Formula 1 Thread

Zander

A new thread for a new season.

To kick things off, let's predict who'll come out on top in Melbourne. My guess is McLaren or Ferrari. McLaren may have a better car than Ferrari but I think Alonso is the better driver. So I give Alonso the nod for Sunday's race.

The 2011 Calendar:

Race

1. Australian GP - 27th March Winner - Vettel

2. Malaysian GP - 10th April Winner - Vettel

3. Chinese GP - 17th April Winner - Hamilton

4. Turkish GP - 8th May Winner - Vettel

5. Spanish GP (Barcelona) - 22nd May Winner - Vettel

6. Monaco GP - 29th May Winner - Vettel

7. Canadian GP - 12th June Winner - Button

8. European GP (Valencia) - 26th June Winner - Vettel

9. British GP - 10th July Winner - Alonso

10. German GP - 24th July

11. Hungarian GP - 31th July

12. Belgian GP - 28th August

13. Italian GP - 11th September

14. Singapore GP - 25th September

15. Japanese GP - 9th October

16. Korean GP - 16th October

17. Indian GP - 30th October

18. Abu Dhabi GP - 13th November

19. Brazilian GP - 27th November

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Red Bull will qualify 1-2. Then the usual teams in the top 10. Maybe Perez or Kobayashi getting in. Williams new guy was apparently quite bad, as were the Virgins. Lol'd at Chandhok crashing straight away, not sure how he crashed where he did.

He is in 2nd place though and with a fast starting Webber behind him, i don't see him getting 1st place at the start.

Perfect scenario would be if Hamilton and Webber manages to knock eachother off the road. Alonso passes Button and overtakes Vettel in the long run, due to having better race pace.

I was a bit disappointed with Ferrari today as i expected Fernando to get into the first row.

Anyway podium prediction for tomorrow.

1 Sebastian Vettel

2.Mark Webber

3. Fernando Alonso

I expect Lewis or Jensen to come in either 4th or 5th and Massa will probably be 8th and Kobayashi should get a 6th place.

I don't understand why you wouldn't like Vettel. Seems like a perfectly nice, down-to-eath guy. Anyway, I backed him last year and I'll back him this year.

His stupid speeches when he wins or take pole position. We are who we are. Feels cheesy and forced as hell to make that one good quote...

And of course, the Webber-situation and Vettel eliminating Button in Spa didn't made him too popular with the Brits as well.

And he's German.

It's not like Alonso-hate, but out of all the championship drivers last year, Vettel was probably the most impopular driver behind Alonso.

For the Brits.

I don't have a problem with him being German, or even Germany itself, but then the Scots don't have the same animosity for Germany that the English do.

I admit what he says after he wins a race is a little cheesy but it's not a reason for me to dislike him. I like him because he's a good driver, whereas I've never rated Button and I put most most of his performances and finishes down to just the car.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived