Sting ('88)

roost3r

Originally I was working on a early '90s version of Sting with the neon trunks and facepaint. I know there's a much higher demand for the "Crow Sting" than "Surfer Sting", but it's been fun to work on this version since only a few people gave a shot at creating him. Well my early '90s Sting turned into 1988 inspired Sting. The year he had his great time limit draw match with Ric Flair on Clash of the Champions. I remember seeing this match as a real young kid and thinking it was the best match I'd ever seen. The match still holds up to this day. Still working on Sting, but he's looking better than he did last time. Match inspiration is posted below.

21152ko.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghiJgHV0j3Y

Sting '88 formula below

Name: Sting

Move Set: Bret Hart

Finisher: Sharpshooter

Height: 6'3"

Face Type: 1

Head Shape: 35 - 90 - 85 - 56

Skull Shape: 90 - 25 - 45 - 5 - 50 - 66

Cheek Shape: 48 - 53 - 55 - 70

Ear Shape: 90 - 60 - 50 - 65

Brow Shape: 55 - 50 - 54 - 70 - 40

Eye Shape: 78 - 29 - 1 - 40 - 45 - 35 - 70

Nose Shape: 50 - 43 - 65 - 44 - 65 - 70 - 45 - 40 - 60

Mouth Shape: 50 - 34 - 69 - 66 - 55 - 55 - 20

Jaw Shape: 75 - 58 - 10 - 58 - 65

Eyes

Color 1: 4 - 16 - 9

Color 2: 20 - 1 - 10

Eyebrows: 41

Color: 0 - 1 - 9

Hair Style: 40

Color: 13 - 5 - 7

Skin Type: 1

Skin Color: 1 - 1 - 8

Definition: 1

Head Stubble Style: 4

Color: 13 - 4 - 6

Primary Makeup Style: 5

Color 1: 0 - 1 - 10

Color 2: 0 - 1 - 10

Secondary Makeup Style: 60

Color 1: 0 - 3 - 1

Color 2: 0 - 3 - 1

Skin Type: 1

Color: 18 - 1 - 10

Definition 5

Overall Body Scale: 50

Chest: 50 - 55 - 60

Shoulders: 55 - 58 - 60

Abdomen: 50 - 55 - 60

Waist: 55 - 55

Arms: 65 - 60

Hands Scale: 50

Legs: 57 - 67

Feet: 50

Wrist Tape Style: 5

Color 1: 20 - 1 - 10

Color 2: 20 - 1 - 10

Tights Style: 35

Color 1: 3 - 1 - 10

Color 2: 3 - 1 - 10

Knee Pads Style: 12

Color 1: 3 - 1 - 10

Color 2: 3 - 1 - 10

Boots and Shoes Style: 8

Color 1: 0 - 1 - 3

Color 2: 0 - 1 - 10

Body Decal Style: 8-C

Color 1: 8 - 5 - 4

Color 2: 0 - 27 - 1

2z51xfo.jpg

Sting Alternate available upon request

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeah i like it my fav was around 96 when he had the black hair but colorful facepaint... oh yeah off topic FYI i took scorpion sting thru Randy Orton's POC finally beat it but damn HHH and Cena were unbelievably cheap!!! LOL

Sting seems like a toughie to capture in All Stars. This isn't looking bad at all, though. I'll be looking forward to the final product. Still excited about that there British Bulldog, though. :P

He won't be a toughie when I'm done with him. I will definitely get Sting right... eventually.

Just make his head stubble hair a little darker like the pics. Great stuff

I couldn't get a clear picture anywhere on the internet of that particular match. But the match above (youtube link), had his hair completely blonde and spiked higher than it was years later. I could try the darker stubble but not sure it'll work. If it adds something to the caw I'll keep it in there. Thx for the idea!

I spent the last few days working on this era's Sting, but ended up deleting him despite being somewhat happy with it. I just couldn't get the hair down, even with the morphed hat technique. I even tried his mohawkish look, but none of the results looked anywhere near as good as yours. That and the crappy default decals were annoying me, lol.

Here's the only remaining records I have of him...

deletedstinger.jpg

Can't wait for the formula for yours though.

Awesome, though he sure does look like British Bulldog that someone made in here, at least from the sides, his chin is almost as big, but very good sting none the less, I'll be making him for sure.

I tend to make my CAWs all have large, exaggerated features to go with the game. I know a few members on here are well seasoned in CAW creation for regular WWE games, so their accuracy and realistic ability is definitely going to be better than mine. With that said, I prefer the exaggerated features... it's easier. ;)

Awesome, though he sure does look like British Bulldog that someone made in here, at least from the sides, his chin is almost as big, but very good sting none the less, I'll be making him for sure.

I tend to make my CAWs all have large, exaggerated features to go with the game. I know a few members on here are well seasoned in CAW creation for regular WWE games, so their accuracy and realistic ability is definitely going to be better than mine. With that said, I prefer the exaggerated features... it's easier. ;)

And this is exactly why, in my personal opinion, you're the best All Stars CAW maker. I want my CAWs to blend in and look like they fit with the default roster, not stick out like a sore thumb. :)

And this is exactly why, in my personal opinion, you're the best All Stars CAW maker. I want my CAWs to blend in and look like they fit with the default roster, not stick out like a sore thumb. :)

No. My point was that makes me the worst. I take all the guys with easy, distinguishable features. You see me creating anybody difficult? Nope! But I appreciate your kind words, sir.

No. My point was that makes me the worst. I take all the guys with easy, distinguishable features. You see me creating anybody difficult? Nope! But I appreciate your kind words, sir.

Oh I understand that you were trying to make that point, and I understand what you mean when you say you are choosing only those who you think are easy to create. My statement was to somewhat contradict that point, though. And remember the keyword I used: All Stars CAW maker. If someone else makes a CAW in this game and it looks just like the actual wrestler, I'll admit it's good but it isn't an All Stars-type CAW. I just see that as a regular CAW, made in the All Stars game. The exaggerated features are what makes an All Stars CAW. And by that logic, you are (remember, just my opinion) the best All Stars CAW maker. :nod:

And you are welcome. Just speaking what I think (or rather "typing what I think"? :o ).

LOLlaughing.gif

good job

love it man, i went with a diffrent color scheme and tweaked jus a little with the face paint...but ur scales r on point right hear.... assoon as i figure out how to get this camera to werk id love to post some pics of my caws and see what you guys think...

Archived