Formula 1 Thread

Zander

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't really understand why they are allowed to do that. Sure, it makes sense from there point of view to save tyres, but it makes it pretty boring when only 6 cars are trying to get pole.

Anyway, same old boring standings. All that will happen is Webber will fall down 3 or 4 places and grid will remain pretty much identical. I don't understand where drivers are supposed to overtake on a track like that. Can see there being lots of yellow flags aswell with those horrible curbs.

If Hamilton has his regular crash in the race he would endear himself to me if he crashed with Vettel.

And if Vettell got an injury that wasn't too serious but kept him out of the season, then that wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing :shifty:.

How about keep him out of every race except the finale, and Alonso could go on a winning streak leading to a good title scrap in Brazil.

If Vettel wins this weekend then Alonso must finish on the podium to keep his slight challenge going, Webber or Button have to finish second and Hamilton would be out of the running.

Of course we all know that Vettel will just win the title at the next race if not tomorrow.

A furious Felipe Massa heavily criticised Lewis Hamilton after their clash at the Singapore Grand Prix.

McLaren's Hamilton was penalised after turning into Massa when fighting over seventh, breaking part of his front wing and puncturing Massa's rear tyre.

After the race, Massa tapped Hamilton on the shoulder to which the Brit responded: "Do not touch me again."

The Ferrari driver told BBC Sport: "My thoughts are that, again, he cannot use his mind - even in qualifying."

The Brazilian added: "He has done it to me so many times this year.

"Again, he could've caused a big accident. He's paying for it and he doesn't understand that.

"It's important the FIA study this and penalise him every time.

When asked if he would tell Hamilton how he was feeling, Massa said: "Yeah, I told him. But he cannot even listen, maybe his father can imagine [what's it like to be] me."

Massa and Hamilton had an altercation in the TV interview area after the race.

The Brazilian went up to the McLaren driver as he was about to start an interview, tapped him on the arm, and said: "Thanks for that."

Hamilton swore at him, saying: "Don't ever touch me again."

Hamilton needs to consult a pshychologist or something. They could maybe discuss his state of mind as he races.

• 2 weeks later...

Sebastian *censored*ing Vettel. I'm ecstatic for him.

Fantastic race. Disappointed not to see Di Resta finish in the points but well done to Button for a great performance. Glad I got up at stupid o'clock to watch the race, it was definitely an interesting one.

Can't say i'm happy for Vettel. In fact it's been a foregone conclusion for so long that i don't really have any feeling about this "special" moment at all. it's done, time for McLaren(Button) and Ferrari(Alonso) and maybe even Mercedes(Schumacher of course) to bring the challenge next year.

May the 2012 season be one with many different winners and a title race right down to the wire with no man dominating, because this year would have been a great year had we had a competitive title race to go with the improvement in the racing.

It is kind of scary in a time like this, in a field with at least 4 other world champions and one of them being the best ever, that Vettel can dominate. Sure, the car helped, but Vettel was nearly flawless. Only made 1 mistake in Canada, other than that, he was elite. Has become so much better compared to last year.

Interesting yes, as long as we don't seriously do it in F1. I always opposed to make chassis', engines, etc. the same in F1.

Looking at this season, I'd think that either Alonso or Vettel would probably win such a series though.

With Rosberg as a dark horse, I'm dying to see what he can do in a winning car.

Hats off to Fonso, ahead of Webber and Hamilton in an inferior Ferrari and only 8 points away from the "mighty" Button. Says a lot.

Yeah, I know what you meant with it.

I really hope that Ferrari sort their shit out. It's getting annoying to see the cars from Maranello be so far behind on the competition. Luckily, Costa got fired, so we might see some improvement.

Perfect scenario would be Ferrari, McLaren, Red Bull and Mercedes fighting for the titles, like what was predicted in 2010.

Mercedes are building a good technical team and if they can build a car that is capable then i'm sure that both Rosberg and Schumacher would be able to challenge.

Vettel is clearly a great and Webber seems to have got worse too.

I like Massa and i genuinely hope he can sort himself out but i think the time is coming to consider his future. Ferrari will never win the constructors even with a car as good as the others because Red Bull and McLaren drivers are usually fairly close. As are the Mercedes drivers if they get up there.

Interesting to hear Brundle talk about 3 Renault drivers trying to get into 2 seats, Senna, petrov and Grosjean. I take it we're discounting Kubica then.

Also if Kimi goes to Williams they better build a winning car so he can challenge.

Hats off to Fonso, ahead of Webber and Hamilton in an inferior Ferrari and only 8 points away from the "mighty" Button. Says a lot.

Lewis gave up halfway through the season, and Webber is a shit driver; it doesn't actually say much to be honest.

Archived