Just Got the Game!

maskedmaniac

I just got the game like an hour ago. Some people are going to be sorely disappointed.

Yes, as an arcade style fighting game it is pretty good, but it is when you try to make it more than that when it disappoints.

First off, the CAW mode is extremely limited, much like in TNA impact. You can morph your guy in every aspect physically but there are only about ten different hairstyles. You can't place logos freely anywhere you want, although you can change the skin color like in pre SvR11 days, but there is no transparency.

Also, as stated before you can give them custom music other than 5 or 6 pre-made generic tracks.

And as far as the moves go, there is nothing more to choose from other than the superstars that are already in the game, which includes finishers, so creating a Scott Hall or Kurt Angle will be very difficult, they will look very generic. To boot there are about 15-20 call names and they are all "The" as in "The Superstar" or "The Monster" so NO first or last names like Pat or Alex etc.

Onto the other things; as far as unlocking stuff you will be playing this for days if not weeks since almost everything is locked;

-3 out of 6 arenas are locked so only SD and Raw and Wrestlemania are already available. Also there is no fist for the SD arena.

-Every superstars alt outfits are locked.

-There are about 5 wrestlers on each side you'll have to unlock (cant remember who)

-You even have to unlock the intro themes of each wrestler to be able to give them to your caw.

-Fantasy Warfare has to be unlocked too, so you have to pass Warrior v. Sheamus to unlock the next and so on.

As far as path of champs goes, there are only 3, Undertakers, Ortons and DX and there doesn't seem to be any more to unlock.

Played it some more and noticed Mr. Perfect doens't come out with his towel, but Jake The Snake does come out with his snake.

Also fantasy warfare matches are slightly more difficult than normal exhibition matches.

The hardcore matches are a lot of fun, hitting someone with a chair is a lot more fun here than in the SvR games.

I know I shouldn't compare this game to SvR but I can't really help it, just a little disappointed with some of it's shortcomings. Maybe once everyone has it we can have some fun online.

Im gonna go and play some more for now, but if you have any questions ask and I'll do my best to answer them, peace!

Can you fight in the crowd area where the scaffolding is ????

No you can't. The game would lose it's purpose if KO was off.

Judging from what I've played on PSP, you guys will *censored*ing LOVE Cage matches and Elimination matches. There are special Cage signatures you can do that throughs your opponent high and into the cage and much more. Elimination matches are really a challenge and breaking up the moves will get chaotic.

No you can't. The game would lose it's purpose if KO was off.

Judging from what I've played on PSP, you guys will *censored*ing LOVE Cage matches and Elimination matches. There are special Cage signatures you can do that throughs your opponent high and into the cage and much more. Elimination matches are really a challenge and breaking up the moves will get chaotic.

I knew all of this but I still can't wait, ARGH EUROPE

Any cool NEW "indy/tna/roh type" of moves in the game ?

If any of the superstars have those moves, then yes. Because there is no create-a-moveset. You can only apply an in-game superstar's moveset to a CAW.

No, you can't fight in the crowd of scaffolding, you can't even go up the ramp to the entry way. Of more concern is the fact that it has already frozen on me twice while loading and I've had to restart it, this is not good as you can lose any progress made.

No autosave?

No, you can't fight in the crowd of scaffolding, you can't even go up the ramp to the entry way. Of more concern is the fact that it has already frozen on me twice while loading and I've had to restart it, this is not good as you can lose any progress made.

No autosave?

It does autosave.

No autosave?

Yeah, I forgot about that, it does have it. I only played Path of Champions once and noticed there was no autosave after my first match which meant I was gonna have to play ten matches in a row without stopping. Not entirely sure, maybe someone who passed this mode can clarify this for us.

No autosave?

Yeah, I forgot about that, it does have it. I only played Path of Champions once and noticed there was no autosave after my first match which meant I was gonna have to play ten matches in a row without stopping. Not entirely sure, maybe someone who passed this mode can clarify this for us.

I have exited in and out of Path of Champions and it does autosave so it is not in a row. Not sure about exiting the game, but if you press Exit Story it does save.

^ mom and pop shops selling before street date or illegal leaks.

oh okay i see... even though i'm confident i won't be getting this game till the price drops to 20-30$ i was just curious

I just got the game, almost hit a deer on the way to Game Stop, missed it by a few inches,downloading a 233MB patch at the moment....and on my slowass connection...it's taking like a half hour.

Ugh.

btw, do we know when HTM is dropping?

This is a mighty big patch, wonder if he's in this...or if it's just last minute bug fixes and preparations for online play?

I just got the game, almost hit a deer on the way to Game Stop, missed it by a few inches,downloading a 233MB patch at the moment....and on my slowass connection...it's taking like a half hour.

Ugh.

btw, do we know when HTM is dropping?

This is a mighty big patch, wonder if he's in this...or if it's just last minute bug fixes and preparations for online play?

Whoa, a patch and the game just came out? Let the rest of us know what it does in case we don't get to download it soon. A patch this early is surprising considering we never got the so called winter patch in SvR11.

Oh wow, the patch just finished downloading, installed, the game booted up and now I'm on a Caching data loading bar....which I've NEVER seen on the ps3.

The game appears to be installing to the HDD....which is weird because the back of the case states only 26MB space is needed.

Weirddddddddd...

Looks like the patch added the kick to Austin's stunner lol.

Oh wow, the patch just finished downloading, installed, the game booted up and now I'm on a Caching data loading bar....which I've NEVER seen on the ps3.

The game appears to be installing to the HDD....which is weird because the back of the case states only 26MB space is needed.

Weirddddddddd...

Looks like the patch added the kick to Austin's stunner lol.

added a kick to austins stunner :o video or foto !!!!!

Archived