Just Got the Game!

maskedmaniac

I just got the game like an hour ago. Some people are going to be sorely disappointed.

Yes, as an arcade style fighting game it is pretty good, but it is when you try to make it more than that when it disappoints.

First off, the CAW mode is extremely limited, much like in TNA impact. You can morph your guy in every aspect physically but there are only about ten different hairstyles. You can't place logos freely anywhere you want, although you can change the skin color like in pre SvR11 days, but there is no transparency.

Also, as stated before you can give them custom music other than 5 or 6 pre-made generic tracks.

And as far as the moves go, there is nothing more to choose from other than the superstars that are already in the game, which includes finishers, so creating a Scott Hall or Kurt Angle will be very difficult, they will look very generic. To boot there are about 15-20 call names and they are all "The" as in "The Superstar" or "The Monster" so NO first or last names like Pat or Alex etc.

Onto the other things; as far as unlocking stuff you will be playing this for days if not weeks since almost everything is locked;

-3 out of 6 arenas are locked so only SD and Raw and Wrestlemania are already available. Also there is no fist for the SD arena.

-Every superstars alt outfits are locked.

-There are about 5 wrestlers on each side you'll have to unlock (cant remember who)

-You even have to unlock the intro themes of each wrestler to be able to give them to your caw.

-Fantasy Warfare has to be unlocked too, so you have to pass Warrior v. Sheamus to unlock the next and so on.

As far as path of champs goes, there are only 3, Undertakers, Ortons and DX and there doesn't seem to be any more to unlock.

Played it some more and noticed Mr. Perfect doens't come out with his towel, but Jake The Snake does come out with his snake.

Also fantasy warfare matches are slightly more difficult than normal exhibition matches.

The hardcore matches are a lot of fun, hitting someone with a chair is a lot more fun here than in the SvR games.

I know I shouldn't compare this game to SvR but I can't really help it, just a little disappointed with some of it's shortcomings. Maybe once everyone has it we can have some fun online.

Im gonna go and play some more for now, but if you have any questions ask and I'll do my best to answer them, peace!

I just got the game like an hour ago. Some people are going to be sorely disappointed.

Yes, as an arcade style fighting game it is pretty good, but it is when you try to make it more than that when it disappoints.

First off, the CAW mode is extremely limited, much like in TNA impact. You can morph your guy in every aspect physically but there are only about ten different hairstyles. You can't place logos freely anywhere you want, although you can change the skin color like in pre SvR11 days, but there is no transparency.

Also, as stated before you can give them custom music other than 5 or 6 pre-made generic tracks.

And as far as the moves go, there is nothing more to choose from other than the superstars that are already in the game, which includes finishers, so creating a Scott Hall or Kurt Angle will be very difficult, they will look very generic.

Onto the other things; as far as unlocking stuff you will be playing this for days if not weeks since almost everything is locked;

-2 out of the 5 arenas are locked, which are the Allstars arena and the Summerslam arena. SD and Raw and Wrestlemania are already available.

-There are about 5 wrestlers on each side you'll have to unlock (cant remember who)

-You even have to unlock the intro themes of each wrestler to be able to give them to your caw.

-Fantasy Warfare has to be unlocked too, so you have to pass Warrior v. Sheamus to unlock the next and so on.

As far as path of champs goes, there are only 3, Undertakers, Ortons and DX and there doesn't seem to be any more to unlock.

Im gonna go and play some more for now, but if you have any questions ask and I'll do my best to answer them, peace!

What are Undertaker's four signatures?

Not sure if I'm getting this. I may get it 'free' by trading in all the games and DVDs I'm getting rid of by trading them all into CeX, seeing as there nothing else I want from them.

Have you played the demo? If you at least liked it a little, trade in the stuff, if you didn't like it, don't. Pretty easy decision.

and masked...one of the locked arenas is the classic sd arena..with the fist

Ok, kind of lame considering we've already seen pics of the Summerslam arena and have played the Allstars arena in the demo. It doesn't matter considering all the action is in the ring.

Just to add a little more to my first post, I think the action is pretty smooth in multiplayer matches, more so than in 1 on 1 where it can become a button smashing fest.

Handicap can be quite fun, I was surprised at how smooth me and my partner were able to beat up on the other guy without hitting ourselves too much.

And also back to the CAW mode, don't expect to make any luchadores like Mil Mascaras or Sin Cara, you can only choose from about 10 or 12 different masks and cant really put any logos on them, they already have some sorry designs on them.

Will try to put up my personal review shortly, I just want to play it some more to be fair. Any more questions please be sure to ask and I'll do my best.

Considering I already know all this information, and that there are more than ten hair styles, I still look forward to buying and enjoying the game. I don't mean to offend or flaunt in any way by saying this, but you're preaching to the people who know all of this and more and have been spending endless hours waiting for more information to gather about the game.

