fun it is to master the combo system and the pace of the game.

Brings back so many memories of how good wrestling games used to be. Then again, i've always been an arcade video game fan over a sim fan.

Anyone else the same?!

inb4 tldr & coolstorybro

Hey! Stop the criticism about the comparison; maybe this man is meaning that this game is better than BAD sex. And I agree. Everyone has been unfortunate enough, some time, to experience BAD sex; which means odd grapples and hard to counter s**t! So we can say that BAD sex is like Showdown: Legends Of Wrestling. Obviously, All Stars is better!! :lol:

Oh... And yes, the game is endless fun!

I admit All Stars is fun kinda like SD1, SD2 were but then people didnt want arcadey games so sims were made now people complain about that..Eventually they will happen with All stars if people complain about the arcade look..the only thing I like about the gameplay is character specific moves but its arcadey..so if you guys want that dont complain about it else it will go the SD way to become a sim

I admit All Stars is fun kinda like SD1, SD2 were but then people didnt want arcadey games so sims were made now people complain about that..Eventually they will happen with All stars if people complain about the arcade look..the only thing I like about the gameplay is character specific moves but its arcadey..so if you guys want that dont complain about it else it will go the SD way to become a sim

Long-term, i don't see why'd they'd go that route however. It'd create minimal value for SVR if that were the case, having 2 series by the same company THQ within the same niche. One would have to get the chop.

SVR is massively successful in terms of sales on the back of the WWE name, so i'd be interested to hear how All Stars does with consumers since it's also a WWE branded product and heavily advertised on TV.

If All Stars is successful, i don't see why they couldn't expand on the game and have one series for arcade and one series for sim. If All Stars doesn't sell, then i could understand not bothering with a sequel.

But as a game itself, All Stars is much more fun to play imo. SVR has the modes and the endless creativity sure, that's why i like SVR for that, but the gameplay for SVR is yawn inducing once all moves have been performed and all characters used etc. The speed of the game is way too slow, even for a sim imo.

When it comes to video games in general these days, sometimes being too realistic has an effect on the fun factor and the enjoyment level of the game itself. Sometimes they literally suck the life out of it, purely to create a correct representation of reality.

LOL@thiscomparison. But I completely agree with you, TS.

If you think that then you must of not had sex before i just have a terrible dislike for this game

:argh:

Change your username, change your avatar, change your sig, otherwise we riot!

... no seriously, Rebecca Black just plain sucks.

Archived