Formula 1 Thread

Zander

McLaren driver Lewis Hamilton says he would rather quit Formula 1 than change his racing style, after being involved in a controversial accident at Sunday's Monaco Grand Prix. (Daily Telegraph)

Oh well, would free up a top race seat i guess.

I know this isn't f1 but i'll just post this here. what a finish this is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4EGq_yKp2-A

there was another big race in america that day. here's the final couple of laps

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdn-QFJJOPM

if only Vettel had a last lap calamity on sunday as well

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bahrain Grand prix is on. it'll take place on october 30th. the Indian Grand prix will be moved to december which makes it the final race i think.

the decision has recieved a negative reaction so far. As far as i'm concerned it's an extra race and one which could be made quite exciting with the DRS so good decision in my opinion. As long as the teams and fans attending are safe of course.

also the Ferrari shortlist to replace Massa(if they do) apparently includes Mark Webber, Jenson Button and Nico Rosberg.

FORMULA 1 CALENDAR FOR 2012 IN FULL

BAHRAIN - 11 March

AUSTRALIA - 18 March

MALAYSIA - 1 April

CHINA - 8 April

SOUTH KOREA - 22 April

TURKEY* - 6 May

SPAIN - 20 May

MONACO - 27 May

CANADA - 10 June

UNITED STATES - 17 June

VALENCIA, SPAIN - 1 July

BRITAIN - 15 July

GERMANY - 29 July

HUNGARY - 5 August

BELGIUM - 2 September

ITALY - 9 September

SINGAPORE - 30 September

JAPAN - 14 October

INDIA - 28 October

ABU DHABI - 11 November

BRAZIL - 25 November

* Subject to confirmation

21 races

also the Ferrari shortlist to replace Massa(if they do) apparently includes Mark Webber, Jenson Button and Nico Rosberg.

That's a weak looking list, if Ferrari were serious about having two great drivers surely they'd want Kubica or even Kobayashi.

They'd have to wait and see if Kubica is as good as he was or if he'll even make a full recovery.

The article i read said that they are basically looking for a number 2 driver who can score high points consistently.

Holy shit that looked nasty. Any news on any injuries to him and/or crowd?

LOL at the cameraman running away from the tyre.

McNish appears ok as he gets out and he's been taken for precautionary checks. The photographers miraculously appear to be uninjured.

an hour was spent behind the safety car while the debris was cleared.

Sergio Perez felt ill and will not take part in this race weekend. Sauber didn't bring a reserve driver so they've borrowed Pedro De La Rosa, who they sacked last season, from McLaren.

I find it difficult to hate him as he's not as much of a dick compared to others on the grid, it's always been a shame when one driver dominates the championship. In an ideal world the title would go down to the last race every year, but meh.

Archived