any interesting info on CawsCast tonight?

rwc650

Makes me laugh that we have how many people out here that listened to the Podcast and not one soul could say If anything was good or not on this Podcast with Marcus, Charles and JJ Sexy. That's just sad IMO! :nono:

The first hour was a Raw recap, then JJ went on a short TNA rant of how he's given up on them and didn't even watch the ppv. Then there was a brief discussion about All Stars. Marcus told us there will be some blogs this week involving its CAW mode.....but he hammered in the fact that you shouldn't compare it to SvR (take that as you will). He also mentioned he didn't work on that game so not a lot was said regarding it.

JJ then opened up the phone lines and the remainder of the show veered off into SvR territory. jackinmyswag relayed his problems with uploading to Community Creations, to which Marcus placed blame on GameSpy (and rightfully so). Another caller asked about submission and slider improvements, and brought up an idea for an "out of nowhere" finisher ability.

The whole time the calls were being taken, Marcus was answering questions from the chat, which led to more than a few shortsightedness of design vs. enjoyable gameplay debates involving the return of blocking, running moves, and the removal of hundreds of moves because they didn't think they looked good. The same old stuff really. And while I can see his side of things, and the position he's in as community manager....I don't exactly agree with his views on sacrificing gameplay in order to be authentic to the WWE.....but still, I'm glad he and Tank converse with us as much as they do giving us the heads up on things.

The show then wrapped up with some emails.

Good wrap-up, Shift. :)

A Few things:

- didn't place "blame" for our servers on anyone. I told you guys our situation. I'll let you guys place the blame.

- Great discussion on gameplay, in particular the blocks / running grapples, etc. I don't disagree with what you guys are saying. I'm simply telling you guys that as designers, we have priorities. If there's a move that's in the WWE vs a move that's not in the WWE, we're choosing the move in the WWE every time and twice on Sunday. There are things in wrestling that aren't in the WWE. I can't stress enough that we're making a WWE game here, and that's our priority. Am I saying a "block" can't go in our games? No. I merely asked you guys how often you see blocks in the WWE. Don't assume, guys :)

Thanks for having me on, it was awesome.

Good wrap-up, Shift. :)

A Few things:

- didn't place "blame" for our servers on anyone. I told you guys our situation. I'll let you guys place the blame.

Yeah, that might've been a little strong. But still, it's not THQ's fault that the servers are a mess other than partnering with Gamespy in the first place. Hopefully one day y'all can drop them like a bad habit.

From memory I think they said they were looking at create an arena for 2011 but it wasn't possible so it was something they were hoping for 2012... but again... no guarantees. I'm sure it was on a video interview.

From memory I think they said they were looking at create an arena for 2011 but it wasn't possible so it was something they were hoping for 2012... but again... no guarantees. I'm sure it was on a video interview.

You're right, we're looking at it for this year.

:???: i just pooed myself after reading that excited much :shifty:

Please do more than look Marcus, lol.

And if y'all do put it in, please give us preset graphics for the (classic) big five ppvs so we don't have to remake them ourselves, since I'm assuming the aprons and arena banners will use paint tools in some fashion.

Been wanting this mode for awhile now.

You're right, we're looking at it for this year.

YesYesYesYesYesYes. :D

All I hope is that we can erase all trace off WWE logos one the arena and the ability to have the old red, blue and white ropes.

Archived