Official LockDown PPV Discussion

Misatouki

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really enjoyed this pay-per-view! I'm going to have to agree with people that this was a far better show than WrestleMania.

Did anybody else notice that when Jarrett had Angle in the figure four and Angle's shoulders were on the mat, the ref started counting even though it was submissions only? Tazz's commentary didn't make any sense either. He said it was submissions only, then he said that Angle could have been pinned, then he reminded us that it was submissions only.

hqhq.png

I really enjoyed this pay-per-view! I'm going to have to agree with people that this was a far better show than WrestleMania.

Did anybody else notice that when Jarrett had Angle in the figure four and Angle's shoulders were on the mat, the ref started counting even though it was submissions only? Tazz's commentary didn't make any sense either. He said it was submissions only, then he said that Angle could have been pinned, then he reminded us that it was submissions only.

hqhq.png

Shame on Brian Hebner for pulling a Jackson James. :hqhq:

hqhq.png

I didn't, but I'm actually surprised that those were the only 2 blatant brain farts from the entire show, since TNA usually has around 4-5 per PPV. Dunno about you guys, but it feels great to have a sliver of hope in the company not only get rewarded with a well-done PPV, but that said PPV totally outclassed the WWE's biggest wrestling PPV.

I was going to watch it on Challenge on Wednesday but meh I CBA to wait that long

Xscape (the cage) Match

Awesome match especially when the true X-Division wrestlers where in the ring like Bucks,Sabin,Lethal and Red, it was obvious Suicide was going to be an early one out, Kendrick was once again utter shit! I am not a fan off him due to him doing nothing in the match till there was him, Bucks and E left in, the booking for this match was god awful as the stand out people in this match went out before everyone else, Max clearly won because hes in a storyline thats why, even tho the people who made this match a great match went out early im glad Kendrick didn't win

8.5/10

4 way tag team match

average tag team match, I dont even know how Ink Inc won as I was watching Young

4/10

Joe V Dinero

I was distracted by Joe's ugly trunks the whole match, average match but I lol'd so hard when they did a close up of Dinero ass and Taz was like why is there a close up! then Tenay says this isnt orlando Jordan LMAO I nearly cried laughing, I really hope this feud is over but something is telling me it isnt :(

4.5/10

Matt Morgan V Hernandez

I didn't think they could have a worser match then they already have, when will booking understand that they dont work well together in the ring FFS!

2.5/10

Angle V Jarrett

I loved when Angle did the cutter and the build up to it, im guessing thats a little dig right there, Dont understand why the ref was counting the pin in a submission match, he has a earpiece in yet no one saying stop counting! just before the second fall I was thinking to myself OMG another shit match but damn it picked up and it was a awesome match, really enjoyed this match even tho this feud isn't over it I actually cant wait till there next match because this easily stole the show

9/10

Three way TNA title match

Finisher, a minute later Finisher, a minute later Finisher, RVD heel turn?, swerve, Anderson weapon shot on RVD, Scorpion Deathdrop 1...2...3 *yawn* Boring!

2.5/10

Lethal Lockdown

Wasn't that great TBH AJ Styles' surprise return was the highlight, Hardy and Abyss didn't do nothing and all it was after the weapons came down was someone just hitting someone else with it, defiantly not one of the lockdowns i'll remember at all, my prediction off Hardy being on the top was right, I expect more from a lockdown match and a armbar to win was meh

7.5/10

but that said PPV totally outclassed the WWE's biggest wrestling PPV.

WWE doesn't have wrestling PPV's :hqhq:

lol

Since WWE is trying really hard to separate themselves from pro wrestling, TNA should go the exact opposite route. Flaunt the fact that they're professional wrestlers. Some people hated Tony Shiavone, but one thing he always did in WCW was go out of his way to call wrestling a sport.

In my Opinion, besides the whole cage concept, this PPV was just a normal TNA Impact show. But to a sudden extent it was better then Wrestlemania. I enjoyed that Mickie James has held all 3 main belts now in the wrestling business. (I think it is called triple crown champion since it said that on twitter) Also Kurt Angle vs Jeff Jarett was the only real match i liked (Though i am pissed that Jeff won...AGAIN!!) Everything else was really boring..i didn't even enjoy Immortal vs Fortune until AJ Styles came out. Other then that This was ok. I wouldn't say it was a Undertaker vs Triple H or CM Punk vs Randy Orton (the only two good matches in WM 27)

But in the terms of wrestling yeah this was better then WM27

Joe V Dinero

I was distracted by Joe's ugly trunks the whole match, average match but I lol'd so hard when they did a close up of Dinero ass and Taz was like why is there a close up! then Tenay says this isnt orlando Jordan LMAO I nearly cried laughing, I really hope this feud is over but something is telling me it isnt :(

Being a friend of John Cena is finally starting to rub off on him. :hqhq:

The crowd was pretty terrible (seriously, Bischoff got a bigger pop than anything that happened in the Xscape match), which gave a bad vibe to the PPV, but it was still a good show. I really wished that they saved the KO Title match for Sacrifice, and left it off the card. At the very least, they could have added Anarquia vs. Devon to the show (since it was apparently bumped off?).

Joe V Dinero

The crowd was pretty terrible (seriously, Bischoff got a bigger pop than anything that happened in the Xscape match), which gave a bad vibe to the PPV, but it was still a good show. I really wished that they saved the KO Title match for Sacrifice, and left it off the card. At the very least, they could have added Anarquia vs. Devon to the show (since it was apparently bumped off?).

Anarquia vs Devon was on the British version, i didn't realise it wasn't on the show to be honest.

I'll agree that was a terrible crowd, really odd, where were the sheep tonight? I Can't remember a single "That was awesome!" chant at all (there likely was one or two, i just can't remember them) which is freaky for a TNA Crowd, they try to chant it at least 500 times per match no matter what.

The Last time i remember a crowd so dead in TNA was a good few years back when near the end of the PPV (I Can't remember which) a few of the regulars who were always in the front row (tall guy and his buddies, the female jeff hardy fan with coloured hair etc) turned their backs on the ring and they didn't appear at any of the shows for a long long time.

Joe V Dinero

Anarquia vs Devon was on the British version, i didn't realise it wasn't on the show to be honest.

I'll agree that was a terrible crowd, really odd, where were the sheep tonight? I Can't remember a single "That was awesome!" chant at all (there likely was one or two, i just can't remember them) which is freaky for a TNA Crowd, they try to chant it at least 500 times per match no matter what.

The Last time i remember a crowd so dead in TNA was a good few years back when near the end of the PPV (I Can't remember which) a few of the regulars who were always in the front row (tall guy and his buddies, the female jeff hardy fan with coloured hair etc) turned their backs on the ring and they didn't appear at any of the shows for a long long time.

It might be me, but I sense a hint of sarcasm in that reply, so I'll further my reason:

I thought it was terrible because of how nobody, but the "older" wrestlers/personalities were the ones getting the big cheers. Bischoff, Steiner, Jarrett (yes, even him), Angle, Flair, Sting and Hogan all got cheered over the majority of everybody else on the card. Then during the Joe/Pope, Xscape and Hernandez/Morgan (a bit understandable) matches, the crowd was pretty much dead.

Shitty reason to say a crowd was terrible, maybe, but when Bischoff gets a big pop from a crowd, you know something's wrong with them. :shift:

Archived