When it comes to hairstyles, I'm pretty sure there is 42 in total. A lot more than the 10 you were approximating. As for unlockables, I somewhat expected it and now that I know there are so many, it just makes me even happier about the game. The feeling of having achieved an accomplishment worthy of unlocking more to experience is pure satisfaction to me. And just as well, unlocking seems to be a trend with arcade games. It only makes the game do it's job that much more by giving it an even more arcade-like feel.

Even though this topic wasn't originally made to share that much uplifting information regarding the game, it's only gotten me more excited now that everything I know about it is confirmed and I know that hardcore matches are fun and elimination tornado tags are in. I appreciate the information and getting your view on the game as it really does have an affect, one way or the other, on how myself or others might see or interpret it.

if you play with the colors on the masks you can make a decent Mil Mascaras and Mistico/Sin Cara( Ive seen the mask options) there is also all the tools for Powers of Pain,Demolition,Doink,Papa Shango,Rick Rude and classic/crow Sting and Goldust

Yeah CAW mode is thin but with some creativity you can make some decent guys.

And as far as the moves go, there is nothing more to choose from other than the superstars that are already in the game, which includes finishers, so creating a Scott Hall or Kurt Angle will be very difficult, they will look very generic. To boot there are about 15-20 call names and they are all "The" as in "The Superstar" or "The Monster" so NO first or last names like Pat or Alex etc.

-3 out of 6 arenas are locked so only SD and Raw and Wrestlemania are already available. Also there is no fist for the SD arena.

Played it some more and noticed Mr. Perfect doens't come out with his towel, but Jake The Snake does come out with his snake.

Also fantasy warfare matches are slightly more difficult than normal exhibition matches.

The hardcore matches are a lot of fun, hitting someone with a chair is a lot more fun here than in the SvR games.

I know I shouldn't compare this game to SvR but I can't really help it, just a little disappointed with some of it's shortcomings. Maybe once everyone has it we can have some fun online.

SD Fist arena must be unlocked...right?

if you play with the colors on the masks you can make a decent Mil Mascaras and Mistico/Sin Cara( Ive seen the mask options) there is also all the tools for Powers of Pain,Demolition,Doink,Papa Shango,Rick Rude and classic/crow Sting and Goldust

I guess, though not too accurate. I made a decent Kurt Angle using the USA body decal, although the paint went on his body and not his gear. My fave creation so far is the Mummy. Trust me, everybody will be making a mummy when they get this game, he will be the gorilla from SvR11 that everyone was making.

Also I didn't know about unlocking the SD fist arena so thanks for the info.

Already got 7 achievements in about 2 hours of play, just thought that was kinda easy.

Is it possible to make Angle's camo attire?

Perhaps. I say this because I did not notice a wrestling singlet. Instead you'll have to put some tight shorts and a wife beater tank top on him, then hope that they each have a camo texture as an option. Each article of clothing has different textures, example; a shirt has an A-E (in most cases) when you click on the right stick which are different textures, with most having camo, or stripes or tye die to name a few. The coolest shirt was Ultimate Warriors, which was the only wrestler themed shirt in the game.

Back to Angle, don't expect to make him with the eagle logo or the "A" on his chest, you cant add text, sorry.

in the finishers unlocking topic I posted pics of the strategy guide unlockables pages in case anyone needs to look

I guess, though not too accurate. I made a decent Kurt Angle using the USA body decal, although the paint went on his body and not his gear. My fave creation so far is the Mummy. Trust me, everybody will be making a mummy when they get this game, he will be the gorilla from SvR11 that everyone was making.

Already got 7 achievements in about 2 hours of play, just thought that was kinda easy.

trust me- I will put up formulas for some very nice caws- Im starting with Sting,Goldust,Papa Shango,Doink and Dmolition

in the finishers unlocking topic I posted pics of the strategy guide unlockables pages in case anyone needs to look

trust me- I will put up formulas for some very nice caws- Im starting with Sting,Goldust,Papa Shango,Doink and Dmolition

I can see some nice Goldust, Shango, Doink and Demolitions being made since their face paints are there. I was thinking of making Sting the minute I say the scorpion decal that is available. Hope to see your work soon. Kinda glad there is no community creations online this game since a lot of people would be uploading lame army guys or a bunch of mummy characters.

Yea community creations isn't even needed. A game with 50 caw slots sure but this game everyone should be able to follow a form if needed. I think the caw mode is enough considering a lot of in game characters don't even look dead on so making them look similar enough should be cake. Is it 10 or 15 caws? Just double checking... I have 10 on my wishlist but will be adding 5 so if it's 10 please correct me.

Yea community creations isn't even needed. A game with 50 caw slots sure but this game everyone should be able to follow a form if needed. I think the caw mode is enough considering a lot of in game characters don't even look dead on so making them look similar enough should be cake. Is it 10 or 15 caws? Just double checking... I have 10 on my wishlist but will be adding 5 so if it's 10 please correct me.

15 caw slots

Archived