Worth Full Price?

Rated J

my only issue is i actually thought that there would be like four moves per chain, but like with hollywood hogan i keep doing that shoulderbreaker and running powerslam

There is. Strong Grapple + A or B or Y or X (XBOX) all do different moves, same with light grapple. And you do different moves after doing punch combo's, so there's at least 10 standard grapples.

Oh okay thanks for that Nick... i have it for ps3, but same deal... for some reason i kept doing a powerslam or shoulderbreaker with hogan, but also that had to do with the fast gameplay...wish you could put it in slo-mo to learn the moves LOL but i'm getting there... thanks for the tips.. can't play again till wednesday because i'm moving between now and wednesday morning but will def test that when i get a chance lol...

and P.S. I'm gonna try Online once my internet is up and running.... I don't even care if i lose just wanna play some people online, have a game night in a game that actually does let me go online

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is definitely worth full price... Just had a match... I was Randy Orton vs. Honky Tonk Man (Free DLC) he went for a top rope diving attack, I caught him as he was coming down with an RKO out of nowhere kinda like how orton got CM PUnk at wrestlemania!!! Awesome!!!

The game is alot of fun, but not worth the 60 bucks. If you can get it cheaper then do it.

PoC gets really repetitive only because its the same 10 guys in the same 10 matches. If only they would have randomized the order of the match types and opponents, then it wouldnt seem like such a grind to unlock attires, most of which arent even worth it.

DLC is coming yes, but movesets, entrances and finishers will not be available for your CAWs, which begs the question... Why bother making DLC ? Since all the characters come in the 4 classes, youd basically be paying for a re-skinned Big Man (Boss Man), grappler (Jericho), etc. They really dropped the ball on the DLC

Aside from those 2 things, this game is a lot of fun. I do kind of regret pre ordering and paying full price tho, and i didnt even get a pre order MDM pack with mine :(

The game is good without a doubt one of the best wrestling games from a pure gameplay perspective. All Stars as a package just seems a little weak because honestly the cas sucks what with the lack of move choices entrances etc.

Unlocking attires is a chore because going through the same path of champions with the addition of the load times. It should just be win 5 or 10 matches with said superstar to unlock the attires.

I have been a critic of the Smackdown vs Raw series but I have to hand it to that series that is has some fantasitc create options and it has a lot of replay value, the weak point being the actualy gameplay.

If they are going to make another All Stars game they need to flesh out the whole package. Now is it worth full price kind of but I would say with a price drop it will be a better deal.

Well as far as not being able to get online cause the damn psn is down and has been down since yesterday afternoon, other than that it's a fun game... i love catching opponents by surprise with moves like the rko and the irish whip pedigree just to name a few

The game is alot of fun, but not worth the 60 bucks. If you can get it cheaper then do it.

PoC gets really repetitive only because its the same 10 guys in the same 10 matches. If only they would have randomized the order of the match types and opponents, then it wouldnt seem like such a grind to unlock attires, most of which arent even worth it.

DLC is coming yes, but movesets, entrances and finishers will not be available for your CAWs, which begs the question... Why bother making DLC ? Since all the characters come in the 4 classes, youd basically be paying for a re-skinned Big Man (Boss Man), grappler (Jericho), etc. They really dropped the ball on the DLC

Aside from those 2 things, this game is a lot of fun. I do kind of regret pre ordering and paying full price tho, and i didnt even get a pre order MDM pack with mine :(

Everyone has new and unique moves. So technically they aren't reskinned generic people... Also who said Boss Man was a Big Man?

What country you in jeff?

PSN hasn't been down for me.

I'm in the United States in Baltimore, MD... Everytime i call Sony, they say the psn is down and will be back up shortly...

EDIT: it must be back up, it's 3:47 PM and i just called and the automated thing isn't saying it's down lol

UPDATE: 4/18/11 2:40 AM EST Was just able to sign in finally!!!! LOL think it either was the PSN network, or my linksys router or a combo of both... anyway, my psn id is jeffmonty09

Archived