S.A.W. Alumni - CAWs by Petos.

Petos

Yeah, the question mark is cool as well, can't wait to see "The Hand Grenade" Benoit was always a favorite of mine.

Ok, I've already got him ready, but I thought I'd make a few entrance shirts for him since the actual attire is pretty simplistic. Just to add something more to the CAW. I'll try to have him up by the end of the week.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Awesome caws man just awesome. Where do you get your ideas for original tattoos? That was my main problem when i just tried to paint tool a sleeve for a caw i was making i had no idea what to even begin making lol.

I have a question. What pt color code did you use for Secret's tattoo? I'm about to do a tattoo myself and I'm rubbish when it comes to colors.

I use 22, 222, 39. I believe The Von first used it on his Rock and it worked, so I'm using it too.

Awesome caws man just awesome. Where do you get your ideas for original tattoos? That was my main problem when i just tried to paint tool a sleeve for a caw i was making i had no idea what to even begin making lol.

What I usually do is think of some basic tattoo idea (dragon, tiger, axe, tribal etc.) and just search it on google. I skim through the pictures, find something simple enough to PT and base my tattoo on that. I usually get some ideas of my own while PTing it, so the tattoos are rarely straight off of google.

For example, for the half-sleeve on Grime (which is also the background of Pathos' sleeve) I searched "wave tattoo" on google and based the PT on something I found. Now that I've been doing a few of these, I don't always need a base picture. I recommend that if you want to make a completely custom tattoo, draw it out on paper first and base your PT off of that.

Really like the PT, not my personal taste in tattoos since I like coloured tattoos but these do work on these guys. Really good work on the text on Secret's attire too.

I suck at making colored tattoos, I just can't get them to look right. That's why I've been sticking to black and grey or no tattoos at all. I might try working on colored tattoos later on when I have time, but for now, I'll let you fulfill people's need for colorful tattoos. :nod:

What I usually do is think of some basic tattoo idea (dragon, tiger, axe, tribal etc.) and just search it on google. I skim through the pictures, find something simple enough to PT and base my tattoo on that. I usually get some ideas of my own while PTing it, so the tattoos are rarely straight off of google.

For example, for the half-sleeve on Grime (which is also the background of Pathos' sleeve) I searched "wave tattoo" on google and based the PT on something I found. Now that I've been doing a few of these, I don't always need a base picture. I recommend that if you want to make a completely custom tattoo, draw it out on paper first and base your PT off of that.

Alright cool ill just get a basic idea and do a broad search. And thats not a bad idea to pretty much do a rough draft on paper so you know what to start with. Thanks man. :)

Dan Williams added!

PS. Another tip for tattoo making: When shading, instead of using a lighter color to do the shade, I prefer using single dots of the same shade in sort of a "chess board" formation. Close up you can spot the difference, but in-game it looks just like proper shading.

Your PT work is just insane! absolutely amazing. i have the patience of a year old puppy so i doubt i will ever get near the level of this work. keep up the great work! hand grenade is also my favorite.

Thank you guys! I'm glad you like The Hand Grenade, the response has actually been surprisingly positive.

Three of these are now available on XBox Live. Feel free to let your opinion be known on which ones of these you'd like to be uploaded. The Hand Grenade is a given of course, he'll be uploaded when I make sure his moveset is solid.

• 2 weeks later...

New CAW added!

i like the new addition, chucky chains. only 2 minor things that are cosmetics. it might just be the haircut combined with the facepaint but i get the "fake sting" vibe from the nWo Sting from back in the day. it may be intended. it also just may be that white/black in any facial design always makes me think sting now.

i LOVE the pants. beautiful design. i could imagine those walking down the ECW ramp in their heyday. great work. i wonder if maybe (maybe just one attire) he'd be more "badass" sleeveless?

@ xMykex - I'm not completely happy with the face paint, and as it turns out, it was quite different on the original one from 2007. I might mess around with it to see if I can make it less Sting-like. Also, I might try cornrows as a hairstyle: it's what I gave him as an alternate look back in the day.

I'm glad you like the pants, I'm really happy with how they turned out. The thing about the shirt is that I don't really like the sleeveless ones in CAW mode. He originally had a tank top, but I thought this type of shirt had a cool Tommy Dreamer vibe to it. I'll play around with it and see how it'd look better.

@ GreenGobblin' - Cheers, glad you like them. I like to have a little extra something to these CAWs so they're not just stuff I slapped together. Backstories also help create an understanding as to why a CAW looks like it does. Anyway, thanks. :)

You should try the long dreadlock'd hair type, I believe it's in the 50's or 60's.

i could totally see him rocking those dreads! it might not even be just the design but maybe make one of the tears that hang below his eyes like a silver color and outline the whole pattern in a thin silver line? that may take an asston of work but might look rad.

i understand about the sleeveless, maybe a tanktop for one of the alt attires would work.

I'll probably keep this hairstyle actually. I had the dreads on an earlier version of "Secret" and the two would look too similar to me if I put them on Chucky too.

As for the face paint... I'll mess around with it but I've realized that despite his paint being similar to Sting's, the similarity fades away when you look at the CAW as a whole. Everything else on Chucky, from his attire to his gimmick, is so unlike Sting that the Sting vibe really isn't there in game IMO.

• 2 weeks later...

Some updates are up! Let your opinions be known! Also, let me know which ones you'd want up on LIVE, I'm interested in which ones generate interest. :)

Archived